Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

8 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

As suspected-- with scatterer gone, the vanishing clouds don't --- er --vanish.

Ok, now reinstall Scatterer from scratch, NOT including the configs in versions of SVE 0.5.6 and before. Just use the default configs.

25 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

This looks awesome! Does it have thunderstorms and lightning? Also, major performance issue when installed. Really bad lag, and I have a gaming computer.

No it does not, these kinds of things aren't possible with the current version of the new EVE. I don't know why you're experiencing issues, have you tried using a lower resolution version, what's your OS, how many mods are you running, what graphics API are you using. I can't help you without information :)

25 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Ok, now reinstall Scatterer from scratch, NOT including the configs in versions of SVE 0.5.6 and before. Just use the default configs.

Made sure it was a fresh Scatterer. same result below (is the the same thing being talked about?):

Traces of clouds are visible at the edge of the horizon, so it seems like some sort of draw distance thing.

Edited by Beetlecat

8 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Made sure it was a fresh Scatterer. same result below (is the the same thing being talked about?):

Traces of clouds are visible at the edge of the horizon, so it seems like some sort of draw distance thing.

Huh... weird, it stopped disappearing for me... I'll test it more tomorrow and poke @blackrack if I need too (:P)

30 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

No it does not, these kinds of things aren't possible with the current version of the new EVE. I don't know why you're experiencing issues, have you tried using a lower resolution version, what's your OS, how many mods are you running, what graphics API are you using. I can't help you without information :)

I have not tried a lower resolution version. My OS is windows 10, I'm running a lot of mods (say 40 ish, half are minor tweaks like tweakscale, hyperedit, etc.) I'm not sure what a graphics API is. Will having stock visual enhancements and EVE installed at the same time cause issues and will I still get clouds for kerbin without EVE if I have stock visual enhancements installed?

15 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

I have not tried a lower resolution version. My OS is windows 10, I'm running a lot of mods (say 40 ish, half are minor tweaks like tweakscale, hyperedit, etc.) I'm not sure what a graphics API is. Will having stock visual enhancements and EVE installed at the same time cause issues and will I still get clouds for kerbin without EVE if I have stock visual enhancements installed?

You should not have EVE and SVE installed at the same time.

Just now, InfiniteAtom said:

Alright. Will I still get the clouds that EVE has with SVE?

You won't get the same clouds but you will have clouds. SVE provides its own textures for clouds and the like.

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Quick question @Nhawks17, when you put clouds on Jool, do they display correctly from laythe or do they still draw over laythe's sky?

With Scatterer installed? Last time I checked it all displayed correctly.

On March 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM, InfiniteAtom said:

I'm not sure what a graphics API is. 

Graphics API is your GPU or Graphics Card. Also what processor do you have?

On March 5, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Shadriss said:

Not an aviator myself - submariner. I'm as NASWI with NOPFWI for the moment, but I'm transferring in the next few months. Honestly, only reason I recognized it was because of the signs that get posted outside the gates every time one of the squadrons come home - the Raven in particular always remind me of Boba Fett's helmet from a distance. :)

No rush on this, Hawks. It's a small visual glitch that in no way kills the mod. Ain't like Kerbin explodes or something.

Hmmm... at least, it hasn't for me SO far. :)

Please don't tempt the Kraken. What do you think of the Growlers? Moved out before they were fully in so haven't heard the engine noise in full.

On 3/7/2016 at 7:12 PM, Nhawks17 said:

You should not have EVE and SVE installed at the same time.

I'm confused.  CKAN forces EVE to download as a dependency for SVE.

EDIT:  Looks like Kopernicus is not a dependency at all and not a forced download.

Edited by Oakshios

2 minutes ago, Oakshios said:

I'm confused.  CKAN forces EVE to download as a dependency for SVE.

EDIT:  Looks like Kopernicus is not a dependency at all and not a forced download.

Yeah.... the CKAN stuff is.. weird. I don't know, I didn't set it up, it was set up automatically. I don't know how well SVE is going to do with CKAN honestly. It might get to the point where I have to take it off or get someone who really knows what they're doing to write the netkan for me.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Yeah.... the CKAN stuff is.. weird. I don't know, I didn't set it up, it was set up automatically. I don't know how well SVE is going to do with CKAN honestly. It might get to the point where I have to take it off or get someone who really knows what they're doing to write the netkan for me.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the response!

3 hours ago, JDarksword said:

Please don't tempt the Kraken. What do you think of the Growlers? Moved out before they were fully in so haven't heard the engine noise in full.

Growlers aren't a thing anymore. If I remember right, the EA-6 had it's Fly Off last June or so. It's all Hornets now... stupid planes. I hate those things. Orions are on thier way out as well in favor of Posidons.

@Nhawks17 - Still seeing the vanishing clouds myself as well. They were there on launch until I got above 50Km, then vanished.

8 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Growlers aren't a thing anymore. If I remember right, the EA-6 had it's Fly Off last June or so. It's all Hornets now... stupid planes. I hate those things. Orions are on thier way out as well in favor of Posidons.

@Nhawks17 - Still seeing the vanishing clouds myself as well. They were there on launch until I got above 50Km, then vanished.

Ok, it's something with scatterer. Blackrack is working on it so hopefully he'll figure it out soon :D 

51 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Ok, it's something with scatterer. Blackrack is working on it so hopefully he'll figure it out soon :D 

Not that I doubt you, but I am curious how we know this? Granted, it didn't become a thing until after his most recent update, but I wouldn't have thought Scatterer would create a Dead Zone(tm) for clouds.

57 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Not that I doubt you, but I am curious how we know this? Granted, it didn't become a thing until after his most recent update, but I wouldn't have thought Scatterer would create a Dead Zone(tm) for clouds.

I'm guessing its the render queue that's drawing scatterer effects over EVE effects until you get into scaled space. If you test it without scatterer, you'll notice that the issue goes away.