Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Never mind i was check my self. For who have problem like @sp1989 main.dds it need to be replace:

StockVisualEnhancements_0.6.3-LR
StockVisualEnhancements_0.6.3-MR

temporary fix till @Nhawks17 it will bring new pack

51 minutes ago, Blacks said:

================================================================================
main.dds
 ... DXT5 4096x8192 => DXT5 2048x4096    (32768 Kb => 8192 Kb)  => Resized

================================================================================
main.dds
 ... DXT5 4096x8192 => DXT5 2048x4096    (32768 Kb => 8192 Kb)  => Resized

main2k.dds & main4k.dds in zip file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3bFNvLWIwRF9vbDg/view?usp=sharing

51 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Edited by Blacks

5 hours ago, funkcanna said:

Hey! Love this mod! Just checking something - are the green Aurora-esqu visuals normal?  

Im using the UR version

Normal, though I do hope they get some love in the near future.

@Nhawks17: correct me if I'm wrong, but after I finally got a good close up of them last night on a near--polar orbit, they look like they are rapid-movement clouds in a set area of color, yes? IE< I can see times when there looks like thin and thick coverage of clouds, but moving very rapidly across the green colored areas, though the areas themselves never lose color or shift in any way. I don't recall this being the way they were originally... I thought that the colored areas themselves shifted in size and location as well. If not, ignore me, but if that was the case, is it going to get back to that look? Or at least something a little less static, at least so far as where those green areas show? Having them in a static location just looks wrong for an aurora.

2 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Normal, though I do hope they get some love in the near future.

@Nhawks17: correct me if I'm wrong, but after I finally got a good close up of them last night on a near--polar orbit, they look like they are rapid-movement clouds in a set area of color, yes? IE< I can see times when there looks like thin and thick coverage of clouds, but moving very rapidly across the green colored areas, though the areas themselves never lose color or shift in any way. I don't recall this being the way they were originally... I thought that the colored areas themselves shifted in size and location as well. If not, ignore me, but if that was the case, is it going to get back to that look? Or at least something a little less static, at least so far as where those green areas show? Having them in a static location just looks wrong for an aurora.

I'm a little confused as to what you're saying, the auroras are actually less static in 0.6.x than they have been in any previous version of SVE :huh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE v0.6.4

- City Lights texture mask switched to .png and scaled correctly

- Light detail texture adjustments

- KSP-AVC support added

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The holy blue text blesses you on this Friday

my apologies if I've missed this in a recent page, but is there a less CPU-intensive version of SVE? It's incredibly gorgeous, but my old laptop just can't quite handle it without my framerate going in the toilet. Alternatively, do you have any recommendations for removing cloud layers or changing anything in the cfg to make it run more quickly? I'm entirely willing to go poking around in there myself, but it would be wonderful if anyone else had any suggestions.

5 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

my apologies if I've missed this in a recent page, but is there a less CPU-intensive version of SVE? It's incredibly gorgeous, but my old laptop just can't quite handle it without my framerate going in the toilet. Alternatively, do you have any recommendations for removing cloud layers or changing anything in the cfg to make it run more quickly? I'm entirely willing to go poking around in there myself, but it would be wonderful if anyone else had any suggestions.

there are 4 versions on the download on main page each is differnt quality version

43 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

You can do a lower res version of SVE or try using the default EVE configs

Hello!

First, thanks for all the great work making this mod, it`s just awesome.

With the new 1.1 version of ksp I tried this mod for the first time. I had some issues installing it from ckan, but finally I manage to install it correctly (i had to do it manually). But after install other mods I´m getting some graphic issues; some parts of the atm and terrain dissaper at some angles of view. At map view it seems to be ok. So, I uninstall all the mods and begin to install them one by one. The "guilty" mod is RasterPropMonitor, but only if I enter IVA and use the monitors. If I dont use IVA there are no issues at all.

So, I know is not an issue of SVE but, someone else got this problem?

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Hello!

First, thanks for all the great work making this mod, it`s just awesome.

With the new 1.1 version of ksp I tried this mod for the first time. I had some issues installing it from ckan, but finally I manage to install it correctly (i had to do it manually). But after install other mods I´m getting some graphic issues; some parts of the atm and terrain dissaper at some angles of view. At map view it seems to be ok. So, I uninstall all the mods and begin to install them one by one. The "guilty" mod is RasterPropMonitor, but only if I enter IVA and use the monitors. If I dont use IVA there are no issues at all.

So, I know is not an issue of SVE but, someone else got this problem?

Thanks!

If this is an issue with RPM, please post the issue there so you can get proper help :)

I removed the city lights because I don't care for them that much and I noticed in the shaders folder there are also files for city lights. Should they be removed as well? if nothing else, to reduce system load?

22 minutes ago, Vorg said:

I removed the city lights because I don't care for them that much and I noticed in the shaders folder there are also files for city lights. Should they be removed as well? if nothing else, to reduce system load?

It would have little to no impact at all if you removed them.

The city lights aren't working for me and the day lights aren't their either The clouds are blurry and look bad now. It was working before the 1.1 was released. I was playing in pre release. Then when 1.1 came out, I reinstalled the newly updated SVE and now its not working

10 minutes ago, Rainstorm440 said:

The city lights aren't working for me and the day lights aren't their either The clouds are blurry and look bad now. It was working before the 1.1 was released. I was playing in pre release. Then when 1.1 came out, I reinstalled the newly updated SVE and now its not working

Pictures, logs, something other than "it doesn't work"

1 minute ago, Rainstorm440 said:

http://imgur.com/a/UhzLz

The cities that used to be under the clouds during the day aren't their anymore, and it looks realy bad.

The daytime texture was changed in the latest version as I didn't like what it was before but they are still there as I can see them in your screenshot. Also, the clouds look like they're suppose to, they just look strange since you're in the terminator 

1 minute ago, Nhawks17 said:

The daytime texture was changed in the latest version as I didn't like what it was before but they are still there as I can see them in your screenshot. Also, the clouds look like they're suppose to, they just look strange since you're in the terminator 

Oh. What does terminator mean. Also do I still need Koperconus.l I noticed that the recent version breaks it a lot and makes it look bad. So the cities that used to be under the clouds aren't their anymore?. So mine looks normal?

Just now, Rainstorm440 said:

Oh. What does terminator mean. Also do I still need Koperconus.l I noticed that the recent version breaks it a lot and makes it look bad. So the cities that used to be under the clouds aren't their anymore?. So mine looks normal?

The terminator is the transition from daytime to nighttime. Kopernicus is not needed. And the cities that were under the clouds ARE still there..... I can see nighttime cities and daytime cities in your screenshots

9 minutes ago, Rainstorm440 said:

Ok Thank you.

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

The terminator is the transition from daytime to nighttime. Kopernicus is not needed. And the cities that were under the clouds ARE still there..... I can see nighttime cities and daytime cities in your screenshots

Unsure if this is Scatter or this. But whenever I go into IVA and come out, the ocean like goes crazy. and I have to click rebuild ocean. Do you know how to fix this?

Clouds are not working properly. Both the volumetric and the clouds that are just a texture you can see in space are not working. I am using the version of SVE that is in CKAN, with the high resolution texture pack installed. I have also deleted the CityLights.dll. They were sorta working earlier, but for some reason this mod breaks in different ways every time you install it, even when you are installing the exact same files.

Update: Using a version of the plugins directly from Github made things worse.

Update 2: Using the versions of everything from Github crashes the game with a crash log that suggests I'm running out of ram, even though I have plenty and and using 64 bit.

Update 3: Not using either the Github version or the texture pack makes the game crash as soon as its done loading with no log.

Update 4: By mixing and matching files from different versions, I managed to break this mod in such a way that it does not crash the game, but it also does not do anything. Its like its not even installed, except for the ram usage.

I give up, I'm just gonna wait until you update this mod, that will probably fix it.

Edited by Space Cat