So how was your day?

Columbia

I started my day by breaking a shoelace. For some reason I find that irrationally frustrating.

Wow, that's not happened to me nearly enough times for me to have an opinion on it!

Anyway, usual druggery at work. Not much to do, only small unimportant tasks.

Been reading on stellar structure and evolution. These class notes seem good so far, but I printed the first class and the font is so damn huge it's surprisingly more pleasant to read on screen than on paper.

- - - Updated - - -

I've lit my room with almost a kilowatt of incadescent lights for a few minutes. It was glorious.

O_O holy.

If this were a parliamentary business meeting, I would SECOND the motion. :mad:

Can I third it?

Woke up, went to the dentist to get some prep work for a crown done on a tooth I broke several weeks ago (that involved Novocaine, lots of drilling, and being informed that I narrowly missed needing a root canal), then spent the rest of the day doing yard work and cleaning up a couple of downed trees.

Oh, and I had to borrow a car all day because the accelerator pedal on mine literally broke off.

Oh x2, I received a phone call from ADT that my sister's house burglar alarm went off and they couldn't get a hold of her, so I tried calling and couldn't get a hold of her, her husband, or my brother (who lives in the same city as my sister). After several attempts, my sister finally picked up the phone and revealed that it was a false alarm.

I could do without days like this.

Can I third it?

Woke up, went to the dentist to get some prep work for a crown done on a tooth I broke several weeks ago (that involved Novocaine, lots of drilling, and being informed that I narrowly missed needing a root canal), then spent the rest of the day doing yard work and cleaning up a couple of downed trees.

Oh, and I had to borrow a car all day because the accelerator pedal on mine literally broke off.

Oh x2, I received a phone call from ADT that my sister's house burglar alarm went off and they couldn't get a hold of her, so I tried calling and couldn't get a hold of her, her husband, or my brother (who lives in the same city as my sister). After several attempts, my sister finally picked up the phone and revealed that it was a false alarm.

I could do without days like this.

Damn, that must've been one hell of a terrible day.

Well, I woke up to the sound of Typhoon Koppu making landfall. Trees are waving as if they were Groot dancing, and the wind can legitimately be heard.

On the bright side.. it could be worse.

Today... Well, it snowed a little bit, I went to a lecture thingie about dark matter (For all ages, thank goodness, or I would have had trouble understanding.) Town had a College Football (The American kind) thing going on, but I don't really pay much to that. Afternoon was spent trying a few minutes on the darned space shuttle of mine, and decided to move to developing The Asteroid Sentinels, which has very sadly fallen in my priority recently, and I always wish to have better Production Times, as each comic issue has 2 hours or so spent on it, and if I had more time, I would actually let 5 hours pads before finishing up. I don't technically own my Laptop, so I spent the past hour browsing around killing time.

Well, I woke up to the sound of Typhoon Koppu making landfall. Trees are waving as if they were Groot dancing, and the wind can legitimately be heard.

On the bright side.. it could be worse.

Stay safe man! I really haven't been in any tropical cyclone, and sadly haven't been to the tropics, notably. My place got a Freeze Warning issued, which is rather varying from your predicament :o

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Dog died, got to play some broken age so it wasn't all bad...

I know that feel. one of my dogs died a few months ago (afterwards we got another, we had 2 originally).

18 years of a happy long life.

Sorry for your loss.

Well it's official... I'm mad as hell today, I had a bad day... my coffee percolator died this afternoon.

It was one of these things...

410L5uqRfqL._SY300_.jpg

I got it in 2000. It's been faithful all these years. I just may bury it in the back yard, it's been that faithful to me. ;.;

Well it's official... I'm mad as hell today, I had a bad day... my coffee percolator died this afternoon.

It was one of these things...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410L5uqRfqL._SY300_.jpg

I got it in 2000. It's been faithful all these years. I just may bury it in the back yard, it's been that faithful to me. ;.;

Damn, perked coffee's the best too. Give that sucker a funeral, it deserves it.

To be fair (not that it's a competition), it wasn't as bad as Glaran K'erman's; at least no one died. (Sorry man).

And yesterday was a hell of a lot better. Looks like there's no chance of needing that root canal (I was told there'd be a 20% chance I'd need it anyway, particularly if any sensitivity lasted for more than 4 days, and so far there's been no sensitivity issues). And I spent the day hanging out with family, seeing my 5 month old nephew, and generally slacking off.

Today was more yardwork, though. This time clearing blackberry vines. Not fun (it's damn near physically impossible to clear blackberry vines without ending up bleeding in several places), but it needed to be done. They will completely take over large swaths of land if you let them, and they're extremely difficult to kill off without bringing out heavy duty pesticides.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.