What's your favorite chemical?

Ethanadams

Those are elements, which can be part of chemicals... but carbon and silicon are not chemicals

You're using the word "chemicals" as a synonim for "chemical compounds" which is incorrect. Chemical compounds are made out of elements. Chemicals are anything we prepare in a chemical process. Stuff that sits in a bottle with a label describing the stuff inside.

Sodium chloride is a chemical compound.

These are chemicals.

AR-AR-500g-sodium-chloride-industrial-salt-Nacl-salt-spray-test-authentic-licensed-chemical-reagents.jpg

usp-sodium-chloride-fifty-pound-bag.png?v=1.5

We couldn't call carbon a chemical because it comes in a variety of allotropes. Graphite powder is a chemical, though.

-font-b-Graphite-b-font-lubricant-conducting-analytical-chemistry-reagents-500-grams-of-low-temperature.jpg

Silicon comes amorphous and crystalline, so we need to specify that, too.

That's not gonna make you feel happy though... If you want to feel great, you should consider serotonin instead ! :D

The two kind of work hand-in-hand, one of the reasons many psychotropic drugs used in depression treatment have both serotonin and dopamine re-uptake inhibitor properties.

ANFO, or AN/FO, for ammonium nitrate/fuel oil. It consists of 94% porous prilled ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3) (AN) that acts as the oxidizing agent and absorbent for the fuel and 6% number 2 fuel oil (FO).

Basically a poor ISP solid rocket propellant and or low speed explosive. If any of you watch Mythbusters, you know how badass this is.

You just made me realize, mine would have to be salt... if it qualifies as a chemical... I'm a salt-a-holic way more than sugar

She be a chemical. NaCl. Where I live, we hate it because it rusts out the bottom of cars in the winter when it's used on the roads. You either pay for undercoating every couple years or replace a bunch of parts on a regular basis.

Also, I've heard some recordings of flutes like the ones you make. Really pretty sound; wish I had the skill to build and play them. Could probably build them but it doesn't seem like I'm wired for musical instruments.

She be a chemical. NaCl. Where I live, we hate it because it rusts out the bottom of cars in the winter when it's used on the roads. You either pay for undercoating every couple years or replace a bunch of parts on a regular basis.

Also, I've heard some recordings of flutes like the ones you make. Really pretty sound; wish I had the skill to build and play them. Could probably build them but it doesn't seem like I'm wired for musical instruments.

Ahhh, I grew up in upstate NY.... I remember road salt well. Nasty stuff for cars.

Thank you for the flute comment. I have some really pretty ones. If I ever get the software to record KSP vids, I'll make some music videos with flutes and synthesizers.

I'm a big fan of:

C257H389N65O77S6

Cookies for anybody who can identify that. Because I like cookies. That's a hint.

Plus, my screenname will make a lot of sense.

*googles that*

...Oh dear, now your screenname makes me uncomfortable :P Hedgehogs are cute, but medical needles on a daily basis? Eeek!

But hey, at least you have a pretty good argument for why that is your favorite chemical, if it helps you eat cookies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.