Kerbal Space Center Camera stuck when loading save

I've been having this issue for a long time, and it seriously bothers me:

Bug:

When I load a save, and as it loads, I click away from the program, and when it loads, it's stuck like this:

3Zs3Ghk.png

The only way it can be prevented is not clicking away when it loads, which is seriously bothering as it takes a very long time in my case.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open KSP.

2. Start Game.

3. Go to "Resume Saved", and click on any save file there.

4. When it loads, click away to any program.

5. It will appear locked up.

System Specifications:

Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.87 GB usable)

System type: 64-Bit Operating System

I have verified that it happens on completely stock installs, and ever since 0.90, I believe.

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm, if all that does is clear the input locks then the "Clear input lock stack" button in the debug menu should do the same.

Unfortunately I never seem to run into this issue, so if you don't mind testing the debug button next time this happens, it'd be good to know if it works or not.

I see this come up as a stock problem, but it is still often triggered by add-ons, which I see in your pictures. It was a stock bug in one of the versions, but was triggered by clicking through the staging icons when exiting the VAB.

As sal mentions, it's an input lock problem. So what we really need from your replication steps is more detail about where your mouse is and what you are doing when you switch applications.

I say this because I run stock KSP and ALT+Tab extremely frequently, and I have never run into this (in pure stock). It may be that it's triggered based on the application you are switching to, if it is somehow grabbing mouse focus differently than other programs. Or perhaps it depends on where your mouse is when you are switching screens.

When you say "when it loads" are you saying to click away while it is in the process of loading? Or after? And is this a big save file? (Timing may also be important.)

Cheers,

-Claw

Hmmm, if all that does is clear the input locks then the "Clear input lock stack" button in the debug menu should do the same.

Unfortunately I never seem to run into this issue, so if you don't mind testing the debug button next time this happens, it'd be good to know if it works or not.

I'll try that, I'll come back with results.

I see this come up as a stock problem, but it is still often triggered by add-ons, which I see in your pictures. It was a stock bug in one of the versions, but was triggered by clicking through the staging icons when exiting the VAB.

As sal mentions, it's an input lock problem. So what we really need from your replication steps is more detail about where your mouse is and what you are doing when you switch applications.

I say this because I run stock KSP and ALT+Tab extremely frequently, and I have never run into this (in pure stock). It may be that it's triggered based on the application you are switching to, if it is somehow grabbing mouse focus differently than other programs. Or perhaps it depends on where your mouse is when you are switching screens.

When you say "when it loads" are you saying to click away while it is in the process of loading? Or after? And is this a big save file? (Timing may also be important.)

Cheers,

-Claw

Well, for the mods, I still haven't verified it fully, but IIRC it was happening before I installed any mods. I also found this report with similar circumstances as mine.

If it'll help, here's my mod list:

Blizzy78's Toolbar - 1.0.2

Ambient Light Adjustment - 1.2.0

BDArmory - v0.9.9

Burn Together - 0.7.0

Camera Tools - 1.3

Chatterer

DarkMultiplayer - 0.2.2.2

Kerbal Konstructs

Kerbin City - Build 2

Kronal Vessel Viewer

NoOffsetLimits

Scatterer

And for better replication steps, hope this has more detail:

1. Start up KSP, go to your saves, namely, "Resume Saved."

2. Click on one of the saves there, and select continue. When it starts lagging and loading the save, click away from KSP and select any other program (Such as Firefox, War Thunder and such.)

3. It should appear.

4. Wait for it to load.

5. When it does, it should appear as shown in the photo above.

I'd record a GIF or video, but I can't seem to properly reproduce it whenever I record it.

Hope it's helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

This bug happens to me alot too, and I honestly think that it has something to do with save that have alot of ships in em. I get it all the time in my creative save, while like 150 ships in different places, but never once has it happened to me in my career save

I personally also have duel monitor setup, and a windowed ksp. That might have something to do with it, as I dont actually alt-tab

• 3 months later...

Bumped into this right now.

From the mods listed by OP, I use Chatterer.

But I assume this is because the game state may be dirty, that is if you start a game, and upgrade a mod or remove any.

Which in turn has chance to happen only if you play modded game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.