This thing needs a river or canyon. 237m Booster Bridge.

Azimech

I really loved the game Pontifex, you'd have a fixed budget, a max number of parts and the game would test the bridge after you built it.

hqdefault.jpg

So today I built myself a bridge. 428 parts, 707t, 237x20x12.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This bridge is "intelligent". It has a probe core, fuel cell, vernor engines and landing gear. Use hyperedit to land it somewhere, while it’s slowly descending you can use the vernor engines to change the attitude. Retract landing gear after it has settled.

At 46t truck has successfully driven over it!

Don’t forget to enable the fuel cell or the street lights will drain the battery in a minute.

In the editor: first select the offset gizmo, then shift-click on any part, and it will choose the root part. This way you can slide it all the way in or out the SPH.

And yes ... a few gif animations are being uploaded with firing boosters ;-)

Download link

Edited by Azimech

Wait... An intelligent bridge? Can you confirm that we will not have any rebellions, revolutions, or apocalypses caused by bridges becoming too smart for their own good? I don't want to wake up late one night to learn that the Brooklyn Bridge has personally come down from New York to Alabama to tear me a new one.

Take a look at this: https://bridgecontest.org/

Ah west point bridge designer. I remember playing around with the exaggeration effects in middle school. Sweet memories of building a most code breaking bridge yet.

In regards to the post, holy mother of bridges, that part count though. Have you tested how much can the bridge handle? (Load wise)

At least 46 tons with ease. I'll try 60 tons soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... An intelligent bridge? Can you confirm that we will not have any rebellions, revolutions, or apocalypses caused by bridges becoming too smart for their own good? I don't want to wake up late one night to learn that the Brooklyn Bridge has personally come down from New York to Alabama to tear me a new one.

This is KSP ... I cannot guarantee you anything!

Have you considered attempting to use the jr. docking ports to make a drawbridge? If you have seen the space planes people built in stock KSP with the tail able to undock and lift up I think that you could do the same with your bridge.

The technology race is on:

(Sorry, imgur is broken)

34t truck. 30m bridge. 56 part bridge.

I score it like this:

0 Points.

+34

+30

=8 Points

Yours scores like this:

+46

+237

=-145

Using that "formula" doesn't really give an incentive to build beautiful bridges ;-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.