[0.19] Multiversal Mechatronics - Fixed Camera - 1.3

r4m0n

Eeeeh ... Dolkramp ... are you serious about that stroke? If so, open the the spoiler at your own risk!

Place a MechJeb AR202 case on the required parts which you want to follow detached. After detaching toggle the Orbital map. Double click on the detached parts to switch to that 'vessel'. All camera\'s on the detached part are now usable until the detached part crashes unto the surface.

Doesn\'t work when in atmosphere :(

Eeeeh ... Dolkramp ... are you serious about that stroke? If so, open the the spoiler at your own risk!

Place a MechJeb AR202 case on the required parts which you want to follow detached. After detaching toggle the Orbital map. Double click on the detached parts to switch to that 'vessel'. All camera\'s on the detached part are now usable until the detached part crashes unto the surface.

Doesn\'t work when in atmosphere :(

Yeah, doesn\'t work. :(

But that doesn\'t in any way lessen the pure liquid awesome of this plugin. My F1 key is broke, and FRAPS is filing a restraining order against me.

Um, last time I crashed a rocket, I had camras on detached parts that still worked. although you might have to be looking thorught them before detaching them....

One thing you can do is take missiles with stabiliser fins to ~70km orbits, with MechJeb and a camera, and fire them off your main craft then quickly go to space center > tracking station > select your missile.

Yeah, doesn\'t work. :(

But that doesn\'t in any way lessen the pure liquid awesome of this plugin. My F1 key is broke, and FRAPS is filing a restraining order against me.

It works for me and I just found out that it isn\'t even necessary to attach a MechJeb. But you should disengage the autopilot and/or cut the thrust on the stage before switching to the orbital map to enable switching to other 'vessels'.

screenshot22.png

* edit - added screenprint of stage just before crashing into the sea*

YES! finnally! i\'ve been waiting so long for this, i was already thinking to myself to make a plugin like this to see your own rocket launch from the ground through the eyes of an spectator. But this is more than i expected! you\'ve just blown my mind!

Nice work!

I love this camera. I was landing this rover, and when I wanted to switch to the rover\'s view, it suddenly switched to my solar array which was on-site (and also had a cam).

screenshot299.png

I was really happy it did :D

I usually place my cams on a rotatron + doorhinge. It works very well (and to those still wondering, it doesn\'t reset position after switching to another craft)

The same goes for this rocket launch. I had a plane on the runway, and a test version of a new lander of mine near the launch pad

screenshot331.png

screenshot330.png

I see I\'m not the only one having trouble with compatibility between this plugin and electricity. Everything else seems to work apart from that. Cameras work great thought :D If only MuMechLib.dll 1.8.4.0 and 1.8.4.1 could be compiled together to make it all work... *hint hint*

Hi,

Maybe it\'s stupis question, but how I can do this, please (where I must place the camera to get these nice liftoff pics)

beznzvusok.png

? I had some ideas, but all needed more crafts and that\'s quite awkward.

Thanks to anyone who will reply me.

Also, so awesome job r4mon. :)

Hi,

Maybe it\'s stupis question, but how I can do this, please (where I must place the camera to get these nice liftoff pics)

beznzvusok.png

? I had some ideas, but all needed more crafts and that\'s quite awkward.

Thanks to anyone who will reply me.

Also, so awesome job r4mon. :)

There no other way, besides with an other craft.

Build a movable camera with a cart or truck. Launch that first. Just drive it to about 1 000 - 1 500m distance. Make sure you have a good view of the launchtower. Press escape and go back to the Space center. (DO NOT PRESS END FLIGHT!).

Build your rocket and launch it. Before really launching it, press F7 or F8 until you see the view from the movable camera. Now press the spacebar to launch your rocket and enjoy the view.

Im using a camera truck for lift-off.

screenshot76.png

Here is the craft-file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6228295/CamTruck.craft (needs MechJeb, Damned Robotics and Carts).

There no other way, besides with an other craft.

Build a movable camera with a cart or truck. Launch that first. Just drive it to about 1 000 - 1 500m distance. Make sure you have a good view of the launchtower. Press escape and go back to the Space center. (DO NOT PRESS END FLIGHT!).

Build your rocket and launch it. Before really launching it, press F7 or F8 until you see the view from the movable camera. Now press the spacebar to launch your rocket and enjoy the view.

Ok, thanks for detailed answers. :)

this plugin needs to find a way to make a recording of each camera at the same time, regardless of what camera is currently selected. i\'ve had awesome fun with this one!

KSP has enough trouble rendering one scene at a decent frame-rate, let alone a TV studio of them....!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.