Frisbee throwing challenge

How long can u throw a frisbee in Ksp. I did it and got to 137 meters from launch. Will post pics in just a minute.

rules:

1. The frisbee must be thrown right away and once decoupled from thrower it must not thrust. The only thing you could do is open a parachute if needed

2.it must safely land on the ground

3.there must be proof that you got to where you got.

4.only stock parts. No b9 insane interplanetary thrusters or other shenanigans.

5.no kdrives please.

6. The frisbee cannot be non frisbee looking. You can get creative but if it is a square it won't count.

bonus:have a kerbal catch it. Added 500 meters to distance if you touch him before the ground

- - - Updated - - -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ba6grAqfXRcW1hQ0lrOUFkOG8/view?usp=sharing

1.mdkendall

2.322997am

Edited by 322997am

Here's another attempt. I don't know if it meets the "Frisbee must be thrown right away" rule because the thrower lets go about 1s after launch. Anyway, it gets 1.172km from the launchpad.

It works no differently from your other one in terms of thrust.

It works no differently from your other one in terms of thrust.

In the first one I had the Frisbee decoupler in the first stage, so everything was separated right at the start and the Frisbee was propelled by the rocket sled pushing against it. In the second one there are two stages; the Frisbee remains joined to the launcher until the rocket has burned out, then I decouple it and it flies free.

I had a mess about with this earlier, using a 'mass-relay'-style launcher and a rockomax adapter as the disc. After separating it slides up a pair of rails (i-beams). The best flight I got was about 650m using 3 Thuds, but when I tried to upgrade the engine to a Rhino I just couldn't centre the thrust to get a clean take-off. Still, the design has a lot of potential :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.