Dodge Charger R/T 1969 v4.0

Azimech

9 hours ago, Azimech said:

They do, one of the reasons I use them :-)

Oh ok so it's a design decision my bad x)

I must say It handles pretty good, I didnt think the new aero would allow this kinda thing without glitching out. Not poodleing, there is a bit too mutch lift at high speed when you jump then the car essentially hovers lol but still, overall nice craft. 

I had a go and I must say it was an absolute blast to drive!

The jet assist was nuts and made jumping super good fun. The shape too is excellent man, it's not an easy shape to recreate, kudos!

Whilst looking at it in the VAB my OCD took over and I cleaned it up a tiny bit... :blush:

I used my double end movable strut trick to hide the two strut ends that made up the windscreen side frame.

5B0DACD3F982605713676783F097342CD51366DD

I also moved a few parts around to remove a few very minor z-fighting and overlaps, if you are interested in this version at all let me know man. I don't mean to step on your toes but I can't help myself..

Anyway, awesome work dude! It's a great fun craft. :)

Edited by Majorjim!

13 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

I had a go and I must say it was an absolute blast to drive!

The jet assist was nuts and made jumping super good fun. The shape too is excellent man, it's not an easy shape to recreate, kudos!

Whilst looking at it in the VAB my OCD took over and I cleaned it up a tiny bit... :blush:

I used my special double end movable strut trick to hide the two strut ends that made up the windscreen side frame.

5B0DACD3F982605713676783F097342CD51366DD

I also moved a few parts around to remove a few very minor z-fighting and overlaps, if you are interested in this version at all let me know man. I don't mean to step on your toes but I can't help myself..

Anyway, awesome work dude! It's a great fun craft. :)

Hey thanks! Yes I'm interested in your version :-)

I've been busy too, learning how to make long powerslides with it. The cop car isn't nearly as good yet.

Here's something I'm busy with, creating a short movie. This is the storyboard.

Jeb and Bob are having way too much fun with the cars from the museum.

oWll5PP.png

So Valentina is on her way to get the cars back.

kFdac7B.png

Bob, stops immediately. Jeb ... not really.

BnSr48e.png

And he's toying with her ... and she actually likes it.

eN9sK4O.png

Valentina is terrible at driving the cop car and Jeb knows it.

LG76q7Y.png

But eventually he becomes cocky.

u90eLjR.png

Oops, was that a wrong turn, Jeb?

TLncfcX.png

Playtime is over Jeb, time to go home.

McbAeCw.png

By the way, scatterer and the evening desert is incredibly pretty. Check it out guys!

Just now, Azimech said:

Hey thanks!

A pleasure dude, I look forward to seeing the video too! I remember one you made a while back with a sound mod? Doppler effect or some such cool thing.

I will send the one I toyed with tomorrow via PM.

Just now, Majorjim! said:

A pleasure dude, I look forward to seeing the video too! I remember one you made a while back with a sound mod? Doppler effect or some such cool thing.

I will send the one I toyed with tomorrow via PM.

Yes, camera tools and rover wheel sounds. Plus my own sirens mod. But they haven't been updated yet. Tedious work but I'm going to record the sounds in 1.0.5 ... after I've found a good sample of the General Lee and a generic 440.

iuz7vdH.png

Jk2WZ1r.png

RXjWqTb.png

Changelog version 2.1:

• Reduced part count from 163 to 145 (note, this is after decoupling MK1 capsule).
  • Reduced mass from 11.733 kg to 10.133 kg (again, after decoupling capsule).
  • Cleaned up the exteriour a lot (thanks to @Majorjim! to motivate me to do what I needed to do a long time ago). It's not perfect and always a compromise. Yes, I can do some more (stay tuned for 2.2!).
  • Added brake lights.
  • New top speed: almost 77m/s.

Hey, please test this one ... I'm on my laptop at my gf place, this one is unable to test the car the way I want it. Specifically the jumping. If you can, test with terrain at high detail, slide the ore tanks to find the best position.

Or ...

Just don't give a shuut and wait until I optimize it myself :-P

Changelog version 2.2:

• Reduced part count from 145 to 142.
  • Reduced mass from 10,133 kg to 9,953 kg.
  • Reduced battery capacity from 800 to 400 (it's only used for assisting acceleration anyway).
  • Moved ballast mass forward.
  • Moved the chairs forward.
  • Changed brake balance, now it's 80 front, 20 rear.
  • Made the suspension a lot softer, especially the rear.
  • Changed a lot of friction values. It's more stable at high speed, more unstable at low.
  • Reduced Z-fighting.
  • Made the other strut ends invisible too.
  • Some more streamlining. New top speed: 84m/s.
  • Changed CoM/CoL ... now it has a tendency to nose down a bit. No more unwanted airplane behaviour!
  • Reduced Boost Flap response time: Was 1.2s, now 0.1!
Edited by Azimech

• 1 month later...

Hi got to say this is my all;l time favourite craft download,  and i use it a little too much :)  

Decided to give the Dakar a go at least a stage or two, and considering it's no off roader the time for stage one was pretty good i reckon, probably a touch slow after the poor landing off the ridge in the background

i'll be downloading the updated version for sure

bvUHZn1.png

1 minute ago, Azimech said:

Wow! 12 Minutes! That must've been some intense driving!

I tried to convert it into a successful rally car but ultimately wasn't convinced. It's really much better on a track.

Yes there was quite a lot of praying involved :)   tried some minor mods myself and rapidly discovered that messing with a car built from ctrl surfaces when you have no clue is inviting disaster, it went from fairly predictable to" omg 'am gonna die " pretty quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, still enjoying the charger immensely, and of all today's screenies  this one I think is the coolest (it's a static btw not real)

vFMv4x5.png

Nice picture! This is the 2.4, I wonder what you'll think of the 3.0 ;-)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Now available as a separate craft: the Charger Daytona.

C1cRArA.png

Charger has undergone a diet with lots of body panels replaced with lighter ones. The interiour is mostly gone. Also added two Juno's and four wheels, widened the track en lowered ride height, increased grip etc. Wheels have a camber of 2 deg.

kTZ9hNd.png

Top speed: 122m/s.
Max acceleration: 1.9G.
Max braking: 2.3G.
Max G in corners: 7.8.

pqEvtM7.png

Empty weight decreased from 7.995t to 7.042t.
TWR increased from 1.007 to 1.713 (5% fuel).

Obviously since this is an old design and quite heavy, it won't compete with my newer designs. It's fun to drive though.

Download link

Edited by Azimech

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.