[1.0.4] Submarine Pack - 0.0.1 Beta - Initial Beta Release Now Available for Download!

Fengist

Yeah, did that ok. I merged the Maritime pack with the sub pack though...

That's perfect, they should merge. For now, when I release updates to the sub pack, just follow the instructions in the OP. Did it stop crashing?

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed that this doesn't work properly for me. My list of mods is E.V.E. (With Avg's cloud pack), the Firespitter plugin included with this pack, KJR, KerbinSide, the Sub Pack itself, Ship Effects, and Stock Bugfix modules. When I Hyperedit the sub I built to the water, I get a message on the screen saying "Time Warp Claw Bug, Quicksave and Restart Now!" (presumably from stock bufix modules), despite not having any non-submarine pack mods on the craft and not using time warp. Next, the ingame log is spammed with a message saying the file MPlog.dat (or something like that) in the PluginData folder cannot be found, and if I try to revert the game the game locks up, the revert menu is broken, and when I opened my ingame log (that still worked, but I couldn't scroll through it) there were a bunch of Null Reference errors. I tried to put the log in a spoiler here, but due to the sheer amount of spam, it was 850k-900k+ characters, and my web browser freaked out and when it finally loaded I couldn't post because the character limit on the forums is 100k characters.

Ok, the second problem, the MPLog.dat I can fix. I'll put a patch up in a few minutes. It's something I've known about but didn't expect that kind of problem. As for the claw error, yes, that's Claw's mod. Do you have any vessels within 2km of the sub that have a claw on them?

I created a clean new save for the mod, so that sub was the only active vessel there was, although the revert issue was when I had a kerbal EVA out of the Crew Cabin and fall into the water unable to get back on board, and tried to revert while focused on the kerbal. I also forgot to mention that the underwater camera, autokeel and autobuoy, and animations for the diesel generator do not work but the no thrust above water does. There is also no air intake in the conning tower, and in an earlier attempt while manually keeping the sub submerged it randomly disintegrated, the log saying it splashed down hard and was destroyed.

Ok,

New Patch uploaded.

Simply copy and overwrite the existing Submarine Pack files, you will not need to delete your current install of Submarine Pack.

This should fix the MPLog.dat error. Basically, I forgot to change a directory in the .dll when I moved it from a testing directory to the Maritime Pack directory. It was trying to write to a log file that it couldn't create. Since I already had that directory, it worked fine on my copy.

- - - Updated - - -

I created a clean new save for the mod, so that sub was the only active vessel there was, although the revert issue was when I had a kerbal EVA out of the Crew Cabin and fall into the water unable to get back on board, and tried to revert while focused on the kerbal. I also forgot to mention that the underwater camera, autokeel and autobuoy, and animations for the diesel generator do not work but the no thrust above water does. There is also no air intake in the conning tower, and in an earlier attempt while manually keeping the sub submerged it randomly disintegrated, the log saying it splashed down hard and was destroyed.

The log file may be causing the entire .dll to shut down. Grab the latest download, install over the current copy and try again and let me know if that fixes it.

As for the EVA, there are doors on the crew quarters outside near the waterline. I may have to fix ladders so that overboard Kerbals can climb aboard.

As for disintegrating... you'll find that the bottom of the ocean is hard... REALLY hard. You even hit it at a couple m/s and your sub will crash.

Edited by Fengist

The thing about the sub disintegrating is that I was still a good few kilometers away from the coast. I did EVA the Kerbal through that waterline door, but the kerbal couldn't climb aboard.

EDIT: The new patch seem to have fixed the issues mentioned in previous posts, and probably fixed the disintegration one.

Edited by mike9606

The thing about the sub disintegrating is that I was still a good few kilometers away from the coast. I did EVA the Kerbal through that waterline door, but the kerbal couldn't climb aboard.

Ok, I will add some ladders to that part but not tonite. As for the explosion... not sure. If it happens again, check the log and see if anything there looks suspicious. If you find null refs and they indicate it might be from the sub pack, just post the null ref so I can have a look.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: The new patch seem to have fixed the issues mentioned in previous posts, and probably fixed the disintegration one.

Good news and thanks for helping me get this worked out. I knew I'd find a few brave souls who'd let me beat their processor stupid.

If you're interested, and now that it's apparently working, you can go to the Maritime Pack/Plugins/PluginData and find the MPLog.dat. Rather than bury my log data in the KSP log, I decided to create my own. It's a simple text file and you can review some of the things the MPUtils.dll is working on. And not to worry, the log file erases itself each time you start KSP so it won't get huge.

If you'd like to turn the log entirely off or have it placed in the KSP log, visit the website and read the instructions on MPUtils.dll. There are other config options you can change in the .config file as well.

Edited by Fengist

Ok, gotta get up early in the a.m. Hopefully this patch will get through the night. I'll be back around tomorrow to see how many crashes I need to fix. Thanks for all the help and comments guys. A good first day.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get some more pics please? And also those luxury subs are awesome. I want one. Or four.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow ;)

about the pics... the sub, you're on your own.

Hard as hell to drive this thing, but I eventually got the hang of it. Some of the animations and the auto keel as well as the auto boey are kind of bugged. For the most part it works pretty well, but it really needs to be polished.

tmuR7Pf.png

Edited by Wolfmanwolf

Whenever I launch it the Conning tower stays in place but the hull floats off and flies up into the atmosphere leaving the bridge behind, Help Please!!!!!!!!!!

this is what I meant but spontaneous deconstruction

"Kinda bugged" doesn't really tell me much.

Here's a list (If you want photos you can ask, but I'm too lazy to do it without you asking :P):

1: Certain part combinations with parts within the mod tend to somehow act like they've disconnected for no apparent reason but I can still control them.

2: Sometimes the bridge will start sinking though the body of the ship but again act as though it is still connected as I can still control it.

3: The animation to extend the smoke stacks of the diesel engine doesn't work and the stream of smoke from the engine doesn't stop no matter what.

4: The hatch on the bow doesn't work.

5: The cargo bay has the ability to have kerbals within it (AKA it has seats in it)

6: One of the spot lights of the bridge doesn't work

7: The dive planes aren't as powerful as I think they should be

8: The auto keel is very reliable

9: The auto buoy is very reliable either

10: It NEEDS more SAS power

11: The dive computer needs to have more to it, like an automated diving system

Here's a list (If you want photos you can ask, but I'm too lazy to do it without you asking :P):

1: Certain part combinations with parts within the mod tend to somehow act like they've disconnected for no apparent reason but I can still control them.

2: Sometimes the bridge will start sinking though the body of the ship but again act as though it is still connected as I can still control it.

3: The animation to extend the smoke stacks of the diesel engine doesn't work and the stream of smoke from the engine doesn't stop no matter what.

4: The hatch on the bow doesn't work.

5: The cargo bay has the ability to have kerbals within it (AKA it has seats in it)

6: One of the spot lights of the bridge doesn't work

7: The dive planes aren't as powerful as I think they should be

8: The auto keel is very reliable

9: The auto buoy is very reliable either

10: It NEEDS more SAS power

11: The dive computer needs to have more to it, like an automated diving system

Have you downloaded the latest version? And can you upload a craft file?

- - - Updated - - -

Hyperedit and BD armory

(Hyper Edit should not effect it. BD shouldn't either but I ll try without it later)

I used hyperedit to build it. Get me a craft file so I can try to duplicate this.

Edited by Fengist

- - - Updated - - -

I used hyperedit to build it. Get me a craft file so I can try to duplicate this.

Im taking a test now. Can I get it to you in about two hours?

edit: NM here it is

https://www./?t6qlj8c0nirog8y

Edited by War Eagle 1

- - - Updated - - -

I have the latest version, and it doesn't mater what craft I use. Maybe if you added a stock one in the mod we could get duplicatable results

It would be awesome if you added a cargobay that opened upwards so we can add missile bays.

Stock parts have too much buoyancy to submerge.

- - - Updated - - -

I have an issue where I can't throttle up. Any ideas?

Read below about making the conning tower the root part. That's the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the latest version, and it doesn't mater what craft I use. Maybe if you added a stock one in the mod we could get duplicatable results

But if I gave you what I envision, you wouldn't screw it up so I could fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I found 2 problems which lead to a question.

1. You have the rear dive planes on backward. The round end goes forward.

2. Somehow, every bit of Firespitter buoyancy got removed from every single part. Which means, it sinks like a rock and breaks apart when it hits the bottom, or at least it does on my install.

So, did you remove the Firespitter .dll that was included in the package?

Did you intentionally set all of the buoyancy settings to 0?

And I found out why you can't throttle up. Most ppl who use my Maritime Pack already know that my 'bridge' parts are not to be the first part. I screwed up the config it would appear and am allowing the conning tower to be the first part. Here's what's happening. In order to keep people from trying to turn submarines into aircraft, the throttle shuts down when you're 2m above the surface. If the bridge is the root part, it's already 2m above the surface.

Two choices... either make a hull part the root part or activate the compressor and get the conning tower below 2m... then the throttle will work.

And when I release a new patch, I'll fix that conning tower so it can't be placed first.

Edited by Fengist

Stock parts have too much buoyancy to submerge.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, you're trying to fly a submarine.

- - - Updated - - -

But if I gave you what I envision, you wouldn't screw it up so I could fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I found 2 problems which lead to a question.

1. You have the rear dive planes on backward. The round end goes forward.

2. Somehow, every bit of Firespitter buoyancy got removed from every single part. Which means, it sinks like a rock and breaks apart when it hits the bottom, or at least it does on my install.

So, did you remove the Firespitter .dll that was included in the package?

Did you intentionally set all of the buoyancy settings to 0?

Those planes are on backwards :/

Also I did not uninstall the firespitter.dll

By the way, some of the things in my list are actually things you should change, not necessarily bugs

And how do you figure that? People are great at breaking stuff