Realistic-er Kerbol System

The concept for the mod:

You can make a mod that re-scales the planets in an ascetic format. Yes, it sounds confusing, but here's an example:

You increase Kerbin's size to, say, the size of Mars. But instead of keeping the gravity at 1g, like some planet re-scale mods, make it to realistic scale (~0.3g). This way, the orbital velocity/the delta-v for LKO is the same a stock, but with Kerbin being much bigger and having low gravity.

I know, it's easier done than said, so feel free to ask questions! :confused:

There are plenty of mods that already do this X2 X4 X6.4 (Earth Scale Kerbin) X10

I know those already exist, but here's what I'm saying. Instead of doing double of Kerbin size, Keeping it a 1g, and increasing delta-v for orbit and beyond, Increase Kerbin's size, make mass on par with said size, so delta-v req. are the same, but with a bigger, better Kerbin.

As I said, easier done than said.

I know those already exist, but here's what I'm saying. Instead of doing double of Kerbin size, Keeping it a 1g, and increasing delta-v for orbit and beyond, Increase Kerbin's size, make mass on par with said size, so delta-v req. are the same, but with a bigger, better Kerbin.

As I said, easier done than said.

What makes it better then? If it plays exactly the same? Just having less detailed texture maps?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.