Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

SVE with EVE and Scatterer looks amazing. Your work here is much appreciated. I say that because 1) it's true, and 2) it's always better to lead off with the good stuff before asking questions about issues. :)

So... said issue: I don't have a screen cap to show, but on occasion in-game (and every time on the menu screens), only the northern hemisphere of Kerbin shows any clouds. Not a huge deal, since, as noted, it's mostly just the menu screen, but it's very odd to see clouds just flat stop at the equator. Haven't seen any mention of it anywhere yet, so it may be mod-interaction related, though I'm not sure how since this trio is all I'm doing to the planets. I DO have texture replacer changing the galaxy and the kerbal suits, but that shouldn't interfere with planet and cloud retexs.

Any guidance on this, oh maker of worlds?

For reference, I was using the Medium Resolution.

Edited by Shadriss

11 hours ago, Shadriss said:

SVE with EVE and Scatterer looks amazing. Your work here is much appreciated. I say that because 1) it's true, and 2) it's always better to lead off with the good stuff before asking questions about issues. :)

So... said issue: I don't have a screen cap to show, but on occasion in-game (and every time on the menu screens), only the northern hemisphere of Kerbin shows any clouds. Not a huge deal, since, as noted, it's mostly just the menu screen, but it's very odd to see clouds just flat stop at the equator. Haven't seen any mention of it anywhere yet, so it may be mod-interaction related, though I'm not sure how since this trio is all I'm doing to the planets. I DO have texture replacer changing the galaxy and the kerbal suits, but that shouldn't interfere with planet and cloud retexs.

Any guidance on this, oh maker of worlds?

For reference, I was using the Medium Resolution.

If you read the last couple of posts on the thread, the issue is already reported :) It's an issue with the version of EVE I have put in with the current release. I haven't been able to test to see if the the latest development versions of EVE have fixed this because I've run into another issue that needs to be fixed first. Unfortunately it just has to be dealt with until I can get a new release out. 

Must have misunderstood what they were reporting then - the issue I saw them raising was the double layer of clouds, which I was also getting. That's fixed... the boulderco folder as was mentioned. I'll go back and look again... I'm usually better about this than that. Thanks for the reply anyhow.

10 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Must have misunderstood what they were reporting then - the issue I saw them raising was the double layer of clouds, which I was also getting. That's fixed... the boulderco folder as was mentioned. I'll go back and look again... I'm usually better about this than that. Thanks for the reply anyhow.

Not a problem :) Even I was confused by the posts so I would understand why others would be as well :P I'm about to release an update that includes a newer version of EVE so once that is uploaded test it out and see if any of the bugs were fixed :) 

Update out for everyone! This includes a newer version of EVE that hopefully fixes the issues you all have been having with the current version. Hopefully this is the last pre-release version and the next one will be a full release! Let me know if the bugs are fixed or any new ones arise!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE  v0.5.5

- Updated included EVE to latest development version

- Updated EVE configuration files to new format

- Updated Scatterer configuration files to latest Scatterer version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please oh mighty blue text let this be the last pre-release version!

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Update out for everyone! This includes a newer version of EVE that hopefully fixes the issues you all have been having with the current version. Hopefully this is the last pre-release version and the next one will be a full release! Let me know if the bugs are fixed or any new ones arise!

SVE  v0.5.5

- Updated included EVE to latest development version

- Updated EVE configuration files to new format

- Updated Scatterer configuration files to latest Scatterer version

Please oh mighty blue text let this be the last pre-release version!

I am very happy to report that this fixes the known timewarp bugs with EVE as well as the citylight bugs...but the citylight bugs seemed to be fixed by removing City Lights from the mod entirely. They seem to be in the correct folder, but neither the detaillight nor detaildark stuff seems to be loading...as well as the main planet texture.

Spoiler

Rig: i5-4690k, GTX 960 4GB, Linux OpenGL, etc.

11 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

I am very happy to report that this fixes the known timewarp bugs with EVE as well as the citylight bugs...but the citylight bugs seemed to be fixed by removing City Lights from the mod entirely. They seem to be in the correct folder, but neither the detaillight nor detaildark stuff seems to be loading...as well as the main planet texture.

Reveal hidden contents

Rig: i5-4690k, GTX 960 4GB, Linux OpenGL, etc.

Wait what? 

22 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Wait what? 

No city textures or lights.

Spoiler

2pt7S63.png

None in flight mode.

Spoiler

oezB9W5.png

None in map mode.

Spoiler

lGhqRvX.png

None in scaledspace.

Spoiler

5prkqI2.png

None at all.

1 minute ago, DuoDex said:

No city textures or lights.

Reveal hidden contents

2pt7S63.png

None in flight mode.

Reveal hidden contents

oezB9W5.png

None in map mode.

Reveal hidden contents

lGhqRvX.png

None in scaledspace.

Reveal hidden contents

5prkqI2.png

None at all.

..... Woops.... I just realized what I did, I forgot to to update that file in the download... Err I'll have a hotfix out later tonight including that :P Thanks for pointing it out :D

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

..... Woops.... I just realized what I did, I forgot to to update that file in the download... Err I'll have a hotfix out later tonight including that :P Thanks for pointing it out :D

Glad to see such a quick fix, many thanks nhawks!

Okay... Sorry about that, new update has the correct CityLights configuration so they should show on Kerbin now... Still noticing the bug that happens sometimes where they turn black, hopefully I'll have this fixed by release.

SVE  v0.5.5.1

- Added updated CityLights configuration file (woops)

Maybe this one is the last one yes?

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Okay... Sorry about that, new update has the correct CityLights configuration so they should show on Kerbin now... Still noticing the bug that happens sometimes where they turn black, hopefully I'll have this fixed by release.

SVE  v0.5.5.1

- Added updated CityLights configuration file (woops)

Maybe this one is the last one yes?

Still not there. Zooming around in orbit can make them show up, it seems, but they don't render consistently, especially not in scaledspace mode. I think the bug where cities turn black might actually be a Scatterer thing, by the way.

3 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

Still not there. Zooming around in orbit can make them show up, it seems, but they don't render consistently.

Hmm... they were working for me. I won't be able to look further into this until tomorrow... This might just be another issue with EVE because the config is setup properly but I'll see if I can find anything tomorrow. Sorry :(

44 minutes ago, Emankcin said:

excellent work, it looks fantastic, but is it compatible with Sigma: Eve recolor?

I mean kinda? The colors won't change to match the Sigma recolor, everything would still be purple but it isn't going to stop you from using the mod.

HOLY CRAP this is awesome!  I actually get the sense of orbiting, by an order of magnitude, when I look down more than ever before.  Great job Nhawks17.

I didn't notice if anyone had posted this before, is it my imagination or are the shadows from the clouds passing over the KSC causing some weirdness in the editor?

Do you have a list of know bugs (besides the OP)?  I want to help you get this perfected.

54 minutes ago, Probus said:

HOLY CRAP this is awesome!  I actually get the sense of orbiting, by an order of magnitude, when I look down more than ever before.  Great job Nhawks17.

I didn't notice if anyone had posted this before, is it my imagination or are the shadows from the clouds passing over the KSC causing some weirdness in the editor?

Do you have a list of know bugs (besides the OP)?  I want to help you get this perfected.

Glad you are enjoying it! The OP is the only place that has the up to date known issues... I haven't heard of any bugs being caused inside of the editor though, do you have pictures of what it is doing?

I have tried to install this mod first i installed EVE and the Scatterer and then SVE put them in the GameData nothing happened EVE showed up also scatterer but not SVE i tried to remove everything and then installing only the files that in SVE folder but all it did just removed EVE clouds and city lights can anyone help me please ! :( 

49 minutes ago, LividPumpkin said:

I have tried to install this mod first i installed EVE and the Scatterer and then SVE put them in the GameData nothing happened EVE showed up also scatterer but not SVE i tried to remove everything and then installing only the files that in SVE folder but all it did just removed EVE clouds and city lights can anyone help me please ! :( 

Did you follow the install instructions? All you need to do is download and extract scatterer into your Gamedata folder then extract everything from my zip file (overwrite everything when prompted) into your Gamedata folder. You don't need to install EVE separately 

13 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Did you follow the install instructions? All you need to do is download and extract scatterer into your Gamedata folder then extract everything from my zip file (overwrite everything when prompted) into your Gamedata folder. You don't need to install EVE separately 

Yeah i followed them but all i got is this

2tnS2BX.png

for some reason I only have the clouds and aurora 

8 minutes ago, LividPumpkin said:

Yeah i followed them but all i got is this

2tnS2BX.png

for some reason I only have the clouds and aurora 

Have you tried going in orbit around kerbin? Scat doesn't work in map view to save ram, try that.