[0.19] Multiversal Mechatronics - Fixed Camera - 1.3

r4m0n

Would sell off a future child to have picture-in-picture capability. You game, r4m0n?

I attempted this a long while back, and got it to a semi-working state but never could figure out how to get all the cameras to work, something that r4m0n has managed. Our powers combined...

Could you upload the modded telescope .cfg? Also, does editing cameraFOV work on a per-camera basis, or change all of them?

It works per-camera

In a copy of the probekit_Telescope cfg i changed:

name = mumech_telescopecam

and added to the end of the cfg:

MODULE

{

name = MuMechModuleHullCamera

cameraName = Hull

cameraForward = 0, 0, -1

cameraUp = 0, 1, 0

cameraPosition = 0, 0.05, -0.07

cameraFoV = 10

}

change cameraFoV for different zoom

It works per-camera

In a copy of the probekit_Telescope cfg i changed:

name = mumech_telescopecam

and added to the end of the cfg:

MODULE

{

cameraName = Hull

cameraForward = 0, 0, -1

cameraUp = 0, 1, 0

cameraPosition = 0, 0.05, -0.07

cameraFoV = 10

}

change cameraFoV for different zoom

Unless I\'m using a different probekit telescope than you, your camera coordinates are wrong, and makes it point to the side.

Changed stuff to

MODULE
{
cameraName = Hull
cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
cameraUp = 0, 1, 0
cameraPosition = 0, 0.37, 0
cameraFoV = 10
}

to make it point the right way and such.

Unless I\'m using a different probekit telescope than you, your camera coordinates are wrong, and makes it point to the side.

That may be the case, as the probekit i use is an oldish version.

I think the usual deal is with the firstborn, but we can haggle on that ;P

So many buyers, so few firstborns... (Dear future firstborn: what makes you think you\'re so much cooler than picture-in-picture? Have you seen what it can do?)

Quite a few people have requested that already, and as Romfarer has managed to tame the camera, I\'ll try to add this as well.

Can\'t guarantee performance though, as each camera will have to render the whole scene again. Either way, it will be optional, so if your computer can handle it, you can have your control center :D

My limited knowledge of Unity says this will be very single-threaded. Any chance I\'m wrong?

My limited knowledge of Unity says this will be very single-threaded. Any chance I\'m wrong?

That is correct. Unity uses a separate thread for rendering the camera AFAIK, but all the cameras will run on that same thread.

Most of the processing time on KSP is due to physics, though, so most people with a reasonable video card will probably be able to have a few cameras open at once.

That is correct. Unity uses a separate thread for rendering the camera AFAIK, but all the cameras will run on that same thread.

Most of the processing time on KSP is due to physics, though, so most people with a reasonable video card will probably be able to have a few cameras open at once.

Can we tell Unity to render the PIP camera at a lower (appropriate) resolution? There\'s no avoiding rendering the pixels underneath (though you could possibly cull out geometry by sticking a polygon over that area).

Graphics noob trying to make some useful suggestions—ignore me if they aren\'t. :)

You have to use the mechjeb in the Download to make it work. Also make sure u put cameras on it.

I had to read this a few times that the mechjeb in the download wasn\'t the same thing as the mechjeb I already had installed. Thanks!

For those of us Flight Simmers out there, the ability to pan the camera in flight would be pretty cool. Why? TrackIR support. You game for that?

Imagine doing an EVA with a camera strapped to the top of a Kerbal\'s helmet, using TrackIR. How cool would that be.

Mount the camera on a Damned Robotics rotatron. One of C7\'s old hardpoints might help in between. I\'ve done this and it works to make a functional panning camera. Automated tracking would take a different approach. I\'ll try a few things

I cant beleive it...I really cant beleive it lmao!!

Im a pretty decent video editor and i have been waiting for for kerbal to do this so i can get started on cinematic movies...FINALLY

*Raises fist* Me too brotha

Hey Ladies & Gents,

I think I am retarded because I can\'t get this plugin to work, no matter how desperately I want it to. F7... F8... 'C'... Replaced the stock cockpits... Any tips and/or tricks?

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Hey Ladies & Gents,

I think I am retarded because I can\'t get this plugin to work, no matter how desperately I want it to. F7... F8... 'C'... Replaced the stock cockpits... Any tips and/or tricks?

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Three questions:

Did you add a camera on the ship?

Did you use the dll supplied by the camera mod (it is different from the 'normal' MuMech dll)?

Did you alter the cfg from the command pod?

First of all, the mod consists of a dll and a camera part. The dll is version 1.8.4.1. If any mod which uses the mumech dll is added after the camera mod, it could well be that the dll is overwritten by version 1.8.4.0. The camera won\'t work with that version. The dll has to be added to the plugins directory, the part to the parts directory of KSP. (Use JSGME if possible).

Altering the cfg in the way described in a previous post in this thread will add a command pod camera, without you having to add the camera part. If you want a view from another point of the rocket, you\'ll have to stick a camera (part) to that point. You\'ll have to rotate that camera to get the view you want. Pay attention that the lens in not IN the rocket itself.

Hope this helps.

This might be a daft/rude question, but

Some of my favourite ships have modded command modules. How do i get them to have a built in camera like the updated mk1 2 3 etc? I know i could just slap a camera on the side of it, but it would be more settling to my OC brain to have it just work without that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.