Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Those are a bit old indeed. The visuals you see are with a very old versions of Scatterer and blackrack has since changed the way the default shaders look. Eventually I'm going to make custom Scatterer configs and shaders which will make it look less "EVE-like" :P 

As we watch all of our GPU's catch fire

r.i.p. mac users

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

As we watch all of our GPU's catch fire

i7 5930k 32gigs of ram and a titan x, no balls wont make it

Edited by sDaZe

1 hour ago, LameLefty said:

*sigh* Damn it.

This game is going to make me break down and buy a stupid PC just so I can play it with all the graphical tweaks I want.

One of us.. One of us... ONE OF US.... ONE OF USSS!!!!!

Hey guys, I cannot get SVE to work at all for me :(

I only have a few other mods installed, none of which are visual. I tried putting in the UH version of SVE, with the newest version of Scaterer and the newest Kopernicus(which is really old...) but SVE doesn't show up in the mod list and I see no visual enhancements. Help :(

KSP: 1.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
USI Tools - 0.7
Community Resource Pack - 0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.10.1
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.1.7
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.1.5
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.4.2
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.5
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.1
Firespitter - 7.2
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.19
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.0.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.4
Sounding Rockets - 0.4
Unmanned before Manned - 1.0.8
Waypoint Manager - 2.5
Wider Contracts App - 1.3

Edited by KeenGaming
added mods

10 minutes ago, KeenGaming said:

... and the newest Kopernicus(which is really old...) ...

And there's your problem right there. Kopernicus hasn't been updated and (to my knowledge) does not work with KSP 1.1 in any way shape or fashion. Drop that and try it again, see if it makes a difference.

Additionally: DMagic Orbital hasn't been updated either (unless it happened since yesterday, when I last checked). This may possibly be the culprit as well. All the others, I use as well.

Edited by Shadriss

8 minutes ago, KeenGaming said:

Hey guys, I cannot get SVE to work at all for me :(

I only have a few other mods installed, none of which are visual. I tried putting in the UH version of SVE, with the newest version of Scaterer and the newest Kopernicus(which is really old...) but SVE doesn't show up in the mod list and I see no visual enhancements. Help :(

USI Tools - 0.7
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.5
Firespitter - 7.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Sounding Rockets - 0.4
Waypoint Manager - 2.5

Post your logs. how much ram do you have installed? need a little info

2 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Additionally: DMagic Orbital hasn't been updated either (unless it happened since yesterday, when I last checked). This may possibly be the culprit as well. All the others, I use as well.

Dmagic has been updated for a little while now. its a prerelease so expect some bugs

https://github.com/DMagic1/Orbital-Science/releases/tag/v1.2.1

Just now, Shadriss said:

And there's your problem right there. Kopernicus hasn't been updated and (to my knowledge) does not work with KSP 1.1 in any way shape or fashion. Drop that and try it again, see if it makes a difference.

The readme for SVE says I need Kopernicus, doesn't it? I'll try it though.

Just now, Berlin said:

I have 32GB of ram lol. I'm not sure where to get logs.

10 minutes ago, KeenGaming said:

I have 32GB of ram lol. I'm not sure where to get logs.

The amount of ram doesn't matter when you're using 32bit

30 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Dmagic has been updated for a little while now. its a prerelease so expect some bugs

I was aware of this - but it's not really updated so much as 'made to work', as I get Dmagic's explanation - there are a great many problems with experiments working, plus the issue with one of the dishes. I don't consider this updated, so much as 'mostly working', as it has not been fully upgraded to 1.1 as other mods have been. Maybe I'm splitting imaginary hairs, but that's my take on it.

9 minutes ago, KeenGaming said:

Kopernicus has never been a requirement - just an optional componant that would allow SVE to place rings on Jool. No Kopernicus = no rings, nothing more. Thus, as was mentioned two pages back (I think), Kopernicus doesn't work with this until it get's the 1.1 update treatment as well.

Try removing all mods and reinstall sve by itself to see if the issue persists. Also forget about kopernicus for the time being it's not compatible. Try that first.  Then read this. It's like the Bible. 

Edited by Berlin

1 minute ago, sDaZe said:

Um, you do realize 1.1 is 64 bit, yeah? The mod list I pasted even says 64bit.

Just now, Shadriss said:

I was aware of this - but it's not really updated so much as 'made to work', as I get Dmagic's explanation - there are a great many problems with experiments working, plus the issue with one of the dishes. I don't consider this updated, so much as 'mostly working', as it has not been fully upgraded to 1.1 as other mods have been. Maybe I'm splitting imaginary hairs, but that's my take on it.

Kopernicus has never been a requirement - just an optional componant that would allow SVE to place rings on Jool. No Kopernicus = no rings, nothing more. Thus, as was mentioned two pages back (I think), Kopernicus doesn't work with this until it get's the 1.1 update treatment as well.

Im going to try with nothing but SVE and Scatterer.

Just now, Berlin said:

Try removing all mods and reinstall sve by itself to see if the issue persists. Also forget about kopernicus for the time being it's not compatible. Try that first.  Then read this. It's like the Bible. 

Going to try this, one sec.

2 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Naw not splitting hairs.  Everything you said is true. I just haven't come across any game breakers yet. 

6 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

This is true too 

4 minutes ago, Berlin said:

This is true too 

Except it's not, because 1.1 is 64 bit. lol

47 minutes ago, Berlin said:

https://github.com/DMagic1/Orbital-Science/releases/tag/v1.2.1

I looked in my log, and I found a bunch of stuff like this 

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EVEManager': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Well there is a 32x and 64x option.  I had to make a 64x shortcut on my desktop because steam puts the 32x by default there. So it's not exclusively 64x.  The only reason it was brought it up is because it has happened a lot since 1.1 prerelease, we aren't trying to insult your intelligence. If you post the logs the misunderstanding could be avoided

Just now, Berlin said:

Well there is a 32x and 64x option.  I had to make a 64x shortcut on my desktop because steam puts the 32x by default there. So it's not exclusively 64x.  The only reason it was brought it up is because it has happened a lot since 1.1 prerelease, we aren't trying to insult your intelligence. If you post the logs the misunderstanding could be avoided

My list of mods says 64 bit lol

USI Tools - 0.7
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.5
Firespitter - 7.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Sounding Rockets - 0.4
Waypoint Manager - 2.5

But anyway, I looked at my log and I see a bunch of stuff like this:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EVEManager': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

1 hour ago, KeenGaming said:

Um, you do realize 1.1 is 64 bit, yeah? The mod list I pasted even says 64bit.

Dont have to be rude to people that are trying to help. 

its called troubleshooting and he didn't have much to go off of since logs were never posted. I did give you that link on how to get support if you choose not to read and follow the steps then there isn't much we can do except guess what the issue could be. I Hope you get your issue fixed and get back to enjoying the game

Keen i will tell you most easy way to doo it
A. Move out all mod you have now from gamedata
B. Go this place & take ModuleManager
https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/
C. Goo to & take any version you thing it will fit best for your pc & taste but make sure it will be 0.5.8 coz only that one is made for 1.1
https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases
D. after you will see SVE it work aka you will have nice cloud you can set back rest of mod BUT be sure they are for 1.1

in case make step A,B,C result is not positive then something bad is there & it will require to doo much more like recheck file with steam, provide logs ...
Anyway hope it will help & it supose to fix your problem
Cheer & Salute

13 minutes ago, Berlin said:

its called troubleshooting and he didn't have much to go off of since logs were never posted. I did give you that link on how to get support if you choose not to read and follow the steps then there isn't much we can do except guess what the issue could be. I Hope you get your issue fixed and get back to enjoying the game

13 minutes ago, Blacks said:

Keen i will tell you most easy way to doo it
A. Move out all mod you have now from gamedata
B. Go this place & take ModuleManager
https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/
C. Goo to & take any version you thing it will fit best for your pc & taste but make sure it will be 0.5.8 coz only that one is made for 1.1
https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases
D. after you will see SVE it work aka you will have nice cloud you can set back rest of mod BUT be sure they are for 1.1

in case make step A,B,C result is not positive then something bad is there & it will require to doo much more like recheck file with steam, provide logs ...
Anyway hope it will help & it supose to fix your problem
Cheer & Salute

EDIT: It worked after I cleared everything out 4 times. All good now. Thanks for the help.

Edited by KeenGaming
toast

from reading log what you provide you was not done what i say
EVE Version Info: _BuildManager, 1.5.5907.37509 TextureConfig, 1.5.5907.37509 Terrain, 1.5.5907.37509 ShaderLoader, 1.5.5907.37508 PQSManager, 1.5.5907.37509 PartFX, 1.5.5907.37509 CityLights, 1.5.5907.37509 CelestialShadows, 1.5.5907.37509 Utils, 1.5.5907.37508 EVEManager, 1.5.5907.37508 Atmosphere, 1.5.5907.37509
Is an old one & it was supose to be  EVEManager > v1.5.5933.38810 < what means how i say you was not take correct version v0.5.8
0.5.8 aka take StockVisualEnhancements_0.5.8-UR.zip you have a good pc what can handle Ultra Resolution

get that file & it will work