KSP Mentioned by the White House, New Contest?

CornHuskerKenny

Kerbal Space Program was mentioned by the Official White House website in a post about the astronomy night that Squad was invited to.

"Squad, the developers of the game Kerbal Space Program, will launch a public campaign through Kerbal Space official channels for a girls-focused video production contest in early 2016, which will reach Kerbal Space’s user base of more than 1 million people. The contest will highlight incredible feats in space travel by women, and demonstrate how girls and women are solving some of the hardest challenges in astrophysics and space exploration. Winners of the campaign will earn prizes for themselves and their schools."

So a new contest coming about women and space exploration, discuss!

Source:http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/10/19/fact-sheet-white-house-astronomy-night-president-obama-announces-new

Edited by CornHuskerKenny

So, I guess the POTUS doesn't know that the only female Kerbal doesn't have a glass faceplate on her helmet (in the menu screen)?

The ONLY female kerbal? My save is populated almost entirely by female Kerbals, since that's all that seems to spawn for rescue missions.

That's dead good, well done folks - always been impressed with the attention Squad put towards education editions and the like.

Katie Mack & Emily Lakdawalla are two astro-physics lady people off the top of my head who may prove inspirational / educational / worth approaching for advice / collaboration.

A good sized comunity being mentioned by the White House WOOT WOOT. It should be a program used in school!
They're probably gonna use it to campaign for STEM.

Seriously, every year everyone hypes about STEM. They haven't even implemented it in half the nation....

Am I understanding this right? Only girls will be able to participate in the 2016 competitions? Or can all genders participate, but they will highlight more females than males. If its like that, then I'm down. I'd love to win something for my school by doing something that I love. Kinda requires that I get good at the game first though...

Am I understanding this right? Only girls will be able to participate in the 2016 competitions? Or can all genders participate, but they will highlight more females than males. If its like that, then I'm down. I'd love to win something for my school by doing something that I love. Kinda requires that I get good at the game first though...

Well, when the contest rules are released "in early 2016", you will know for sure :P

It's still a couple months until then though.