Want to add mods to KSP but don't know where to start? Watch my series!

maxrsp

Hi guys!

I'm happy to tell you about a mod series I'm working on that helps people who are relatively new to KSP and want to add mods to their game to improve the playability and therefore fun :)

I'm 12 episodes in so far (EDIT: more episode links in the thread below) and have had some wonderful modders such as Athlonic (Chatterer), Nightingale (Waypoint Manager), and even PorkJet (Habitat Pack) feature my videos on their mod thread OPs.

My goal is to encourage more people to dive into the mods pool by making the process accessible and introducing them to great mods in an organized progression.

Series playlist:

Looking forward to seeing you there!

max

Edited by maxrsp

Here is a list of episodes so far in the series (scroll down through the thread for new episode links):

Episode 0 - Introduction

Episode 1 - Installing and Managing Mods with CKAN

Episode 2 - Chatterer

Episode 3 - ScienceAlert

Episode 4 - StageRecovery

Episode 5 - Waypoint Manager

Episode 6 - Minimum Ambient Lighting & Surface Lights

Episode 7 - Navball Docking Alignment Indicator & Docking Sounds

Episode 8 - Trajectories

Episode 9 - Habitat Pack

Episode 10 - It's Time to Level Up!

Episode 10.5 - Stock Clamshell Fairings

Edited by maxrsp

This is completely off-topic, but are you seriously using Internet Explorer as your go to browser? :D

That's like letting Jeb fly a rocket without supervision… :P

On the other hand I finally know what this CKAN is that people keep talking about. Thx!

Edit: You sound exactly like Joe Gatto from Impractical Jokers :D

Edited by NoSyMe

This is completely off-topic, but are you seriously using Internet Explorer as your go to browser? :D

That's like letting Jeb fly a rocket without supervision… :P

On the other hand I finally know what this CKAN is that people keep talking about. Thx!

Edit: You sound exactly like Joe Gatto from Impractical Jokers :D

@IE - lol, I know, I just never get around to changing

@Joe Gatto - I'll take that as a compliment :)

Definitely approve of this series, very good overview of the mods that are featured.

Thanks Nightingale, appreciate the support :)

:o You could look at a few of these if you want. I started a repository only a few days ago. You might find some nice oddities in there. Especially the sounds mods. :)

Cool, I see a few prospects in there for sure. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't seen these but you should show Ven Stock Revamp, it is great for players who want the game to look a lot better, it's even better with cloud mods and an 8k texture for Kerbin.

with all of those, rest in pieces RAM

Edited by legoclone09

Maxrsp, thanks very much for your series, I'm finding them very helpful.  I'm very much a newb to KSP and, so far, playing just beyond stock.  What I like most about your vids is how you show the basics of using the mods, for the most part they don't come with much in the way of instructions.  (yeah I haven't hunted too hard for them either)  For example I had loaded Stage Recovery.  I figured I had to deploy the chutes at staging, but of course they were always destroyed.  One look at your vid, and I'm running the chute stages to the top of the list and I'm recovering everything in sight.  Great tips, please keep them coming.

As a couple of suggestions, I was finding the early game science collection a little difficult and tedious.  I loaded up "DMagic Orbital Science" and "CactEye Orbital Telescopes" for a couple of new science avenues.  They've worked out very well for me, including adding some challenging but doable contracts to the game.

Cheers

Gerry

Hey Tailwind,

First of all thanks for the kind feedback :) I haven't yet tried Cateye Telescopes but it looks interesting.  As for Dmagic Orbital Science, I'm a big fan and I use it myself in most of my career games.  I just haven't featured it yet because then I'm into Universal Storage as well to get the most out of it (another great mod BTW) and things start to snowball on me when I'm trying to keep it simple :wink:  I probably will get to it eventually though because it's a great mod and does help ease the science grind a bit.  Thanks for the suggestions!

max

Edited by maxrsp

On January 3, 2016 at 1:07 AM, legoclone09 said:

Haven't seen these but you should show Ven Stock Revamp, it is great for players who want the game to look a lot better, it's even better with cloud mods and an 8k texture for Kerbin.

with all of those, rest in pieces RAM

Thanks for the suggestion Lego, that is definitely a strong selection.  To be honest though I'm trying to keep things simple since my target audience here is relative newcomers, and Ven's collection can be a bit complicated to get everything working together.  Probably won't feature that bad-boy anytime soon :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.