THE single most aggravating thing in KSP for me is...

wossname

First stage parachute. Facepalm.

The VAB tells me when I have unused monoprop, or when I forgot to add a ladder. But for some reason it's useful to have an SRB firing directly into an unfurling chute 4 feet above the launchpad.

*cries of despair ensue for several minutes longer than comfortable*

Builds marvel of technology rocket with perfect specs to complete the mission, forgets to include decoupler between 3rd stage fuel tank and heat shield. Discovers omission at 70,000 meters on the way home.

Having only ten contracts to choose from, some of which are plainly impossible or want me to do utterly uninteresting or flatly stupid things. For that matter, having to complete contracts for money.

For me it's: Build base with antenna, transmit one science experiment, antenna forever stuck as undeployable.

That is pretty annoying for me too since I build my satellites and stations for aesthetic appeal as much as functionality.

- - - Updated - - -

Having only ten contracts to choose from, some of which are plainly impossible or want me to do utterly uninteresting or flatly stupid things. For that matter, having to complete contracts for money.

Oh yeah the Unlimited = 10 is a good one also.

Oh yeah the Unlimited = 10 is a good one also.
Clicking "X" until I get a contract that is even remotely fun or playable is totally "unlimited". It's also a hell of a lot of fun with a clunky and laggy UI.

Not sure if you're agreeing with me... >_>

I think it has to be the wierd bug where some part of my spaceplane will "crash" into the runway, or the launch pad for that matter, during the last phase of landing, even though there's no contact what so ever. Even had it happen once in orbit as I was passing over the KSC at 75km. I've been really close to fly off the handle because of this before, like when there were a long series of poofs and bangs as I'm still 10m above the runway, and once I could see my craft, it had lost more than half of it's wings.

For me it's: Build base with antenna, transmit one science experiment, antenna forever stuck as undeployable.

This also bugs me a whole lot, but it can be mitigated with action groups. Remembering to set them before you leave is a completely different matter though.

When you've landed on a planet/moon, collected the science using the RCS backpack and slightly nudge the solar panel and it splinters into a bazillion pieces.

You can just F9 back to before you collected all the science but its very, VERY annoying that the solar panels are so brittle.

The festering pile of dung that Squad call a thermal system. The other day I finally found it can be turned off in the debug menu under Physics, I so could have done with learning that months ago.

90% of my opinion on 1.0.5 will depend on whether or not Squad fix it.

A close second, the abysmal, slow-as-molasses performance in 1.0.x compared to 0.90. The remaining 10% of my opinion on 1.0.5 will depend on if that improves.

Everything else is either my own fault (eg not fixing silly staging defaults) or can be avoided (eg career being naff, I just play science mode now).

I think it has to be the wierd bug where some part of my spaceplane will "crash" into the runway, or the launch pad for that matter, during the last phase of landing, even though there's no contact what so ever. Even had it happen once in orbit as I was passing over the KSC at 75km. I've been really close to fly off the handle because of this before, like when there were a long series of poofs and bangs as I'm still 10m above the runway, and once I could see my craft, it had lost more than half of it's wings.

I'm trying to work out if that's the same bug as the exploding runway I get a fair bit - I've taken to launching/recovering/relaunching after first load, but that doesn't really help when the first thing you do is *land*.

Single most aggravating thing for me has to be the asset loader.

Performance.

Yep, load times, game start times are still bad in 1.0, and none of our highest detail crafts can fly without being a slideshow... (Voyager craft flew at 10% real time). Not to mention the fact that OSX 64 bit isn't planned...

Edited by SaturnianBlue

*snip A close second, the abysmal, slow-as-molasses performance in 1.0.x compared to 0.90. snip*

This is my entire problem with it right now (and I include the thermal stuff into that too as a big cause of the poor performance).

I've actually stopped playing KSP since the last release because of the performance, I just feel too restricted by the low part-counts that are possible now. 300 parts and it gets v laggy. Makes me very sad.

What are these performance issues you refer to?

I have a PC I built myself. Cost me $270. It runs KSP 60 FPS Max Settings.

What sort of part counts and how many inflight craft are you working with?

The festering pile of dung that Squad call a thermal system. The other day I finally found it can be turned off in the debug menu under Physics, I so could have done with learning that months ago.

90% of my opinion on 1.0.5 will depend on whether or not Squad fix it.

A close second, the abysmal, slow-as-molasses performance in 1.0.x compared to 0.90. The remaining 10% of my opinion on 1.0.5 will depend on if that improves.

Everything else is either my own fault (eg not fixing silly staging defaults) or can be avoided (eg career being naff, I just play science mode now).

I believe that 1.0.5 will bring thermal fixes and 1.1 will improve performance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.