Satellite and Small Rover parts; Ideas welcomed

Night Lone

The one thing I think KSP is missing is early rover and sat parts. I loved CubeSat, and Universal Storage and how they do things, and I'm planning on getting into modding again.

Unfortunately one mod which I would really like to see progress but, hasn't, was C.O.R.E. So I was thinking of developing something similar to that, but of course, not copying his design. If anyone is interested in more sat parts, or small rover parts (and maybe larger ones, but there seems to be a lot of mods for that, so I don't know how I feel about that) and want to share their ideas, then I'm willing to check it out!

Current Idea:

For the hex, oct, and cube shaped probe cores, have the corresponding tanks, engines, rcs, etc for them, using them as the basic form factor.

Might make a round probe core to fit the round 0.625m tanks.

Not really willing to do solar panels (folding) since, stock has some pretty good ones already, and there's tons of mods with their own; though you're allowed to try to change my mind on this :P

Anyhow, Feel free to send me ideas, wants, requests :P

Edited by Night Lone
Changed the title to be less ambiguous

Be nice to have a mod like this one Panda Jager Laboratories http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64336-0-23-Panda-Jager-Laboratories-Parts-Pack with some added parts so far has core very nice looking parts but really would like to see more mods like BoxSat http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91616-0-90-BoxSat-vA-02d-Updated-01-13-2015

By, "more mods like BoxSat" you mean, a KIS-able mod that allows one to interact with EVA? I'm already thinking of something like that, as I extremely enjoy modular mods that allows me to snap things together, or upgrade something. Now that my creative juices are flowing I'll probably start drafting some ideas.

For science, I would be tempted to do that, but don't expect a whole lot :P There's a lot of biomes and planets out there! (That and a lot of other mods with science-stuffs, so I'd have to find some stuff that they don't have)

I'm not that interested in coding at this precise time, just incase someone's gonna mention something which requires me to play with code ;) Also, I heard that in 1.1 wheels are going to have a change to them, so I don't wanna touch them until 1.1 comes out.

But any other ideas for modeling for sat/rover parts, I'm 100% interested in, just shoot them out!

Hey! I also think satellites deserve some more love in KSP.

So much so that I'm actually working on a modular satellite system and a delivery system.

I m almost done with the satellite system but not with delivery. By the end of the weekend I hope to release the first satellite version. It 's basically an octogonal system with a core that can be split in half and on which you can attach side modules. It has engines, probe cores, solar panels, the science bits and so on..

You can have a look here to see how if that would fit your needs in terms of satellites. Sorry it's in french.. I ll create an international thread when I have a downloadable version ( end of the weekend hopefully)

Sat_Mk3.jpg
Edited by Nookos

Hey! I also think satellites deserve some more love in KSP.

So much so that I'm actually working on a modular satellite system and a delivery system.

I m almost done with the satellite system but not with delivery. By the end of the weekend I hope to release the first satellite version. It 's basically an octogonal system with a core that can be split in half and on which you can attach side modules. It has engines, probe cores, solar panels, the science bits and so on..

You can have a look here to see how if that would fit your needs in terms of satellites. Sorry it's in french.. I ll create an international thread when I have a downloadable version ( end of the weekend hopefully)

http://lacroixdidier.com/temp/Sat_Mk3.jpg

First off, I'm surprised I could read half of that....maybe grade 3 french class did sink in a bit... (or the fact that I should be sleeping so my mind is like "That word means THIS...that make sense right?!")

And, not exactly what I was thinking, but that is pretty neat! I wouldn't be dealing with deliveries at all, just with the satellite. I also want to mod this cause I did have a mod, I just never got into it, and, playing KSP right now, I keep on sending probes everywere xD so I wanna help make my little probes and sats look...well...something not like I had to grab parts from 20 different mods :P

Edited by Night Lone

First off, I'm surprised I could read half of that....maybe grade 3 french class did sink in a bit... (or the fact that I should be sleeping so my mind is like "That word means THIS...that make sense right?!")

And, not exactly what I was thinking, but that is pretty neat! I wouldn't be dealing with deliveries at all, just with the satellite. I also want to mod this cause I did have a mod, I just never got into it, and, playing KSP right now, I keep on sending probes everywere xD so I wanna help make my little probes and sats look...well...something not like I had to grab parts from 20 different mods :P

Cool. Looking forward to what you will come up with. KSP satellites need improvements that's for sure. And congratz on your french skills :D

Cool. Looking forward to what you will come up with. KSP satellites need improvements that's for sure. And congratz on your french skills :D

Well, since I mentioned I want something that will fit for all stock probe cores, I'll probably be designing something for each of them, something that can be slapped on the bottom of one and then....hold on...

*tries to draw something....Fails*

I'll put up some specs later if someone hasn't given some ideas :P

I should really be sleeping

Edited by Night Lone
I should be sleeping...I can't even type

Something no 1 did on kerbal... ummm

Remember Command and conker "Ion canon".

Or the USA "Star Wars" Program.

On a less destructive approach:

Special satellites like "MTV" or in this case "KTV" communication satellite or a "Voyager" like satellite just to do special contracts.

A Kepler like satellite, although we woulden't really get to find real planets in other places "unless you use kerbal Galaxy, you could gain some science from time to time... this is so game changer so... it should be almost at the end of the tree.

Special suicidal probes used to gain science! EVERYBODY LIKES A BOOM

Love the idea of adding more to the satellite area! This has always been an interest to me! I would like to see more antenna or communication device options as this area has always seemed lacking to me. Maybe some recording device or something that collects science as it orbits over new area's? I dunno I could come up with parts for this for days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.