Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

[quote name='blackrack']I have to say, now that multiplanet support is released, I'm expecting great things from the people who maintain visual enhancement packs :)[/QUOTE]
Oh I hope I can do your wonderful mod justice sir :P

[quote name='Ruedii']Does this include improved height maps?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean visual bumpmaps for orbit view or actual heightmaps?
If actual them I'm sure no one made this so far. KSP's PQS system is extremely complex - what you see is made up by many layers, basic lowres height map, then the layer that makes shores more pronounced, then the layer that adds sharp mountain peaks, then many layers for terrain features like ice caps, flat piece around KSC and other buildings etc. Very difficult to modify in such way as to get desired result.

Not sure if you know this Nhawks, but Kopernicus introduces a bug in 1.0.5 that removes the buoyancy value for any and all parts, so craft just sink under the surface with it installed. May also happen with other mods, but as of right now Kopernicus is a definite. FYI I am using the 64-bit workaround for windows, but will verify with 32-bit tomorrow.

Also when using Kopernicus, the game loads the main menu with a whited-out Kerbin Land texture, which can be fixed by going into settings and back out again. Both with and without Kopernicus, the game loads with no Kerbin clouds or atmosphere on the main menu kerbin, though without Kopernicus, exiting the settings screen brings you to the "Mun or Bust" menu screen. Again, this is all on 64-bit windows (except for the non-Kopernicus no-atmo main menu Kerbin; that was just verified on 32-bit)

Oh my. Seems like KSP 1.1 release would be a major visual breakthrough. Cannot use this because of dancing at the memory edge already but can't wait for 64 bit stable game. Just can't wait.

[quote name='Ruedii']Does this include improved height maps?[/QUOTE]
No it does not.

[quote name='Algiark']This might be a stupid question, but... What makes this different from other visual enhancements, like basic EVE or Astronomer's?[/QUOTE]
Well it uses assets from RVE and then some of my own... It's just my take on a visual enhancement mod.

[quote name='gkorgood']Not sure if you know this Nhawks, but Kopernicus introduces a bug in 1.0.5 that removes the buoyancy value for any and all parts, so craft just sink under the surface with it installed. May also happen with other mods, but as of right now Kopernicus is a definite. FYI I am using the 64-bit workaround for windows, but will verify with 32-bit tomorrow.

Also when using Kopernicus, the game loads the main menu with a whited-out Kerbin Land texture, which can be fixed by going into settings and back out again. Both with and without Kopernicus, the game loads with no Kerbin clouds or atmosphere on the main menu kerbin, though without Kopernicus, exiting the settings screen brings you to the "Mun or Bust" menu screen. Again, this is all on 64-bit windows (except for the non-Kopernicus no-atmo main menu Kerbin; that was just verified on 32-bit)[/QUOTE]
Both of these issues have been in the Known Issues section in the OP for awhile now.

[quote name='Ser']Oh my. Seems like KSP 1.1 release would be a major visual breakthrough. Cannot use this because of dancing at the memory edge already but can't wait for 64 bit stable game. Just can't wait.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried a lower resolution? I know its still pretty memory intensive in the lower resolutions but you can still fit some mods in with them :D

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

By the way everyone, we are now on CKAN :D

[quote name='Nhawks17']
Have you tried a lower resolution? I know its still pretty memory intensive in the lower resolutions but you can still fit some mods in with them :D
[/QUOTE]
Probably I'll try it but on 1.0.4 it took about 2 hours max for my game to crash of memory overflow. With Scatterer it crashed in several minutes even with the openGL mode forced.
But I'm here not to whine, just to say how great and realistic does the picture look.

Hi!

Great work with the mod! Loving it.

Except for Kerbin grass, a matter of personal taste! Is there any way to restore the default texture? I just spent two hours trying to change this, to no avail :(

Thank you for your time :)

[quote name='Algiark']This might be a stupid question, but... What makes this different from other visual enhancements, like basic EVE or Astronomer's?[/QUOTE]

I guess it's the only mod that uses new EVE. Also, the Jool is amazing. And it may eventually revamp ground textures. And it is up to date. Well, just try. :P

By the way, how heavy is it comparing to Astronomer's?

Is it the problem of new EVE, or is the old Eve and Scatterer play together much better on edges of the visible part of the planet? Here's the old EVE, compare it to the pic in the OP:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/9YwxrIG.png[/img]

[quote name='sashan']I guess it's the only mod that uses new EVE. Also, the Jool is amazing. And it may eventually revamp ground textures. And it is up to date. Well, just try. :P

Is it the problem of new EVE, or is the old Eve and Scatterer play together much better on edges of the visible part of the planet? Here's the old EVE, compare it to the pic in the OP:
[url]http://i.imgur.com/9YwxrIG.png[/url][/QUOTE]

Actually if you look at from 90 degrees to the side it still has the same problem. The terminators don't line up so it looks weird, EVE was originally built with stock's terminators in mind so it looks off with scatterer. I believe rbray is making this adjustable though.

[quote name='altrue']Hi!

Great work with the mod! Loving it.

Except for Kerbin grass, a matter of personal taste! Is there any way to restore the default texture? I just spent two hours trying to change this, to no avail :(

Thank you for your time :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you go into the Stock Visual Enhancements/EVE folder you can delete the Terrain folder.

[quote name='sashan']I guess it's the only mod that uses new EVE. Also, the Jool is amazing. And it may eventually revamp ground textures. And it is up to date. Well, just try. :P

[url]http://i.imgur.com/9YwxrIG.png[/url][/QUOTE]

[quote name='blackrack']Actually if you look at from 90 degrees to the side it still has the same problem. The terminators don't line up so it looks weird, EVE was originally built with stock's terminators in mind so it looks off with scatterer. I believe rbray is making this adjustable though.[/QUOTE]
What blackrack said :P

Fantastic work I am loving it, I had a look at Jool because of the new scatterer, hyperedited my Soyuz into a 200km orbit, and found myself inside the atmosphere, visually, no aparent physics atmosphere. Not sure what causes this SVE or Scatterer. Or is it working as intended, I would expect a sort of pervading greenness. by the way beauty shot first from about 1000km.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vsRPpXB.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0EqUxkT.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/62NwusF.png[/IMG]

If I might make a request/suggestion:

For a mod like this, which seems to have a lot of different components, I'd like to see CKAN integration with this, I think it would be most beneficial to those that use CKAN, and this seems to be as good as, if not better than Astronomers pack.

[quote name='Nhawks17']Yeah if you go into the Stock Visual Enhancements/EVE folder you can delete the Terrain folder.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer!
My bad, I should have been more specific: Deleting the Terrain folder does work, but it also disable city lights, I was trying to find a way to keep them enabled and *only* disable the new terrain. I tried toying with the terrain.cgf configs, but the weird grass thing remain regardless. At best, you can change the display distance so that it only shows when the camera is very close (I could get behind that). Unfortunately, since the vanilla terrain shader is suppressed, this doesn't solve anything as you have a very ugly and basic Kerbin terrain below. (By the way, you have a grass.dds file in Terrain/Textures that does nothing :D. The first thing I tried was change it's content in visual studio, but it doesn't affect anything.)

I know this is a very specific request (disable the new kerbal terrain, but not city lights), but I'd really like to keep your city lights on, they are really cool!

Even if there is no solution for this, thank you for your time either way :) Edited by altrue

[quote name='selfish_meme']Fantastic work I am loving it, I had a look at Jool because of the new scatterer, hyperedited my Soyuz into a 200km orbit, and found myself inside the atmosphere, visually, no aparent physics atmosphere. Not sure what causes this SVE or Scatterer. Or is it working as intended, I would expect a sort of pervading greenness. by the way beauty shot first from about 1000km.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/vsRPpXB.png[/url]

[url]http://i.imgur.com/0EqUxkT.png[/url]

[url]http://i.imgur.com/62NwusF.png[/url][/QUOTE]
I'm a bit confused. What is making it look like you're inside the atmosphere?

[quote name='Taki117']If I might make a request/suggestion:

For a mod like this, which seems to have a lot of different components, I'd like to see CKAN integration with this, I think it would be most beneficial to those that use CKAN, and this seems to be as good as, if not better than Astronomers pack.[/QUOTE]
It has CKAN integration :D

[quote name='altrue']Thanks for your answer!
My bad, I should have been more specific: Deleting the Terrain folder does work, but it also disable city lights, I was trying to find a way to keep them enabled and *only* disable the new terrain. I tried toying with the terrain.cgf configs, but the weird grass thing remain regardless. At best, you can change the display distance so that it only shows when the camera is very close (I could get behind that). Unfortunately, since the vanilla terrain shader is suppressed, this doesn't solve anything as you have a very ugly and basic Kerbin terrain below. (By the way, you have a grass.dds file in Terrain/Textures that does nothing :D. The first thing I tried was change it's content in visual studio, but it doesn't affect anything.)

I know this is a very specific request (disable the new kerbal terrain, but not city lights), but I'd really like to keep your city lights on, they are really cool!

Even if there is no solution for this, thank you for your time either way :)[/QUOTE]
Ohhhh crap that's right... I forgot the Overhaul version does that... Well you can always switch to the Release version, there's no custom terrain and the city lights are still there and are working. There's just no atmospheric effects yet unless you install scatterer (I'll have custom configs out as soon as I can but the default one's should be ok for now)

[quote name='razanon']i need some advices, installing this (i want the new "R" version) i need to uninstall via ckan astronomers visual pack and eve? is eve included in ths pack?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Astronomer's works off the old EVE so you'll need to uninstall his pack as well as the old EVE. I know that EVE is included in my download here but I'm not entirely sure how the CKAN team assembled my pack onto CKAN to install but I'd guess it would be how I have it on GitHub which includes EVE.

[quote name='nhawks17']i'm a bit confused. What is making it look like you're inside the atmosphere?

It has ckan integration :d

ohhhh crap that's right... I forgot the overhaul version does that... Well you can always switch to the release version, there's no custom terrain and the city lights are still there and are working. There's just no atmospheric effects yet unless you install scatterer (i'll have custom configs out as soon as i can but the default one's should be ok for now)

yeah, astronomer's works off the old eve so you'll need to uninstall his pack as well as the old eve. I know that eve is included in my download here but i'm not entirely sure how the ckan team assembled my pack onto ckan to install but i'd guess it would be how i have it on github which includes eve.[/quote]

thx friend

[quote name='Nhawks17']
Ohhhh crap that's right... I forgot the Overhaul version does that... Well you can always switch to the Release version, there's no custom terrain and the city lights are still there and are working. There's just no atmospheric effects yet unless you install scatterer (I'll have custom configs out as soon as I can but the default one's should be ok for now)[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely try that out, thanks!

Hey, in the newest EVE updates, it says now you can use greater than 256 in color values. Does this mean that the bioluminescent clouds could possible be added? [url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-1-0-5-1-05-3-Nov-10-2015-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements?p=2299416&viewfull=1#post2299416http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-1-0-5-1-05-3-Nov-10-2015-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements?p=2299416&viewfull=1#post2299416[/url]

[quote name='TacticalNarcotics']Hey, in the newest EVE updates, it says now you can use greater than 256 in color values. Does this mean that the bioluminescent clouds could possible be added? [url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-1-0-5-1-05-3-Nov-10-2015-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements?p=2299416&viewfull=1#post2299416http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-1-0-5-1-05-3-Nov-10-2015-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements?p=2299416&viewfull=1#post2299416[/url][/QUOTE]

Theoretically yes, now I'd need to figure out how to get them to only show up on the night side then it'd be possible.

[quote name='Nhawks17']Theoretically yes, now I'd need to figure out how to get them to only show up on the night side then it'd be possible.[/QUOTE]

If possible, ask Astronomer how he did it all those months ago for the last two versions of AVP. He got it to work beautifully, but sadly doesn't include it with newer versions of AVP. Though, SVE looks so incredible, especially with scatterer, I don't think I'd go back to AVP if and when it is updated.

[quote name='DuoDex']So. Scatterer now has multiplanet support! Does this mean SVE-Release willl now support it? :D[/QUOTE]

Yes, when time permits I will get to it :) The time I could work on it there were bugs (I don't know if they've been fixed yet or not) with what seemed to be Scatterer and EVE so I couldn't work on it, and now I have no time to work on it or see if the bugs are fixed and probably won't for a week or so giving Thanksgiving is coming up. As soon as I have time I will get an update out though!

[quote name='Nhawks17']Yes, when time permits I will get to it :) The time I could work on it there were bugs (I don't know if they've been fixed yet or not) with what seemed to be Scatterer and EVE so I couldn't work on it, and now I have no time to work on it or see if the bugs are fixed and probably won't for a week or so giving Thanksgiving is coming up. As soon as I have time I will get an update out though![/QUOTE]

:)

Also, I'd like to take the opportunity to complain about stuff like this

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/somdvII.png[/IMG] Those cities are ugly and blotchy and..ugh,