Avera9e's Visual Ultimatum - 76 non-part mods to enhance stock visual sound and veteran career gameplay.

HafCoJoe

Hmmm, I had several problems with what you wrote but I have been modding ksp for like 2 years so I can understand how to do it even if you didn't write it perfectly. I think for noobs and stuff writing it clearly and concisely is super important and helps with tons of confusion later on down the road. I was really just trying to do your instructions verbatim and not use my brain xD But I did have to (Oh no, what a problem -sarcasm-)

But seriously, I think there are a few mods in your list that could be grouped up together and added to an "optional" section, but it's your modpack, so I don't wanna tell you how to run it. Things like "Highlighter off" "SPPC" "Rasterpropmoniter" Could all easily be migrated to an optional section, And stock clamshell fairings isn't nessecarily a visual mod? Though I guess it is personally i'd move it to gameplay. You did better work than I could of these are just suggestions. Either way i'll be back to comment on stability. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Epic mod confirmed. 6FtBbKt.jpg

Hmmm, I had several problems with what you wrote but I have been modding ksp for like 2 years so I can understand how to do it even if you didn't write it perfectly. I think for noobs and stuff writing it clearly and concisely is super important and helps with tons of confusion later on down the road. I was really just trying to do your instructions verbatim and not use my brain xD But I did have to (Oh no, what a problem -sarcasm-)

But seriously, I think there are a few mods in your list that could be grouped up together and added to an "optional" section, but it's your modpack, so I don't wanna tell you how to run it. Things like "Highlighter off" "SPPC" "Rasterpropmoniter" Could all easily be migrated to an optional section, And stock clamshell fairings isn't nessecarily a visual mod? Though I guess it is personally i'd move it to gameplay. You did better work than I could of these are just suggestions. Either way i'll be back to comment on stability. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Epic mod confirmed. http://i.imgur.com/6FtBbKt.jpg

Woo!!!!! :D

Suggestion: WASDEditorcam.

I would suggest WASDEditorCameraContinued instead, it fixes a few bugs

I've made a CKAN for you with all the mods that are present, and have a list of the mods which aren't in CKAN at this time.

Might I suggest some of the following, as well:

Automated Screenshots and Saves

Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts

TotalTime

and yes, I wrote these, but feel they would fit in with what you listed.

anyway, here is a link to a zip file with a CKAN of the mods, along with a text file containing a list of those which need to be manually installed:

The only change I made to your list was to replace the WASDEditorCamera with WASDEditorCameraContinued, which fixes some bugs and adds a GUI:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzid7e3pW1k7aUJhS3dSVWt5c1E/view?usp=sharing

I would suggest WASDEditorCameraContinued instead, it fixes a few bugs

I've made a CKAN for you with all the mods that are present, and have a list of the mods which aren't in CKAN at this time.

Might I suggest some of the following, as well:

Automated Screenshots and Saves

Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts

TotalTime

and yes, I wrote these, but feel they would fit in with what you listed.

anyway, here is a link to a zip file with a CKAN of the mods, along with a text file containing a list of those which need to be manually installed:

The only change I made to your list was to replace the WASDEditorCamera with WASDEditorCameraContinued, which fixes some bugs and adds a GUI:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzid7e3pW1k7aUJhS3dSVWt5c1E/view?usp=sharing

Aahhhh that's what it does. My main question for WASDEditorCameraContinued is, is it actually the continuation of the mod, or a co-competing iteration?

Aahhhh that's what it does. My main question for WASDEditorCameraContinued is, is it actually the continuation of the mod, or a co-competing iteration?

It's a continuation of the original mod

In CKAN, it is listed as conflicting with the original, so that both won't be installed at the same time.

Hey i'm back. Stability is great. I think I only had 2 crashes and I really can't even blame the mod packs been playing all day lol. uhm, suggestion for mods KJR is like nessecary.

Great to hear it's fairly stable! Sorry though, but I don't plan on adding any joint reinforcement mods. A goal of this mod set is to be able to revert all craft back to a stock install and still have everything work. KJR or any other joint reinforcement mods go against that. Also IMO it takes away a good portion of the challenge in building great stock craft. It can be done though. Haven't ever used joint reinforcement and I don't plan on :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Maybe then include KJR, with a config file to only enable the gradual physics enabling while disabling all the other features?

Also psst, I think you missed my previous post with a few other physics-improving and UI improving mods. :)

I just discovered "RKE On-screen Joystick (and Fine Keyboard Controls)" and fell in love with it after just one flight. KSP's stock keyboard controls are all or nothing, making fine adjustments difficult. with the OCJ, maneuvers are no longer prone to a lot of desperate tapping resulting in ocillations. It supports Pitch/yaw and pitch/roll analog onscreen controls, as well as having an option to make holding a control key gradually scale up to 100% (or your preferred maximum) over a specific amount of time. I don't think I'll ever fly another ship without it (or a real joystick).

Persistent thrust: Allows thrust during high time warps. It's physicsless, don't worry about it breaking ships. You can now get to Jool with just ion engines without needing to go watch a movie while waiting HOURS for the maneuvers to complete. Never again.

Persistent rotation: Spin isn't removed during warps or ship switching or game loading (Again, physicsless spin, your CPU won't melt at 100,000x). With SAS, you can lock an orbiting ship to any valid target to use as a reference frame, so a still ship can stay pointing at kerbin/kerbol/The KSS.

EVAfuel: EVA thrusters now use the monopropellant that every command pod has anyway. An intended stock feature that was scrapped for fun, but we're masochists right? Automatically fills up and dumps fuel back into a ship on exit and entry, and also happens to make the EVA jets slightly less effective the EVAfuel now has mass.

Maybe then include KJR, with a config file to only enable the gradual physics enabling while disabling all the other features?

Also psst, I think you missed my previous post with a few other physics-improving and UI improving mods. :)

I did miss it! Thanks for the note. All three of those are great. I'll add them soon.

EDIT: It appears as though EVAfuel is outdated. Is this true or does it still work in v1.0.4?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Great to hear it's fairly stable! Sorry though, but I don't plan on adding any joint reinforcement mods. A goal of this mod set is to be able to revert all craft back to a stock install and still have everything work. KJR or any other joint reinforcement mods go against that. Also IMO it takes away a good portion of the challenge in building great stock craft. It can be done though. Haven't ever used joint reinforcement and I don't plan on :)

While your points are 100% let me offer a counter arguement. Real life rockets are aren't made out of cylnders stacked ontop of each other. I mean they are but they're welded together. Oh well. <3 <3 Keep up the good work.

Avg, I don't know how much do planes, but if you do Improved Chase Cam and NavUtilities are what I would call essential. (Before it's asked, no Improved Chase Cam and the new Stock Chase Cam are not quite the same thing)

Also, don't know if you are interested (I really don't promote these much) but my mods are partless, or rather they just modify parts like CoolRockets.

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

Avg, I don't know how much do planes, but if you do Improved Chase Cam and NavUtilities are what I would call essential. (Before it's asked, no Improved Chase Cam and the new Stock Chase Cam are not quite the same thing)

Also, don't know if you are interested (I really don't promote these much) but my mods are partless, or rather they just modify parts like CoolRockets.

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/170/Bright%20Utilitarian%20Luminescent%20Beacon%20%28BULB%29

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1046/ToggleFuelCells

All great suggestions. I'm not going to include NavUtilities though, sorry. I'm shy to extra pop-up windows needed open in flight. I'm adding both of your mods and Improved Chase Cam though. - It's a fun mod indeed :).

All great suggestions. I'm not going to include NavUtilities though, sorry. I'm shy to extra pop-up windows needed open in flight. I'm adding both of your mods and Improved Chase Cam though. - It's a fun mod indeed :).

Cool. But just so you know, NavUtilities is originally an RPM mod (which is on your list). The popup window was just added for those who don't use it. Just thought I'd mention that, but it's your list :)

Just letting you know Avg, EVAFuel's link and description is that of TotalTime. :P

Fixed. ty

Cool. But just so you know, NavUtilities is originally an RPM mod (which is on your list). The popup window was just added for those who don't use it. Just thought I'd mention that, but it's your list :)

Hm... I only took a quick pass over navutilities on first glance. I'll add it in that case.

RE: Endraxial planet conversions

Where do you extract it too? There is no folder structure in the zip or readme. (There is only a Default folder with the dds files)

Do you put in in the TextureReplacer/Default folder?

Thanks

Yep! TextureReplacer/Default is the place to put them.

• 2 weeks later...
Just because it was ignored the first time. Why no Camera tools?

Hm... I didn't include Camera Tools because I don't personally use them. I find I can get more varied shots with Kerbcam. I should add it though as many other people have great reviews on it. :)

Hm... I didn't include Camera Tools because I don't personally use them. I find I can get more varied shots with Kerbcam. I should add it though as many other people have great reviews on it. :)

Thanks for the reply! Hmm ok, I have not used Kerbcam, is it static cameras? I think they both have their use, if that is indeed the case.

Thanks for the reply! Hmm ok, I have not used Kerbcam, is it static cameras? I think they both have their use, if that is indeed the case.

Kerbcam lets you set the position of the camera relative to a nearby craft (or active vessel) and then add a timeline of where the camera moves and when. It's what let me do shots like

and this. I love it sooooo much :3

Kerbcam lets you set the position of the camera relative to a nearby craft (or active vessel) and then add a timeline of where the camera moves and when. It's what let me do shots like
and this. I love it sooooo much :3

Ok I see. Nice vid dude, I subscribed to your channel. It seems similar to camera tools, I will give it a go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.