Tracking station + orbital survey = bad

Hi, yesterday I send a scanner to the Mun and scanned it for resources, all is well.

Then, I went to the tracking station to see the results, this is where stuff went bad...

First of all, the Mun had apparently become my scanner, it was still the Mun bit it was treated like my scanner probe, it had the info thing (shows the mass, part count and all that) and the Kerbal button, but obviously had no Kerbals in it, because of this I couldn't see my results.

THEN things got worse, after going out of and back into the tracking station a couple of times without success, I decided to reboot KSP, after I saved my game, I checked on the tracking station situation again, and this time it focused on the Mun, it had the normal buttons back but none of them worked, the button to exit the tracking station didn't work and none of the buttons worked, and the sidebar with the active crafts on it was completely blank and a bit buggy.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, on a different save file (that had different mods) the same thing happened after I scanned Minmus, on another one (that had different mods too) Jebediah got a hell kraken after bailing out of a plane and was still counted as an active craft, but was inside Kerbin, whenever I clicked on his sidebar button, the same thing happened-no buttons working-so Jeb was unrecoverable.

If anyone asks for a mod list, please explain to me how to copy/paste my GameData file.

- - - Updated - - -

I may add that I've modified the part file of the Survey Scanner so that it also functions as an antennae, but I don't think that would be the problem.

Your issue seems to be the same as the one in this thread.

I also had an issue similar to this one, here.

Modifying the part file doesn't seem to cause the issue as I didn't do it, and the other thread does not mention it either.

Good to know it seems linked to orbital surveys, it may help to find a solution.

A mod list would be helpful there (as it may have something to do with Distant Object Enhancement, not sure).

You can show a screenshot of your GameData folder, or upload the folder with DropBox, MediaFire or any other similar file hosts; but the best would be to manually write your modlist and include the mod versions.

If possible, please include past mods that you removed.

I've been having issues with my tracking station as well, pretty much the same as yours. It first appeared when trying to switch to a vessel that was on a sub-orbital trajectory. I ended up deleting that save game and starting a new one. The last time I encountered the bug was after doing an orbital survey on the Mun. After the survey I went to the tracking station and it said there was "no orbital survey data". When I try to switch back to the probe, all sorts of wonky problems happened.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.