Warped Stars

0111narwhalz

This is something I think will be...entertaining.

Table of Contents

[Prologue]:    The Freighter

[Chapter 01]: Garage Shenanigans

[Chapter 02]: The Crash

[Chapter 03]: The Inquisition

[Chapter 04]: Cracking the Egg

[Chapter 05]: The Second Flight

[Chapter 06]: The Race

[Chapter 07]: First Launch

[Chapter 08]: Meeting Day

[Chapter 09]: Mystery Goo

[Chapter 10]: Boost Phase

NOTICE:

Warped Stars has been wiped 'til the implications of the new ToS and EULA become clear. If you wish to read it, enquire on the IRC channel, available at webchat.freenode.net #kerbaeadastra

Thank you,
0111narwhalz

Edited by 0111narwhalz

NOTICE:

Warped Stars has been wiped 'til the implications of the new ToS and EULA become clear. If you wish to read it, enquire on the IRC channel, available at webchat.freenode.net #kerbaeadastra

Thank you,
0111narwhalz

Edited by 0111narwhalz

Egads, man! It takes time to write this stuff! I haven't even gotten around to starting Chapter 2!:sticktongue:

Incidentally, could I have a bit more precise feedback than "Moar?" My other story seems to be much quieter, and I'd like to know what I'm doing right here, that I'm failing at there. Make both better, y'know?

Well, when I say moar, that means that I like what I see, and that I would like more. It's like you've just read a book in your favorite series, and now you have to wait a whole year for more. especially if at the end of said book Percy and Anabeth have just fallen into Tartarus and Rick left you hanging, literally. I'm curious about this series. I am intrigued. I want more to read.

Thanks, man. You're in luck, 'cause I'm posting another new one.

NOTICE:

Thank you,
0111narwhalz

Edited by 0111narwhalz

The Kraken Drive was a physics exploit. It was basically a few landing legs puncturing a steel plate. It may or may not still exist; I've seen Kraken Torquers but not a linear drive recently. Its unique properties will be explored in further detail later in the story.

• 2 weeks later...

NOTICE:

Thank you,
0111narwhalz

Edited by 0111narwhalz

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/11/2015, 11:15:15, 0111narwhalz said:

All punctuation has been fixed. The text should be legible.

Still need to repair the links, though. Anyone know how to do scroll anchors?

I quite like the story; the idea of how kerbal society would react to a Kraken Drive is certainly an interesting one!

As for comment anchors, I believe the format has changed somewhat, now they appear to look like this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/123447-warped-stars/&do=findComment&comment=2301523 (link to your comment) Interestingly, they no longer open things up in a new tab, an improvement in my mind!

Just copy the link of the timestamp on comments to get it.

Edited by CalculusWarrior

I can't get the title to center without the rest of the text doing the same. Any tips would be appreciated. If you put a chapter break, and then change the title, and finally the next line, you can get that line alone to center.
Also, copy-paste loses all my formatting, so don't be shy to point out any errors.

NOTICE:

Warped Stars has been wiped 'til the implications of the new ToS and EULA become clear. If you wish to read it, enquire on the IRC channel, available at webchat.freenode.net #kerbaeadastra

Thank you,
0111narwhalz

Edited by 0111narwhalz

Nice! Great dialogue that made me laugh out loud in places - I particularly liked the 'theorizing' at the end and:

"“He really does. It’s kind of an aesthetic now, to be honest. Also, can I have your chair, Bill?” :D

No tips on formatting though I'm afraid, although centering the top line only seems to work for me. *shrug*

I agree, that's why I use Markdown for writing my story. It was much nicer being able to just run it through a BBCode converter and just get a nice formatted post on the forums. Not sure what I'm going to do with this fancy new editor though, I may try copying-and-pasting the HTML output? Though you say formatting doesn't carry over...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.