SpaceX Autonomous SpacePort Drone Ship (ASDS) [1.2.X]

sciencepanda

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't seem to want to move, just rotate. I'm not sure if this is an issue because I'm an idiot or if the mod isn't agreeing with the current version. I don't know though, I'm still going to use it though because I created my own self-landing rocket and I need to land it somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grzewik said:

is there a version for ksp 1.3?

It should work as is. I do have an update in the works, but the update required a remodel of the ship, which then requires new textures. I’m terrible at textures, so that responsibility has been handed off to a friend of mine who has far more talent than I do. Unfortunately, real life tends to get in the way. Thus is why all of my mods have been more or less on pause.

On 2.3.2018 at 3:07 AM, EmmaJB said:

It doesn't seem to want to move, just rotate. I'm not sure if this is an issue because I'm an idiot or if the mod isn't agreeing with the current version. I don't know though, I'm still going to use it though because I created my own self-landing rocket and I need to land it somewhere

For me, it can't move (but rotate) as soon as it's in the water. I launched it from the runway using the ridiculously powerful rcs thrusters. It can't go up or down, though, so I have to fly it like a plane. But as soon as I'm landing on the ocean, it can't move anymore. The propellers don't seem to do anything.

12 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

For me, it can't move (but rotate) as soon as it's in the water. I launched it from the runway using the ridiculously powerful rcs thrusters. It can't go up or down, though, so I have to fly it like a plane. But as soon as I'm landing on the ocean, it can't move anymore. The propellers don't seem to do anything.

The propellers are more for show than anything else. Use the RCS to move through the water. I made them ridiculously powerful so they could be used in water (water resitrcts motion a lot more than air).

On 18.3.2018 at 5:38 PM, sciencepanda said:

The propellers are more for show than anything else. Use the RCS to move through the water. I made them ridiculously powerful so they could be used in water (water resitrcts motion a lot more than air).

As soon as it touches the water, I can't move it anymore :( Rotating still works. Also, steering is reversed, as well as the RCS animations - they're firing retrograde, but still push you forward.

I'll attach some engines to it, since that allows you to timewarp... And I don't recommend using it in career mode, since it inevitably seems to crush my runway :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

i know this thread is long since dead, but i was more than a little curious if the mod author ever planned to update the model to something a little more high res and tweakscale compatible. the current state is pretty out of focus looking, and is much too large for use with mods like tundra exploration. 

if anyone has news about an in the works update or where i can find an updated version that i havent already found, and manages to see this, please do let me know

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Outsoldier said:

anyone know how to get it into the water?

or

Supposedly, coming release of KSP 1.9.0 will have some sort of "cheat-craft-into-orbit" function, similar to HyperEdit...
No idea if it will only work for placing crafts *in orbit*... or if it might work for things on plannertary surface(s), too... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/15/2017 at 12:26 PM, sciencepanda said:

Did someone say Robot?

Zaz6u7Q.png

Just need some textures and she should be good to go

even if we didnt get the octagrabber, the garage would be a god send. just built my own octagrabber and need to figure out how the hell its going to fit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.