Kerbal book of World Records

I circumnavigate Kerbin by land, no mods, no hacks, only stock. Started roving north from the KSC on January 24, 2014, went over both poles, one sea, two islands and an ocean, leaving behind 74 EVA Kerbals and 74 flags, reaching the KSC from the south today August 10, 2014. I recorded the entire trip in 24 episodes, the last one is embedded bellow.

You can find my thread with all the details here

CleverImmediateAffenpinscher.gif

I claim my waterspeed record please! This was done a while ago so I don't have screenshots of the whole thing, only at the point where I felt the craft had peaked in speed. Other runs managed about another 10m/s but I could not stop them successfully.

Record: Water speed record

Speed: 284.2 m/s

Version: 0.25

Mods: FAR, KAC

1QHpnwn.png

http://i.imgur.com/1QHpnwn.png

Edited by BrainiacBlue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I made a ground attack plane that could go 1000 m/s. the only mods used were bd armory, and that was just to put on ammo and rockets and stuff since I had intended to take it off, turn around, and do an attack run on my two landships to see how fast TWO could obliterate it, but decided to try to imitate a youtuber tape gaming whose stuff in kollaborative warfare with ramjets could almost be in space and be going very fast very efficiently, but mine only got to 36, and the engins had flamed out a few kilometers ago. the momentum from that got it up to mach 3, and at sea level ish/lower part of atmosphere you talked about it looked like it was de-orbiting. I would add pics but I'm on my school computer and the steam screenshots aren't on here so I can't get them in, but if I could I would. it was in version whatever the one we're currently in is, 1.04 or something. before that it was accelerating past 600 m/s at a 35 degree angle. I also just realized it doesn't count since not all of the fligh was in the atmosphere part you talked about...PS my landships were big, slow things with a two abramms turret mmain battery, a 8-10 howitzer nose battery, 13 dual fifty cals, 8 or so 30mm chainguns, 2 goal keeper ciwses that tend to fall of for no reason, two 20 mm turets, maybe 8 4 inch howitzers to a broadside, and then 2 30mm flak guns. my second version has to use a jet engine since the 4 large KF wheels and pair of mole hugeS tracks accelerate at about one m/s squared every five weeks without the jet engine to help it.