[0.19] Multiversal Mechatronics - Fixed Camera - 1.3

r4m0n

This will be awesome in the the BigTrak and the various vehicles in the Cart mod.

It\'ll also be excellent for rendezvous missions for a real POV.

And of course we can put them on satellites and space stations. Would be nice if MechJeb\'s SURF function was persistent so they always faced the right way.

Also useful for aiming the various weapons, and of course the cruise missile POV.

Absolute nectar my friend, this will take fan videos to a whole new level! Can\'t wait to try it out!

EDIT: What is the range of camera functionality? In other words if I\'ve placed a camera on Minmus, can I view that camera if I\'m flying in Kerbin\'s atmosphere say? Or do you have to be within a certain range to swap cameras?

If the camera would work longer on detached parts...........I would have a stroke. A joyous stroke. A joyous, detached part stroke...while recording.

That might just be due to those SRBs falling below a certain altitude - causing them to disappear. I\'d try detaching a camera whilst in orbit and then see how long it lasts...

This is fantastic. Been wanting this functionality for a while now (been watching SpaceX launches :)

As has been mentioned previously, it would be great to be able to adjust camera views in the same way that one does with the default camera positions. (pan etc)

What are you guys using as camera mounts? I have used the light pod from the Bigtrak, but that\'s a bit unwieldy.

A powered hinge from Damned Robotic, perhaps? Maybe combi it with a rotatron for 180 degree POV?

A powered hinge from Damned Robotic, perhaps? Maybe combi it with a rotatron for 180 degree POV?

That\'s actually a freaking good idea, can\'t believe i hadn\'t thought of that yet -_-

Thanks!

That\'s actually a freaking good idea, can\'t believe i hadn\'t thought of that yet -_-

Thanks!

I wasn\'t sure if they might reset their position, so I\'ve just made custom rovers with the cameras angled for how I\'d like them.

Nothing happens when i press the keys F7 F8 :o

Did you put a camera somewhere on your craft or use one of the .cfg edits provided for the spaceplane cockpits? Without either, the plugin won\'t be active as the only valid camera is the default one.

Thanks, that worked brilliantly. Why the hell hadn\'t I downloaded the Damned Robotic parts? They are great!

So far, I\'ve only been using cameras for aiming railguns (while using LASERs as crosshairs), so I\'ve always put them right between the guns. Which were usually mounted on a VTOL hinge, which was sometimes placed on a rotatron.

Shooting debris has never been so much fun.

Unfortunately, this new perspective has led me to see (while trying to snipe debris from a plane) just how utterly uncontrollable most atmospheric aircraft in KSP are. Sad. I was looking forward to going all Red Baron >:(

Here\'s a part.cfg for the Mk.1 Pod for those who wonder why they can\'t switch cameras on a rocket... ;)

Put it in KSP_win/Parts/mk1pod/ , backup and delete the old part.cfg, and rename mk1pod_part cfg to part.cfg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.