Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

On 3/7/2016 at 8:12 PM, Beetlecat said:

As suspected-- with scatterer gone, the vanishing clouds don't --- er --vanish.

On 3/7/2016 at 8:21 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Ok, now reinstall Scatterer from scratch, NOT including the configs in versions of SVE 0.5.6 and before. Just use the default configs.

No it does not, these kinds of things aren't possible with the current version of the new EVE. I don't know why you're experiencing issues, have you tried using a lower resolution version, what's your OS, how many mods are you running, what graphics API are you using. I can't help you without information :)

On 3/7/2016 at 8:46 PM, Beetlecat said:

Made sure it was a fresh Scatterer. same result below (is the the same thing being talked about?):

Traces of clouds are visible at the edge of the horizon, so it seems like some sort of draw distance thing.

On 3/7/2016 at 6:41 AM, blackrack said:

Quick question @Nhawks17, when you put clouds on Jool, do they display correctly from laythe or do they still draw over laythe's sky?

26 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Wait, blackrack is on what?

I thought you asking about Jool was related to this issue that was occurring, no? Apologizes, thought that was in response to the issue :P

7 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I thought you asking about Jool was related to this issue that was occurring, no? Apologizes, thought that was in response to the issue :P

These seem like different issues, but looking at those screenshots you posted, this seems like an even bigger issue, considering continets have also disappeared, and not just clouds, unless he zoomed out enough to reveal them :P in the second screenshots

Edited by blackrack

Just now, blackrack said:

These seem like different issues, but looking at those screenshots you posted, this seems like an even bigger issue, considering continets have also disappeared.

Yeah, in my testing the continents didn't disappear, it was only the clouds. It's weird though as I haven't been experiencing this issue until the most recent Scatterer versions (I couldn't tell you which one because I didn't point it out). Dunno what is happening with it though, seems different for everyone?

1 minute ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yeah, in my testing the continents didn't disappear, it was only the clouds. It's weird though as I haven't been experiencing this issue until the most recent Scatterer versions (I couldn't tell you which one because I didn't point it out). Dunno what is happening with it though, seems different for everyone?

I will try to reproduce it, the weird thing is I can't think of anything I changed that would cause it.

Edited by blackrack

Just now, blackrack said:

I will try to reproduce it, the weird thing is I can't think of anything I changed that would cause it.

Yeah, from the changes you've made recently, nothing really pertained to something that would cause this... I haven't tested with base EVE or KSPRC to see if this occurs with that but I don't see what I could've done to make this happen either... I wonder if it is actually something to do with the version of EVE I have bundled. It's the latest development version he has on github so maybe that's the cause....

24 minutes ago, blackrack said:

These seem like different issues, but looking at those screenshots you posted, this seems like an even bigger issue, considering continets have also disappeared, and not just clouds, unless he zoomed out enough to reveal them :P in the second screenshots

ha! yes -- I was over the ocean, so at normal zoom it basically looked completely blue. There's an island visible above the craft in the far distance. Zooming out in the 2nd image shows I was almost to the continent. ;)

I'm recognizing a conflict with RCS build aid and non-appearing clouds. Same behaviour and log entry as mentioned in this post in the RCSba thread and as an issue on github:

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/issues/46

On 6.3.2016 at 5:35 AM, xchoo said:

I can concur that EVE + RCSBuildAid causes EVE to stop functioning. The output_log.txt file produces the following error message:

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[EVEManagerBase] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

I'm reporting this here because I'm using this mod and it's mentioned some posts above that SVE has been updated to the latest EVE development version.

Edited by funk

16 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Growlers aren't a thing anymore. If I remember right, the EA-6 had it's Fly Off last June or so. It's all Hornets now... stupid planes. I hate those things. Orions are on thier way out as well in favor of Posidons.

Orions are on their way out but Growlers are still there, you are thinking of the Prowlers, which are EA-6Bs, Growlers are the modified F/A-18F Superbugs rechristened as EA-18Gs, guess I see your opinion of them though :).

@Nhawks17 Good to hear about the potential of a fix, though I won't be uninstalling Scatterer while I'm waiting :)

40 minutes ago, funk said:

I'm recognizing a conflict with RCS build aid and non-appearing clouds. Same behaviour and log entry as mentioned in this post in the RCSba thread and as an issue on github:

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/issues/46

I'm reporting this here because I'm using this mod and it's mentioned some posts above that SVE has been updated to the latest EVE development version.

That doesn't apply to me at least, I don't have RCS Build Aid

58 minutes ago, JDarksword said:

@Nhawks17 issue #42 on the EVE GitHub seems to pertain to this https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/issues/42

The numbers mentioned match up with what I saw. Which means this ISN'T a SVE problem, it's EVE instead. Yay? Maybe we need to backtrack ever so slightly on the EVE install until this one is fixed... not that I find it a huge issue, but I know there are some out there who it will bug neigh unto death. Watching the video he posts in that issue is spot on what I've been seeing, so that pretty much cements it for me.

@JDarksword: Prowlers... Growlers... they're all evil airplanes to me. Remember - I'm a submariner. I had a chief who once stated that intelligence in the Navy is inversely proportional to altitude. This would also explain Jeb, by the way. :)

Edited by Shadriss

Unfortunately backtracking on the version isn't going to solve everything entirely. There are other issues that will pop up in the old versions, you just have to decide which one you can deal with the most. However, don't go all the way back to 1-04-5 or whatever the latest release is because it won't work with SVE at all. I will be keeping the release of SVE up to date with the latest development version as this technically is still a WIP and bugs are expected  Maybe it's not an issue with Scatterer at all @blackrack but something @rbray89 might need to poke, when he gets the chance :P

I just did some testing on a new install with Just SVE UR and MR, no scatterer or Kopernicus installed Linux 64bit, OpenGL, nvidia

no difference in FPS between the two packs, both at about 20FPS lower than without SVE at all, got rid of Kopernicus stuff and citylights, about 1 FPS better

I didn't know what else to do so I looked at the log, interesting stuff there, I'll put it at the bottom.

Stock EVE 1.05-4 only drops the framerate by about 5 FPS, if it was a texture size thing, which does not really seem reasonable, that's a load time issue, then the SVE MR pack should have a better FPS than the SVE UR pack, but it does not. Something is wrong in the settings. This might give you a clue, it does not happen with stock EVE

[LOG 22:25:21.494] CloudsManager: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	name = Kerbin-MainClouds
	body = Kerbin
	altitude = 4000
	detailSpeed = 0,6,0
	speed = 0,20,0
	settings
	{
		_Color = 255,255,255,250
		_DetailScale = 2
		_DetailDist = 0.0000003
		_DistFade = 0.0003
		_DistFadeVert = 0.000008
		_MainTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/kerbin1
		}
		_DetailTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/DetailLow
		}
	}
	layer2D
	{
		shadowMaterial
		{
			_ShadowFactor = 0.60
		}
		macroCloudMaterial
		{
			_DetailDist = 2E-06
			_FalloffPow = 5
			_FalloffScale = 10
			_MinLight = 1
		}
	}
	layerVolume
	{
		maxTranslation = 0,100,0
		size = 4000,2
		area = 20000,4
		rotationSpeed = 0.0002
		particleMaterial
		{
			_TopTex = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/1
			_LeftTex = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/2
			_FrontTex = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/3
			_LightScatter = 0.55
			_MinLight = 0.5
			_InvFade = 0.004
		}
	}
}

[LOG 22:25:21.495] EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[Light] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[Light] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.Reassign (Layer layer, UnityEngine.Transform parent, Single scale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.set_Scaled (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.Apply (.CelestialBody celestialBody, UnityEngine.Transform scaledCelestialTransform, Atmosphere.CloudsMaterial cloudsMaterial, Single radius, Layer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsPQS.Apply (System.String body, Atmosphere.CloudsMaterial cloudsMaterial, Atmosphere.Clouds2D layer2D, Atmosphere.CloudsVolume layerVolume, Single altitude, Vector3d speed, Vector3d detailSpeed, Vector3 offset, Matrix4x4 rotationAxis, Boolean killBodyRotation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 22:25:21.495] AtmosphereManager: Loading...
[LOG 22:25:21.495] AtmosphereManager: Cleaning Atmosphere!

Edited by selfish_meme

On 1/3/2016 at 4:24 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Run a little test for me. Remove your Scatterer, StockVisualEnhancements, and EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder and reinstall the mod. However, this time, install all of the SVE stuff first and then install Scatterer and overwrite everything (so you'll be using the base Scatterer configs) and tell me if using the base configs fixes this issue.

Okey test run, and it still happens. The thing is I now know the bug (new feature "bad joke"). It is in fact below 160km when I can't see clouds. The thing is I took a closer look, and in the planets horizon, I can see a subtile glimpse of them, as if they where there but not opaque, like semi fully transparent. And as the orbit changes altitude at exactly 160km (probable + 1-10m) all clouds turn 100%visible. All of the bodies with clouds suffer exactly the same visual bug, just noticed. I'm running as for todays new check latest version of SVE HQ and scatterer. Tried it on different OS, same stuff happens. Hope it helps identify the problem better,

By the way I posted a similar thing about a week ago, but I bet It didn't get posted correctly I'm afraid. Thanks for the mod great job, and hope it gets as perfect as it can.   

Edited by JONYghost

On 3/3/2016 at 10:33 PM, JDarksword said:

Negative, was for awhile but moved about 6 years ago, my Dad flew for 140, 142, and 135, made CO at 135 then in late 2009 was transferred to where we currently are, I'm hoping to follow in his footsteps in not too long. Now I have to ask, are YOU stationed at NASWI/KNUW? Edit, my Dad flew for the Ravens the longest so they are my favorite squadron as they were who he flew for the most.

I believe I may be experiencing this issue, I haven't tested altitudes or anything but I see clouds in map view but only cloud shadows in the normal craft view. I have my craft in an 100 km orbit.

Yeah, try establishing an orbit from 90 to 200, tell me if passed exactly 160km, clouds appear. I posted this just a few seconds ago, I explain it there. Let him know if it's happening exactly as I described

5 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I just did some testing on a new install with Just SVE UR and MR, no scatterer or Kopernicus installed Linux 64bit, OpenGL, nvidia

no difference in FPS between the two packs, both at about 20FPS lower than without SVE at all, got rid of Kopernicus stuff and citylights, about 1 FPS better

I didn't know what else to do so I looked at the log, interesting stuff there, I'll put it at the bottom.

Stock EVE 1.05-4 only drops the framerate by about 5 FPS, if it was a texture size thing, which does not really seem reasonable, that's a load time issue, then the SVE MR pack should have a better FPS than the SVE UR pack, but it does not. Something is wrong in the settings. This might give you a clue, it does not happen with stock EVE

[LOG 22:25:21.494] CloudsManager: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	name = Kerbin-MainClouds
	body = Kerbin
	altitude = 4000
	detailSpeed = 0,6,0
	speed = 0,20,0
	settings
	{
		_Color = 255,255,255,250
		_DetailScale = 2
		_DetailDist = 0.0000003
		_DistFade = 0.0003
		_DistFadeVert = 0.000008
		_MainTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/kerbin1
		}
		_DetailTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/DetailLow
		}
	}
	layer2D
	{
		shadowMaterial
		{
			_ShadowFactor = 0.60
		}
		macroCloudMaterial
		{
			_DetailDist = 2E-06
			_FalloffPow = 5
			_FalloffScale = 10
			_MinLight = 1
		}
	}
	layerVolume
	{
		maxTranslation = 0,100,0
		size = 4000,2
		area = 20000,4
		rotationSpeed = 0.0002
		particleMaterial
		{
			_TopTex = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/1
			_LeftTex = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/2
			_FrontTex = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/3
			_LightScatter = 0.55
			_MinLight = 0.5
			_InvFade = 0.004
		}
	}
}

[LOG 22:25:21.495] EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[Light] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[Light] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.Reassign (Layer layer, UnityEngine.Transform parent, Single scale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.set_Scaled (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.Apply (.CelestialBody celestialBody, UnityEngine.Transform scaledCelestialTransform, Atmosphere.CloudsMaterial cloudsMaterial, Single radius, Layer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsPQS.Apply (System.String body, Atmosphere.CloudsMaterial cloudsMaterial, Atmosphere.Clouds2D layer2D, Atmosphere.CloudsVolume layerVolume, Single altitude, Vector3d speed, Vector3d detailSpeed, Vector3 offset, Matrix4x4 rotationAxis, Boolean killBodyRotation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 22:25:21.495] AtmosphereManager: Loading...
[LOG 22:25:21.495] AtmosphereManager: Cleaning Atmosphere!

The different version are aimed at impacting RAM usage, not giving better/worse FPS. 

On 3/3/2016 at 9:01 PM, JONYghost said:

Yes, same bug, no clouds below 200km if I don't zoom out maximum. I'm using the high resolution SVE set. No copernicus by the way. and I also have this bug on duna when ever I enter the atmosphere. (Image below) weird stuff, that did not happen with previous release of scatterer I think the new version of scatterer is causing this problems. I hadn't any cloud nor terrain problems when I first Installed this mod back in first week of February.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgpa5cavb3yn6xp/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-03-03%2020.53.13.png?dl=0

Furthermore research, It's not scatterer, I removed the mod, and while ascent, the clouds, suddenly shift to a blackish transparent tone, and they are gone forever. They appear again passed 160km or when entering low atmosphere. This problem is also happening with all cloud hosting bodies. Finally I conclude the duna texture wobeling (don't know how to call texture break dancing on screen, is purely scatterers fault (nice to know). Hope these set of posts are somewhat helpful and allow you to locate and solve the issue. 

JONYghost 

1 hour ago, JONYghost said:

Furthermore research, It's not scatterer, I removed the mod, and while ascent, the clouds, suddenly shift to a blackish transparent tone, and they are gone forever. They appear again passed 160km or when entering low atmosphere. This problem is also happening with all cloud hosting bodies. Finally I conclude the duna texture wobeling (don't know how to call texture break dancing on screen, is purely scatterers fault (nice to know). Hope these set of posts are somewhat helpful and allow you to locate and solve the issue. 

JONYghost 

Must be something with EVE then. Sorry @blackrack just a sporadic bug that made it look like Scatterer then. We shall have to wait until rbray updates the mod. If you guys want to try you can revert to a previous version of SVE before the config change was made and you can use the release version of EVE and the base Scatterer configs. Dunno how it'll fair but that bug should be gone.

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Must be something with EVE then. Sorry @blackrack just a sporadic bug that made it look like Scatterer then. We shall have to wait until rbray updates the mod. If you guys want to try you can revert to a previous version of SVE before the config change was made and you can use the release version of EVE and the base Scatterer configs. Dunno how it'll fair but that bug should be gone.

Alright.

1 hour ago, JONYghost said:

JONYghost 

What is this breakdancing duna bug you speak of?

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:21 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Ok, now reinstall Scatterer from scratch, NOT including the configs in versions of SVE 0.5.6 and before. Just use the default configs.

No it does not, these kinds of things aren't possible with the current version of the new EVE. I don't know why you're experiencing issues, have you tried using a lower resolution version, what's your OS, how many mods are you running, what graphics API are you using. I can't help you without information :)

Here is my system information:

Processor: Intel(R) Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz
(Can overclock to 3.0 GHz, possibly 3.2 or higher)

Physical Memory: 16283 MB
15 GB usable (1,283 MB is reserved for system)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

Processor Speed: 2592 MHz
(Again, can overclock to 3.0 GHz, possibly higher.)

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Basically, I'm using a gaming computer.

22 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I understand but you implied my reported bad FPS was because of the texture size.

3 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

Sometimes the lower resolutions can help but most of the time they don't. Just testing the first option. Are either of you running any other mods besides SVE and Scatterer?

13 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

Does it have a dedicated videocard?

9 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Sometimes the lower resolutions can help but most of the time they don't. Just testing the first option. Are either of you running any other mods besides SVE and Scatterer?

Are you talking about other visual enhancement mods or just other part mods?