Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Just now, sDaZe said:

Wow that looks amazing

I know right!! However its still not right. Because every square inch of land on kerbin looks like that. Even the mountains are covered in city texture. So....

2 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

I know right!! However its still not right. Because every square inch of land on kerbin looks like that. Even the mountains are covered in city texture. So....

I feel like a big metropolis like that would look amazing. But yeah, that is a problem C: 

17 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

@rbray89 @Nhawks17 All is well with just eve and scatterer. I don't see city lights or city textures but it still looks wonderful and it isn't planet megacity. Clouds are there. 

0vaFvWR.png

aIBtAUG.png

s15g8Ll.png

Well I can't tell yah why SVE is doing it. Considering you're the only person who's reported it I don't know what to tell you. The only thing I can say now is to wait until the next version of SVE (hopefully coming out sometime this coming week) and see if that fixes it :/ 

16 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Well I can't tell yah why SVE is doing it. Considering you're the only person who's reported it I don't know what to tell you. The only thing I can say now is to wait until the next version of SVE (hopefully coming out sometime this coming week) and see if that fixes it :/ 

I mean if I am installing the mod correctly. If there is nothing abnormal in my logs. Yea, dang it! Alright thanks for all your help I will just keep my fingers crossed for the next release. 

@Nhawks17 Actually I don't know why I didn't think to look but a lot of the other planets look messed up too. I am really trying to figure this out so forgive my ignorance when I make this suggestion. Scatterer has some issues with OpenGL macs run opengl by default. Could that be the problem? Also it is very possible that I am the only mac user to be trying to run SVE in 1.1 right now. Its a long shot. But if there are any other Mac users out there please speak up! Are you having these problems too? 

Jool

xvAJTj3.png

Eve

HDjXegX.png

3 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

@Nhawks17 Actually I don't know why I didn't think to look but a lot of the other planets look messed up too. I am really trying to figure this out so forgive my ignorance when I make this suggestion. Scatterer has some issues with OpenGL macs run opengl by default. Could that be the problem? Also it is very possible that I am the only mac user to be trying to run SVE in 1.1 right now. Its a long shot. But if there are any other Mac users out there please speak up! Are you having these problems too? 

Jool

xvAJTj3.png

Eve

HDjXegX.png

It might be OGL but I can't test it given I run Windows

8 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

It might be OGL but I can't test it given I run Windows

you can force OGL in the steam loader. 

Edited by sp1989

far as i know forceing any mode other than default not working. for me open gl andd dx11 forceing would cause it to freeze on random part and not counting the background while loading was a bright pink which is never good.

4 minutes ago, sidfu said:

far as i know forceing any mode other than default not working. for me open gl andd dx11 forceing would cause it to freeze on random part and not counting the background while loading was a bright pink which is never good.

Macs default OpenGL and I don't think i can turn off OGL

13 minutes ago, sidfu said:

if its default there shouldnt be a problem. as game will be designed for that but on windows game is dx9 i think maybe dx10

Just because something is default, doesn't mean there won't be a problem :P This is a pre-release after all. KSP for Windows run default on DirectX 9

22 hours ago, Shadriss said:

@Nhawks17 - I have Photoshop available, latest build. If it's just a matter of some texture manipulation, I could likely provide some assistance there if it's a relatively simple process. From the sound of it there, he already knows of a solution for PS, but either doesn't have access or doesn't want to pay for PS, which I guess amounts to the same thing. Either way, if you need help and I can do so, just say the word. I'll give contact data SEPCOR if you're interested.

EDIT: Also available to me are the nVidia Texture Tools, which includes some cubemap related converters. All I'll really need to know is what, exactly, I'm doing.

I don't have a solution for photoshop, but I think NHawks might. However, neither of us currently have photoshop. I'm having trouble finding a Gimp based solution, in part because I'm not quite sure exactly what it is I'm looking for. Also, I'm busy between schoolwork and working on my hyperloop team. shameless plug here, but you should check out http://www.rloop.org if you haven't already.

43 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

I don't have a solution for photoshop, but I think NHawks might. However, neither of us currently have photoshop. I'm having trouble finding a Gimp based solution, in part because I'm not quite sure exactly what it is I'm looking for. Also, I'm busy between schoolwork and working on my hyperloop team. shameless plug here, but you should check out http://www.rloop.org if you haven't already.

Well I do have photoshop I was just looking for someone to pass the torch onto for that part of the project.

4 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Well I do have photoshop I was just looking for someone to pass the torch onto for that part of the project.

Willing, if it's a relatively simple process. I did a lot of texture work back in the Jedi Academy (and JK2) days, but those were all single layer textures. If you can direct me to a simple tutorial (or, even better, specific directions using the currently installed assets), I have both PS and the nVidia tools to go with it, which I know has at least SOME cube map related items. Standing by for word...

EDIT: Also, I feel compelled to point out that PSCS6 is availiable from Adobe direct for about 10 a month on a recurring subscription. I know not everyone has the money to do so, but in case this had escaped your notice, I thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by Shadriss

I know you've heard me fanboying out over SVE on stream, Nhawks. But man, I just want to put my appreciation for what you are doing with it here in the topic.

As a streamer I very much value the presentation, and SVE just helps improve the presentation of KSP so so much. So thank you for maintaining SVE and bringing such fantastic visuals to a stock scale. <3

And deeeefinitely looking forward to that next update. :wink: 

First, let me say that this mod is simply gorgeous! You've done an incredible job revamping the stock system without sacrificing too much performance. So, thank you for continuing to update this mod into 1.1 pre-release.

Now, I have seen one problem with mod so far: Eve looks far too pink (Ignore my ship undergoing unplanned disassembly):

DoIkwEB.png

vKuaPYy.png

I am running the latest 1.1 pre-release, Windows 64 bit version. I am also using the High-Resolution version of SVE.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

stranz he in process of redoing alot of stuff so that should fix that issue. have u tried adustingg the color yourself? just backup the .cfg and see if u can get it a color u llike.

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

So i was playing around with the new wip jool textures in 1.1 and lemme tell you, it looks amazing :D

Where is that texture from?  SVE?  Looks pretty cool

Edited by Berlin