[0.19] Multiversal Mechatronics - Fixed Camera - 1.3

r4m0n

Three questions:

Did you add a camera on the ship?

Did you use the dll supplied by the camera mod (it is different from the 'normal' MuMech dll)?

Did you alter the cfg from the command pod?

First of all, the mod consists of a dll and a camera part. The dll is version 1.8.4.1. If any mod which uses the mumech dll is added after the camera mod, it could well be that the dll is overwritten by version 1.8.4.0. The camera won\'t work with that version. The dll has to be added to the plugins directory, the part to the parts directory of KSP. (Use JSGME if possible).

Altering the cfg in the way described in a previous post in this thread will add a command pod camera, without you having to add the camera part. If you want a view from another point of the rocket, you\'ll have to stick a camera (part) to that point. You\'ll have to rotate that camera to get the view you want. Pay attention that the lens in not IN the rocket itself.

Hope this helps.

I appreciate the effort, but still no dice. I\'ll keep digging...

Forgive me, I\'m new to plug-ins and want to make sure I\'m doing this right:

I paste the MuMechLib.dll in my KSP Plug-ins folder.

I paste the mumech_hullcam folder in my KSP Parts folder.

Is that correct?? Sorry for beeing a noob. =P

That looks alright. Does the cam not work?

(stick a cam on your rocket and press F7 F8)

That looks alright. Does the cam not work?

(stick a cam on your rocket and press F7 F8)

No, actually I haven\'t installed it yet. I wanted to make sure I was going to do it right before hand so I didn\'t have the game lock up. I installed the PowerSat and it was working - kinda - then kept the game from loading the next time I loaded it. Didn\'t want to make the same mistake again, haha.

Thank you!

Mount the camera on a Damned Robotics rotatron. One of C7\'s old hardpoints might help in between. I\'ve done this and it works to make a functional panning camera. Automated tracking would take a different approach. I\'ll try a few things

I\'m still having issues automating the panning. I did find this, however

https://github.com/byBrick/Unity-TrackIR-Plugin

Just a note that currently the origin point of the cameras is in the aircraft cockpits, right now they\'re inside the cockpit and behind the nosecone :)

Oh, I think the rescaling messed them up, I\'ll rework the positions...

I tried to set up a launch camera 500 meters away from the pad last night, and for some reason it wasn\'t working. Not sure if it was Fixed Camera, Carts, Damned Robotics, my brain, or something else that was at fault.

I put a camera on some Damned Robotics parts in a truck. 'Launched' the truck, drove it 500m from the pad, oriented the robot arm to frame the picture, then exited to the tracking center and rolled a rocket out to the pad.

Hitting F7 to switch camera views took me to the truck cam...which was now somehow pointed in the wrong direction. So I hit the bracket key to switch to controlling the truck, re-oriented the arm, switched back to controlling the rocket, hit F7 again...and the camera was again pointing in the (same) wrong direction.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

hello r4m0n

i'm using Romfarer's mod ''Romfarer Lazor System'' and Multiversal Mechatronics - Fixed Camera - 1.1.. so when i see romfarer's mod theres a target cam wich adds filters to that cam so do you think we can manage to add these filters to fixed cams? maybe we can create new cameras with thah way? i alrdy created Wide angle and narrow angel cameras based on NovaSilisko's Probodobodyne DIY Kit Cameras and this fixed camera mod... only missing thing is filters alrdy asked to Romfarer (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9923-PLUGIN-PARTS-0-16-Romfarer-Lazor-System/page39)... i think i should ask to you also...

i wanna make mini mod wich is simulate Imaging Science Subsystem (iss) with combinening these

Edited by ashrutoraman

This is a great mod, its great the things you can do with those cameras.

I only wish the cameras where some how smaller since they really stick out when taking pictures of the craft.

But over all this is a must have mod.

I love the mod and used it on a mission, but when I went to end the mission it wouldn't end. I'd push the button and it would resume game. Didn't happen until I used the mod so it must be something with the cameras. I had to restart KSP to end it.

Edit: Happened again, I can't end missions when the pod splashed down (landed and in space is fine)

Edited by Pingonaut

Can I just say; THANKS for this Mod!!

It works really well and is perfect when it comes to making vids of our creations, I've only done one quite silly thing with it so far, but more is to come.

I really expected this mod to add lag, I was wrong. Even a complex rocket does not get any more laggy after adding a load of cameras to it ( I really expected it to). This joins my "core mod pack" along with mechjeb and damned robotics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.