Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

14 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Sometimes the lower resolutions can help but most of the time they don't. Just testing the first option. Are either of you running any other mods besides SVE and Scatterer?

I did it with a new install, module manager and stock bug fixes was the only things installed

8 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Does it have a dedicated videocard?

I looked up the 530 and it's actually a pretty decent integrated graphics card, you can see here it has some pretty decent numbers so I wouldn't expect it to take such a hit on KSP but then again my GTX 970 gets a big hit sometimes too in KSP so who knows haha

5 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

Are you talking about other visual enhancement mods or just other part mods?

Both

1 minute ago, selfish_meme said:

I did it with a new install, module manager and stock bug fixes was the only things installed

Hmmm, you had what a GTX 560? I can't remember exactly.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

GTX 570, my normal in game FPS is 60 FPS with my anti-aliasing settings, EVE drops it by 5, scatterer by a further 12, but SVE drops it by 20 by itself, without scatterer. I imagine scatterrer should be more expensive to run?

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I looked up the 530 and it's actually a pretty decent integrated graphics card, you can see here it has some pretty decent numbers so I wouldn't expect it to take such a hit on KSP but then again my GTX 970 gets a big hit sometimes too in KSP so who knows haha

Both

Will list mods in next post.

Btw: SVE wants me to install EVE as a dependency, despite that you said you should not have both at the same time

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I've looked it up, while it's better than some of the other integrated chips, I still wouldn't expect to handle SVE in anything but 720p. I'd say it's the culprit here.

I have used EVE for a long time and I wanted to expand with SVE and I installed it from CKAN. But my planets look nothing like the ones in the post I see. It looks like they just got a double layer of clouds from EVE, and I don't know if I can manually fix this or how I can make it look better :(

http://imgur.com/a/GlZYd

Laythe and Kerbin in the photos

Edit: I found a solution, by deleting the BoulderCo atmo folder :D

Edited by Valkyria90

23 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

GTX 570, my normal in game FPS is 60 FPS with my anti-aliasing settings, EVE drops it by 5, scatterer by a further 12, but SVE drops it by 20 by itself, without scatterer. I imagine scatterrer should be more expensive to run?

Ok, that makes sense then. SVE adds two cloud layers and an aurora layer on Kerbin so it is definetly going to be more taxing than EVE's one layer. Unfortunately I can't really do anything about this as it just comes with the territory, especially only having a 570 graphics card :( 

19 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

Will list mods in next post.

Btw: SVE wants me to install EVE as a dependency, despite that you said you should not have both at the same time

I know it does, I've said before the CKAN stuff is messed up and I didn't write the netkan for it, I'm not fully endorsing CKAN as I believe installing mods manually is the way to go for KSP, at least until we get a much better mod manager. I'm not saying CKAN is bad I just don't like how it works for mod authors.

9 minutes ago, Valkyria90 said:

I have used EVE for a long time and I wanted to expand with SVE and I installed it from CKAN. But my planets look nothing like the ones in the post I see. It looks like they just got a double layer of clouds from EVE, and I don't know if I can manually fix this or how I can make it look better :(

http://imgur.com/a/GlZYd

Laythe and Kerbin in the photos

Edit: I found a solution, by deleting the BoulderCo atmo folder :D

Yeah, sorry, see my quote above this one about CKAN :)

29 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Ok, that makes sense then. SVE adds two cloud layers and an aurora layer on Kerbin so it is definetly going to be more taxing than EVE's one layer. Unfortunately I can't really do anything about this as it just comes with the territory, especially only having a 570 graphics card :( 

I think you are mistaken about my card

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-960-vs-GeForce-GTX-570

3 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I think you are mistaken about my card

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-960-vs-GeForce-GTX-570

It only has a passmark score of 4,300. It's a decent card but it isn't one of the greatest either. I'd expect it to have that kind of FPS impact considering my 970 gets hit hard sometimes too.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+570

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

It only has a passmark score of 4,300. It's a decent card but it isn't one of the greatest either. I'd expect it to have that kind of FPS impact considering my 970 gets hit hard sometimes too.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+570

That is not wrong, but it is also synthetic vs real world. I don't think it's a card issue, the log shows something going wrong, maybe it's the beta EVE, I have run SVE in the past without the FPS hit.

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

I know it does, I've said before the CKAN stuff is messed up and I didn't write the netkan for it, I'm not fully endorsing CKAN as I believe installing mods manually is the way to go for KSP, at least until we get a much better mod manager. I'm not saying CKAN is bad I just don't like how it works for mod authors.

Yeah, sorry, see my quote above this one about CKAN :)

So should I not install it via ckan if it wants me to put EVE in at the same time?

2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

That is not wrong, but it is also synthetic vs real world. I don't think it's a card issue, the log shows something going wrong, maybe it's the beta EVE, I have run SVE in the past without the FPS hit.

Meh, dunno. It could be an issue with the EVE version or something along those lines. Might help to go back to an older version of SVE to see if the issue is persisting then and if not it'll narrow it down.

2 hours ago, InfiniteAtom said:

So should I not install it via ckan if it wants me to put EVE in at the same time?

You can install it through CKAN just be sure to delete the BoulderCo folder that gets added.

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Meh, dunno. It could be an issue with the EVE version or something along those lines. Might help to go back to an older version of SVE to see if the issue is persisting then and if not it'll narrow it down.

You can install it through CKAN just be sure to delete the BoulderCo folder that gets added.

Ok, got it. :) I will tell you if I have issues.

2 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Looks like something going funky with terrain shadows?

That's the new terrain shadowing in Scatterer. Still has a few issues on some setups - I've seen the same effects on Minmus during flybys. As I recall, it's still a WIP feature, so no surprise it's not perfect just yet.

1 hour ago, Shadriss said:

That's the new terrain shadowing in Scatterer. Still has a few issues on some setups - I've seen the same effects on Minmus during flybys. As I recall, it's still a WIP feature, so no surprise it's not perfect just yet.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Was just bringing up the idea that it might be the cause.

13 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

New version of Scatterer out. Notes say it's got an option to draw it's atmosphere over EVE... anybody check to see if this resolves the cloud pop-in/out yet?

I think we determined it was something wrong with EVE as someone was experiencing the issue even with Scatterer not installed.

7 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

I think we determined it was something wrong with EVE as someone was experiencing the issue even with Scatterer not installed.

7 hours ago, Shadriss said:

New version of Scatterer out. Notes say it's got an option to draw it's atmosphere over EVE... anybody check to see if this resolves the cloud pop-in/out yet?

Rbray confirmed this is an issue with EVE, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00234-10032016-highly-improved-memory-usage/&do=findComment&comment=2450945

You can sort of fix it by moving the camera around in mapview.

@Nhawks17, @Blackrack: Rgr all. I thought it was an interaction between the two somehow, but apparently now. Standing by to stand by for a standing fix. And if you can say that with a straight face... :)

As always - thanks for the work on this, gents. Even with the minor hiccups, it's good to have, and it's most appreciated.