Stability Assist mode causes ship to rotate / pitch / yaw randomly.

Hello,

Started getting this problem pop in my current save game.

Running the 1.04 version of KSP no mods, save file is from 1.04 as are all ships, also using steam.

Occasionally when activating SAS on stability assist mode the Ship will rotate rapidly, can can also roll, yaw or pitch... all other modes work perfectly fine. When this happens I seem to be unable to return to the Space Center easily... its either not accessible at all, or will occasionally drop down only to snap away before I can click it (Increasing Warp to x5, however seems to let me return fine).

It occurs randomly, and restarting the game doesn't seem to make any difference...(alt-tabbing out from the game seems to also cause or stop it from happening... again somewhat randomly)

This is occurring outside of the atmosphere, on multiple different ships and stations (all previously fine until now).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Further information:

After some further experimenting, this seems to occur (at least for me) in the following situation: Having an Xbox 360 controller plugged in and alt-tabbing (this both causes and fixes the situation)

I'm not sure if its acting like an on-off toggle, its hard to see whats going on in the game when your out of it ;) But playing in windowed mode and just clicking to another window doesn't cause it to happen...

Hi Pyrkie, does this still occur when you don't have any controller axis bound in KSP ?

If is doesn't, try increasing the deadzones.

Also, KSP doesn't like to be alt+tabbed when fullscreen, try alt+enter first, or play in windowed mode if you need to access other applications.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.