Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

23 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

Just curious, whats the main difference between this and eve? I don't know which one to choose.

8 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

This is a retexture of EVE, essentially. This one looks better in my opinion. Much better.

Essentially, what he said. The other main difference is that SVE is being set up with config files specifically to work with Scatterer for an overall better look.

I know im kinda annoying and repetitive but can anybody please help me?

Is there a way to make the clouds like in the first experimental? The last update of SVE makes it very hard for my pc to go trough the 4km base layer of clouds, i suffer enormous fps issues. After i passed trough the clouds all is fine again 

All help will be greatly appreciated !

23 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Essentially, what he said. The other main difference is that SVE is being set up with config files specifically to work with Scatterer for an overall better look.

Ohh, yeah, it's really pretty when you combine Scatterer. I'm not a he...

17 minutes ago, MetaframeNL said:

I know im kinda annoying and repetitive but can anybody please help me?

Is there a way to make the clouds like in the first experimental? The last update of SVE makes it very hard for my pc to go trough the 4km base layer of clouds, i suffer enormous fps issues. After i passed trough the clouds all is fine again 

All help will be greatly appreciated !

The old updates won't work on 1.1, and it sounds like the issue is just your PC. I don't think the author is responsible for that. 

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Ohh, yeah, it's really pretty when you combine Scatterer. I'm not a he...

The old updates won't work on 1.1, and it sounds like the issue is just your PC. I don't think the author is responsible for that. 

Well there is in the changelog:

Version 0.6.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1

Released on 2016-04-19

Increase volumetric clouds on Kerbin

So there is changed something, i hope there is a way to revert that but i don't have a clue where to start looking.

37 minutes ago, MetaframeNL said:

Well there is in the changelog:

Version 0.6.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1

Released on 2016-04-19

Increase volumetric clouds on Kerbin

So there is changed something, i hope there is a way to revert that but i don't have a clue where to start looking.

current version is 6.4 try updateing and see if it fix it. if they dont fix it try disableing the volmetric and see yoour fps. to me sounds like your computer cant take the clouds so either disableing volmetric or droping to lower quality will help it.

@Nhawks17  they removed that mod i pointed out. probaly  people should understand just cause its not on the forums dont mean they can sstill post stuff without following the licensse.

Edited by sidfu

1 minute ago, sidfu said:

current version is 6.4 try updateing and see if it fix it. if they dont fix it try disableing the volmetric and see yoour fps. to me sounds like your computer cant take the clouds so either disableing volmetric or droping to lower quality will help it.

Ive got the latest version. Thats when the FPS issues started happening.

I would love to disable volumetric or drop the quality of the clouds, but how?
Can you please help me/tell me how i do that?

5 minutes ago, MetaframeNL said:

Ive got the latest version. Thats when the FPS issues started happening.

I would love to disable volumetric or drop the quality of the clouds, but how?
Can you please help me/tell me how i do that?

click on the big download button on main age and pick a quality. start at LQ or low quality and work your way up till u find one that dont lag u. to disable volmetirc u can do it ingame by opening the gui but i always forget the keys :0.0:.

if u didnt have this issue before but started after he redid the cfg and such either u useing to high a qulaity for your computer or yoiur vid card cant handle the volmetrics.

the abrevaitions are

LQ  low quality

MQ medium quality

HQ high quality

UQ ultra quality

Edited by sidfu

7 minutes ago, sidfu said:

click on the big download button on main age and pick a quality. start at LQ or low quality and work your way up till u find one that dont lag u. to disable volmetirc u can do it ingame by opening the gui but i always forget the keys :0.0:.

if u didnt have this issue before but started after he redid the cfg and such either u useing to high a qulaity for your computer or yoiur vid card cant handle the volmetrics.

I guess its the volumetric clouds, so i have to disable that because i can run it in high after the clouds. So the search to find the keys for the GUI begins here! :D

(alt-N?)

Edited by MetaframeNL

9 minutes ago, MetaframeNL said:

I guess its the volumetric clouds, so i have to disable that because i can run it in high after the clouds. So the search to find the keys for the GUI begins here! :D

(alt-N?)

ALT+0. Navigate to the clouds config, and either disable the volume clouds (radio button) or lower the Area values. Don't forget to hit apply and save.

3 hours ago, rbray89 said:

ALT+0. Navigate to the clouds config, and either disable the volume clouds (radio button) or lower the Area values. Don't forget to hit apply and save.

Is it called something different than volume clouds, i can't find it in the options :/ (just reinstalled the latest version)

Just now, MetaframeNL said:

Is it called something different than volume clouds, i can't find it in the options :/ (just reinstalled the latest version)

Navigate over to the cloud manager section and click on the Kerbin-MainClouds and Kerbin-CirrusClouds layers and disable the volumetrics on each layer and hit apply

Hey, Nhawks... just want to let you know that our talented friend and associate sDaZe helped me with the installation of the KSPRC textures and integrating them with SVE (even despite my endless questions). If I may suggest, anybody who reads this whom has the ability to grant reputation (or another fine reward) should provide him with some. Folks like sDaZe are a refreshing reminder of the excellent community that we have here in these forums!

Once again, thank you sDaZe, and thank you Nhawk!

1 hour ago, fallout2077 said:

Hey, Nhawks... just want to let you know that our talented friend and associate sDaZe helped me with the installation of the KSPRC textures and integrating them with SVE (even despite my endless questions). If I may suggest, anybody who reads this whom has the ability to grant reputation (or another fine reward) should provide him with some. Folks like sDaZe are a refreshing reminder of the excellent community that we have here in these forums!

Once again, thank you sDaZe, and thank you Nhawk!

Which textures from KSPRC? If we're talking the actual ground textures, this may be something that everyone could benefit from, if you'd be so kind as to explain what you did. Also, screens?

14 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Which textures from KSPRC? If we're talking the actual ground textures, this may be something that everyone could benefit from, if you'd be so kind as to explain what you did. Also, screens?

Nhawks, would it be possible for the OP to have the instructions regarding the integration of Proot's textures into SVE? Of course, I (or you) would ask Proot first. And I'll be sure to post a decent "tutorial" once I definitely get the textures working in SVE, Shadriss.

1 hour ago, Shadriss said:

Yeah were talking actual ground and scaled space textures. I can give a quick run down of how to install them. 

Step 1: download sve ( Whatever version you want ) 

Step 2: Download the latest version of KSPRC

Step 3: Download the latest version of Kopernicus 

Step 4: Download the latest version of Texture Replacer

Step 5: Place KSPRC, SVE, Texture Replacer and Kopernicus into your Gamedata folder

Step 6: Go into the KSPRC folder and delete the following: Assets, Atmospheres, City Lights, Flags ( If you want ), KopernicusExpansion, Plugins, KSPRC_LensFlare , Textures, windowedIVA

Step 7: Move all of the files from Texture Replacer - Defualt into the Texture Replacer in your gamedata 

At this point your folder should look like this:

56T1jER.png

Now, go into the Kopernicus folder and delete the: Glow, jool_ring and particle. The folder should now look like this:

nSP85Wx.png

Load up the game and everything should work! 

Edit: If Proot does not want me to post how to do this, I will gladly take this down. Also 1.1 just came out so there could be some changes that break this, because they changed some shader things in this update. 

Edited by sDaZe

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

Yeah were talking actual ground and scaled space textures. I can give a quick run down of how to install them. 

Step 1: download sve ( Whatever version you want ) 

Step 2: Download the latest version of KSPRC

Step 3: Download the latest version of Kopernicus 

Step 4: Place KSPRC, SVE and Kopernicus into your Gamedata folder

Step 5 Go into the KSPRC folder and delete the following: Assets, Atmospheres, City Lights, Flags ( If you want ), KopernicusExpansion, Plugins, KSPRC_LensFlare , Textures, windowedIVA

At this point your folder should look like this:

56T1jER.png

Now, go into the Kopernicus folder and delete the: Glow, jool_ring and particle. The folder should now look like this:

nSP85Wx.png

Load up the game and everything should work! 

What I did was just take the textures from ksprc in the texture replacer default folder,  put them in my TR default folder. No need for kopernicus 85DErh3.png

This is just scaled space though

Turned out OK I'd say. 

Edited by Berlin

3 minutes ago, Berlin said:

What I did was just take the textures from ksprc in the texture replacer default folder.  And put them in my default folder. No need for kopernicus 

Turned out OK I'd say. 

I forgot to mention that, but when you get close to the planet the textures disappear 

Edited by sDaZe