Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

3 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

So if thats the case then it seems I am the only person trying to run SVE for 1.1 on mac. Because if OGL is the problem then it should be affecting all macs. 

there's something wrong with your files, but I'm not sure if it's connected to your mega city issue. see my post just above this one. gonna try OSX tomorrow, right now I have to take care of some other stuff.

@Nhawks17, @rbray89, @Berlin, @blackrack or anyone else seeing this, do any of you want to try testing @sp1989's gamedata folder to verify what I'm seeing?

2 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

@sp1989, I'm seeing some weird stuff. When I use your GameData, as is, I get no clouds whatsoever, but also no MegaCity Kerbin. When I use the files I downloaded, out of my working GameData, (but only SVE and Scatterer), I have no issues. Full clouds, no megacity, it just works. so something's wrong with your files. Whether this issue is linked to megacity I couldn't tell you. I can suggest deleting the .DS_Store files, they're weird OSX stuff that seems to only cause issues wherever they go.

That's what I was going to suggest but I don't know anything about macs.  That file just looked weird to me lol

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

@sp1989 seriously, do what rbray is suggesting. Go into steam, right click on KSP and click Delete Local Content. Then, go back to where you had it installed and make sure EVERYTHING is gone, I mean EVERYTHING. Once you've done that reinstall the game through Steam and install SVE by itself.

^^^^^^THIS @sp1989. SO MUCH THIS.

Just now, gkorgood said:

there's something wrong with your files, but I'm not sure if it's connected to your mega city issue. see my post just above this one. gonna try OSX tomorrow, right now I have to take care of some other stuff.

@Nhawks17, @rbray89, @Berlin, @blackrack or anyone else seeing this, do any of you want to try testing @sp1989's gamedata folder to verify what I'm seeing?

If it's breaking on Windows it's probably something he's done to his files. He just needs to delete everything completely and start over

1 minute ago, gkorgood said:

I'll test it right now

7 minutes ago, Berlin said:

@gkorgood have you tested out the new SVE on Windows yet?  Did you notice less volumetric clouds? I just want to see if anyone else is having his happen before nhawks plays detective. 

I have. working fine for me. I don't really pay attention to how many clouds, just how they look, and I've opened and closed KSP so many times tonight I haven't been checking. so idk.

I'll test it right now.

Thx

Edited by gkorgood

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

I have a Mac I can test this on. I just need to download steam and install KSP... Who knows how long it'll take but I'll test it shortly.

shouldn't take too long. both are relatively quick downloads. anywho, I'm signing off for the night. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Just now, gkorgood said:

shouldn't take too long. both are relatively quick downloads. anywho, I'm signing off for the night. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Not when you're on crappy Uni wifi :P 

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Not when you're on crappy Uni wifi :P 

I have Hughesnet satellite Internet.  It's so slow and I'm a graphic designer.  I have a ton of clients and can't seem to get stuff to them fast enough.  I feel your pain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE v0.6.1 [KSP 1.1]

- Increased volumetric clouds on Kerbin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glory to the floofy clouds!

Aaand SVE is working completely fine on my Mac @sp1989 so it's something you've done to your files.

35 minutes ago, Berlin said:

@Nhawks17 So I hate bearing bad news... The clouds are there,  that's good,  but they are really low.  In the ground actually. ArSVBkx.png6Gh4RH2.png0gqBMcA.png

its hard to get a good angle on it. is it a cfg I can edit?

Are you sure its not the angle? Sorta looks like it is

@Nhawks17 @rbray89 @Berlin @gkorgood

I have to thank you all immensely for your hard work. The effort you all have put in to help just me has been truly appreciated and the care by you have all given just galvanizes my love for the KSP community. Sadly though I deleted local content through steam and reinstalled ksp. I have deleted everything from my ksp folder, then deleted the local content through steam and then reinstalled it through steam. I installed just SVE and alas its still mega-city kerbin. I just don't know what is wrong and I feel I am following all of your instructions correctly. This is immensely frustrating but I am sure I will eventually resolve it by discovering some stupid error in the future. Please don't give up on me because maybe there is something we are all missing but it just seems like I am a no go for using SVE at the moment. I will keep trying, out of curiosity I am going to see if I can get it to work in 1.0.5 but I doubt that it will even load. Ill make sure to use the proper version. Thank you all again. 

14 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Are you sure its not the angle? Sorta looks like it is

it only looks like that during sunset/sunrise I cant notice it when the sun is at its highest. ill keep testing tonight and let you know. this looks great

@Nhawks17

Alright so SVE works in my 1.0.5. I don't see any city lights but, 100% mega-city kerbin is completely gone. I don't really see any other city textures anywhere. But it all looks good. So now I am at a total loss. 

BF0nbtm.png

y4mJhTS.png

PjpNOfG.png

6 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

@Nhawks17

Alright so SVE works in my 1.0.5. I don't see any city lights but, 100% mega-city kerbin is completely gone. I don't really see any other city textures anywhere. But it all looks good. So now I am at a total loss. 

BF0nbtm.png

y4mJhTS.png

PjpNOfG.png

I dunno man :/ It worked fine on my Mac, looked just like it does on my PC. Do you have a Mac with an integrated GPU or is it a dedicated one?

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

SVE v0.6.1 [KSP 1.1]

- Increased volumetric clouds on Kerbin

Glory to the floofy clouds!

Aaand SVE is working completely fine on my Mac @sp1989 so it's something you've done to your files.

It's a mid 2012 Mbp so it's an integrated gpu 

L38VlPe.pngR4EkmW6.pngBUYb1t5.png

@Nhawks17 there are definitely clouds moving through KSC and its wrecking my performance pretty badly. :( usually get about 80-90FPS at KSC now I'm getting 13fps at launch. ;.;. As I move the camera around I can make out clouds or fog as shown above. they drift very slowly toward the water.vp5IxOZ.png

Edited by Berlin

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

@Nhawks17 something is definitely moving through KSC and its wrecking my FPS. I usually get about 80-90FPS at KSC. As I move the camera around I can make out clouds as shown above. they drift very slowly toward the water.

Thats usually what happens when you add more volumetric clouds.

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

Thats usually what happens when you add more volumetric clouds.

Yeah I understand that.  I just didn't describe it well but something isn't right there lol.  I replaced the clouds cfg with the cfg from 5.8 UR and it was fine. 

Edited by Berlin

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

Yeah I understand that but something isn't right there lol.  I replaced the clouds cfg with the cfg from 5.8 UR and the issue went away. I'll just use it until it's looked at

Mrhawks got rid of the clouds that follow you every where you go, as you can see in this video on the top left. They follow you in scaled space and look gross, but on the ground they look good. That might be the thing you're missing.

Also... In mr meebs words

*Shameless Plug* :3  

Edited by sDaZe

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

Mrhawks got rid of the clouds that follow you every where you go, as you can see in this video on the top left. They follow you in scaled space and look gross, but on the ground they look good.

They don't follow though.  they are just very low set clouds.  Almost looks like a fog at KSC.  I know what you are saying but I don't know that it pertains to what I'm reporting. I'm sure I'll figure it out 

Edited by Berlin