[1.3.1] Cloaking Device (v0.11a Oct 14, 2017)

wasml

On 11/28/2017 at 10:11 PM, wasml said:

@DoctorDavinci I had taken a brief look at that some time ago (1.1.3 time frame?) but I didn't see an immediately obvious way to do it - not that there wasn't one. If you're comfortable with writing plugins you're welcome to use my code as a base to create a alternate to this and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have (actually there's not much to the code). If you do I would ask that you name it something distinct from this one so people don't confuse them. If not I'm afraid I haven't had much time for KSP lately and while I'll try to keep this updated, adding new features isn't going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Thanks, credit will go where it is due :)

I plan to incorporate your cloak code into DCK and adapt it to work directly in conjunction with BDAc ... The team has had discussions around cloaking tech in the past and it should be a fairly simple adaptation to have the two work together

@DoctorDavinciI look forward to seeing what you come up with. If you have any questions I'll be happy to try an answer them - though the code is fairly simple. Most of the work if I recall was figuring out when something disconnected from the part with the cloak device. If you let me know when you have this implemented I'll add a note and link in the OP.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, in this thread there has been a lot of talk about if this works with radars. I am unsure of the outcome of this, is there an update or add on I can use to cloak from radars or is it either not possible or not finished yet? Thanks for the cool mod by the way.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:36 PM, trapbuilder2 said:

Hello, in this thread there has been a lot of talk about if this works with radars. I am unsure of the outcome of this, is there an update or add on I can use to cloak from radars or is it either not possible or not finished yet? Thanks for the cool mod by the way.

As @wasml said above, currently this mod does not work with BDAc in the sense that the radar can still see you if your cloaked and have a weapon manager attached

The BDAc team have discussed this and we have a few ideas as to how to get around it, however let me make it clear that there are specific functions that need to be coded into BDAc before a cloaking device would be possible and that will not likely occur until we have finished with the BDAc v1.1.0 public beta (it's possible something might sneak in but that is not the priority at the moment)

Please note: There will be code changes that need to be implemented in this mod which will be done by implementing an updated version of Cloaking Device in DCK called DCK Cloak which was discussed earlier in this thread ... I already have a working version of DCK Cloak in Dev however BDAc integration is on hold for the time being as the public beta takes priority

And before anyone asks ... no, I will not released DCK Cloak until integration with BDAc has been implemented and the test group has had a chance to try and break it ... if you want to cloak with BDAc the only suggestion I have is to use the ECM trick posted earlier in this thread and then use a YCSM module from DCK to reduce your RCS  ... You can also edit the YCSM 50 part config to get an even higher rcs reduction factor, see spoiler below

Spoiler

Find this at the bottom of the part config:

MODULE
      {
        name = ModuleECMJammer

alwaysOn = true        
        resourceDrain = 0        
        jammerStrength = 0
        lockBreaker = false        
        lockBreakerStrength = 0
        rcsReduction = true        
        rcsReductionFactor = 0.5
      }
}

change the rcsReductionFactor ... 1.0 = no reduction, 0.3 = 70% reduction

Please note that the max rcs reduction factor is hard coded to 70% ... this means setting it lower than 0.3 will not lower your RCS any further than 70%

• 1 month later...

@wasml - Just a heads up that the DCK Active Camouflage is now integrated with the BDAc damage overhaul. It is currently unavailable for public consumption as the test group needs some time to pick it apart and it will not work as intended unless you are using the latest in-house BDAc build which isn't available for public consumption either

However, it works brilliantly .... the Active Camouflage now will engage when under attack by any weapon as well as DCK Shields

DCK v0.4.0.0 You Can't See Me update will be released when the BDAc armor update is finalized

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.