[0.19] Multiversal Mechatronics - Fixed Camera - 1.3

r4m0n

Hey r4m0n...? BEST! MOD! EVARRR!!!! :D [DOUBLE THUMBS-UP]

One request: Is there any way to get a label showing up when you switch cams, telling you which cam is active? At present I\'m wasting valuable seconds hitting F7 repeatedly, thinking 'is that the one on the booster, or the on the main body, or...?'

A suitable labelling scheme would be to show the stage number that the cam\'s part of, followed by the type of part it\'s attached to (maybe indicated by the same icons used in the staging system?), and then its orientation (either in simple terms such as forward/aft/left/right/up/down, or as polar coordinates with respect to the body of the craft.)

you need to use the MechJeb.dll file that is given to you with this addon, as well as having the MechJeb part on the rocket if I\'m correct.

No need to have the MechJeb part on the rocket, it will work without it.

Yes, I have the MuMechLib.dll installed. Still nothing.

Are you putting the cameras around your ship\'s hull? Does F8 do anything?

Also, where exactly did you place MuMechLib.dll?

C:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_win\Plugins

And yes there on the haul... heck I\'ve tried them everywhere

Edit: I feel like a doop, i switched out the dll for the one from this and it works... Sad part is i been trying to get it to work for about a week before i tried this.

C:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_win\Plugins

And yes there on the haul... heck I\'ve tried them everywhere

Edit: I feel like a doop, i switched out the dll for the one from this and it works... Sad part is i been trying to get it to work for about a week before i tried this.

If you\'re installing other plugins like POWERTECH or the Dynasat packs, the version of the .dll they use might not be compatable. That\'s what I seem to be experiencing.

e: wat. Everything works now. I don\'t get it.

I noticed that in persistent.sfs, 'cameraFoV =' is stored with the camera part configuration.

So i created another hullcam with a smaller FOV (higher magnification) by editing the cfg, and that works.

Then i figured i should mod probekit_Telescope to be a proper telescope; a camera with very high magnification.

That sort of works, but i found that high magnification does not magnify a planet/moon unless the cam is close to it.

For instance a cam with FOV 4 in orbit around Minmun does not show Kerbin any larger than a cam with default FOV 60. That same cam does however show the surface of Minmus much enlarged.

(btw ignore my previous remark about mumechlib 1.8.4.1 messing things up; i had messed up my KSP installation)

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the awesome mod. Haven\'t touched the planes for the past couple of weeks until today, configured my joystick for the game and set this mod up for cockpit views, has greatly enhanced the experience and enjoyment of flying these craft. Thanks again!

Just gave this a spin. Aside from the awesome visuals and potential awesome picture taking, this is also a really neat way to examine the structure of vehicles under load. I knew my main rocket had a wobble, but its something else to have a few cameras up close, fixed to some of these parts, looking at your entire rocket sway and shake. It would be very neat though if there was some ability to swivel the cameras, to get some better angles.

I think I might go get myself some robotic arms, so that my rocket can do a sort of safety inspection.

Oh, and a cool thing I am enjoying is having cameras on lower stages, so that you can get a totally new vantage point not just watching your pieces fall off, but watching your rocket fly away. I also managed a particularly spectacular one where I let my boosters ram my rocket at low speed, and ended up with 5 cameras on 4 different pieces/groups of debris.

First of all, let me say that this is pretty much the best plugin ever. I knew that such a thing must be possible, but since I have no experience with unity or c#, making it happen on my own was going to be an uphill climb, but I was starting to think that I might just have to figure out how to make it happen. Thanks for doing it so I didn\'t have to. Now, if somebody would just put together something that piped the camera\'s frames to an external stream, we could have dual-monitor goodness.

Also, I must say that this solves the problem of lack of a chase camera quite nicely. I just modified the cameraPosition field in the cfg file, stuck one at the back of a plane and oh. my. god! Paired with a 'factory settings' hullcam for a cockpit view, and flying planes just became about 1000% more fun.

Thank you again!

Is there any way of using the cameras that is more than 2.5 km\'s away from the main craft? I want to track my rocket\'s ascent both from the ground and from the orbit.

Just focus on the debris that the camera is attached to, and you can f7 to the camera view just like before

Now all we need is a mission control so that we can beam back camera footage of the insides of the KSS (kerbal space station...sorry had to do it) and if the game mechanice will allow if, high magnification telescopes. I think it would ba a good idea when campain mode is enabled that you have to launch a telescope and designate where you want to land on celestial bodys from either telescope info or sending probes to further out plannets

For those of us Flight Simmers out there, the ability to pan the camera in flight would be pretty cool. Why? TrackIR support. You game for that?

Imagine doing an EVA with a camera strapped to the top of a Kerbal\'s helmet, using TrackIR. How cool would that be.

Would sell off a future child to have picture-in-picture capability. You game, r4m0n?

I think the usual deal is with the firstborn, but we can haggle on that ;P

Quite a few people have requested that already, and as Romfarer has managed to tame the camera, I\'ll try to add this as well.

Can\'t guarantee performance though, as each camera will have to render the whole scene again. Either way, it will be optional, so if your computer can handle it, you can have your control center :D

I noticed that in persistent.sfs, 'cameraFoV =' is stored with the camera part configuration.

So i created another hullcam with a smaller FOV (higher magnification) by editing the cfg, and that works.

Then i figured i should mod probekit_Telescope to be a proper telescope; a camera with very high magnification.

That sort of works, but i found that high magnification does not magnify a planet/moon unless the cam is close to it.

For instance a cam with FOV 4 in orbit around Minmun does not show Kerbin any larger than a cam with default FOV 60. That same cam does however show the surface of Minmus much enlarged.

(btw ignore my previous remark about mumechlib 1.8.4.1 messing things up; i had messed up my KSP installation)

Could you upload the modded telescope .cfg? Also, does editing cameraFOV work on a per-camera basis, or change all of them?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.