Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

That's a great start on Jool, looks awesome.

This might be borderline heresy, but I think it might look even better if it wasn't all green. Green should definitely be the dominant color, but some accents and highlights in yellowish or brownish hues would make it look less like "Jupiter through a green filter".

Just some feedback, I would be happy with it as shown, too. :)

Edit: LOL, my four year old saw it on the screen and said "It's a green Jupiter!"

Edited by Red Iron Crown

That's a great start on Jool, looks awesome.

This might be borderline heresy, but I think it might look even better if it wasn't all green. Green should definitely be the dominant color, but some accents and highlights in yellowish or brownish hues would make it look less like "Jupiter through a green filter".

Just some feedback, I would be happy with it as shown, too. :)

Ohh, not a bad thought. I'll play around with that and see if I can get something that looks good.

I was experimenting with jool as well a while back - and I must admit that narrow strips of sandy-brownish-orange looks just awesome. :P If I had your awesome textures I'd try making those two wide dark strips at mid latitudes that color.

Also, extreme poles.

I was experimenting with jool as well a while back - and I must admit that narrow strips of sandy-brownish-orange looks just awesome. :P If I had your awesome textures I'd try making those two wide dark strips at mid latitudes that color.

Also, extreme poles.

Well I just uploaded the PNG files which are a lot easier to get to editing than DDS. You'll notice the Jool textures are very roughly done in how I implemented them. Its only temporary though. If you want to mess with them feel free.

Well I just uploaded the PNG files which are a lot easier to get to editing than DDS. You'll notice the Jool textures are very roughly done in how I implemented them. Its only temporary though. If you want to mess with them feel free.

Good, I'll post what I get. I curently use ancient Astronomer's pack but it is relly ancient, and for some reason Eve is cloudless. And I'm focusing on Eve now. :P

As for DDS - I generally use Paint.NET for simple edits and recolors, and it supports DDS natively. For more complex edits I use GIMP, don't remember if it supports DDS. But AFAIL the best way to make colorful clouds is to have white texture and color them in config. That's what I did to Astronomer's Jool.

Good, I'll post what I get. I curently use ancient Astronomer's pack but it is relly ancient, and for some reason Eve is cloudless. And I'm focusing on Eve now. :P

As for DDS - I generally use Paint.NET for simple edits and recolors, and it supports DDS natively. For more complex edits I use GIMP, don't remember if it supports DDS. But AFAIL the best way to make colorful clouds is to have white texture and color them in config. That's what I did to Astronomer's Jool.

Ah, I use Photoshop, DDS is supported there too, didn't know if there were other programs that had it so it could be edited. I like working in Photoshop better so I usually just do the colors in there.

Well, I guess I could ask Nasa to map Kepler 41b? Or Gliese 436 b? But in all seriousness I don't, sorry :(

Bwahaha, it's all good :P I could make the textures myself but then we'd probably be here when KSP 5.0 is coming out still waiting on me to finish Jool :P

ok I've got a very strange problem. The mod only works for me, when I use new EVE. When I use Eve overhall, everything is pink.

But the textures are wonky with new EVE. City lights and clouds are tiled rather small and repetitive. Any help?

ok I've got a very strange problem. The mod only works for me, when I use new EVE. When I use Eve overhall, everything is pink.

But the textures are wonky with new EVE. City lights and clouds are tiled rather small and repetitive. Any help?

You don't need to install EVE-Overhaul separately anymore. Just download one of my files from GitHub and extract the contents to your GameData.

Yes? No? Maybe? Horrible? Burn it with fire?

It seems very bright, I have *very quickly* tweaked the image in PS to darken it down a little whilst retaining the yellow/brown tinge and it brings out some detail in the bight areas somewhat.

W6njw2q.jpg

Its all personal preference at the end of the day. On a different note, I presume this is using a direct Jupiter image, would there be any chance of modifying it so it doesn't look like a Jupiter clone but obviously has strong resemblance?

It seems very bright, I have *very quickly* tweaked the image in PS to darken it down a little whilst retaining the yellow/brown tinge and it brings out some detail in the bight areas somewhat.

http://i.imgur.com/W6njw2q.jpg

Its all personal preference at the end of the day. On a different note, I presume this is using a direct Jupiter image, would there be any chance of modifying it so it doesn't look like a Jupiter clone but obviously has strong resemblance?

What are everyone's thoughts on this one? I actually quite like the darkened look.

Oh, also Poodmund yes it is possible. I could get rid of the big spot as that's probably the biggest indicator that it's Jupiter.

Edited by Nhawks17