Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

26 minutes ago, Fwiffo said:

@Nhawks17 wow that was a quick reply!

Oh, bugger.  I thought in the old version it was just two textures that rotated around the planet in opposite directions (or different speeds).  One was a sparse pattern of lightning strikes, the other was a mask that would make most of the first texture transparent except for a few random holes that would occasionally line up with the strikes in the first to create "flashes of light".  Or something like that.

No worries - I'd never try to impose my views on 'ya, just bringing up ideas / feedback.

btw Just tried your mod plus scatterer, it does seem to make the city lights look better (at the cost of worsening #1).  Can't wait to see what your revamp will bring.

Since I forgot to say so before, thanks a ton for all your hard work on this mod.

I haven't looked into how Astronomer did the lightning before but it isn't possible to create lighting (yes lighting not lightning :P) effects in clouds yet especially on the dark side of the planet where it won't work at all.

Maybe I'm remembering something completely wrong here (likely), but wouldn't negative luminosity values give a glow effect? I seem to remember reading that in one of these threads somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Maybe I'm remembering something completely wrong here (likely), but wouldn't negative luminosity values give a glow effect? I seem to remember reading that in one of these threads somewhere.

A glow effect can be achieved by going over the 255 value on the alpha color value but that doesn't translate to the dark side of the planet. It's the reason why auroras are only seen on the light side of the planet.

I'm getting some NREs that have me confused.

They fill up the log whenever I'm in flight. At first I thought it was an issue of mods being incompatible with one another, but then I narrowed it down and found that it was SVE causing the exceptions. Testing on a fresh install with only SVE/EVE/Scatterer/MM (i.e. the SVE package) I get less NREs, but still quite a few.

It's worth noting that I have no immediate issues in-game (crashes that might be farther apart without the exceptions, I suppose). SVE looks just like it should... spectacular. :) 

Modded log

No additional mods log

Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, algeo said:

I'm getting some NREs that have me confused.

They fill up the log whenever I'm in flight. At first I thought it was an issue of mods being incompatible with one another, but then I narrowed it down and found that it was SVE causing the exceptions. Testing on a fresh install with only SVE/EVE/Scatterer/MM (i.e. the SVE package) I get less NREs, but still quite a few.

It's worth noting that I have no immediate issues in-game (crashes that might be farther apart without the exceptions, I suppose). SVE looks just like it should... spectacular. :) 

Modded log

No additional mods log

Any thoughts?

On 5/2/2016 at 11:51 AM, Nhawks17 said:

Try this and replace your EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder with it

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Try this and replace your EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder with it

Doh! I can't believe I missed that despite sifting through the last 5 or so pages. Thanks for quoting yourself instead of scolding me for missing that. :D 

Anyway, it removed all the NREs but now my clouds look like a blocky disaster. This time I didn't miss anything, did I? :) 

OKpH7ro.png

22 minutes ago, algeo said:

Doh! I can't believe I missed that despite sifting through the last 5 or so pages. Thanks for quoting yourself instead of scolding me for missing that. :D 

Anyway, it removed all the NREs but now my clouds look like a blocky disaster. This time I didn't miss anything, did I? :) 

OKpH7ro.png

Oh wait crap.... I forgot... that has the new particle system in it now... err... You'll have to go back to the NRE spam version until I can get the clouds on the new particle system.

6 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Oh wait crap.... I forgot... that has the new particle system in it now... err... You'll have to go back to the NRE spam version until I can get the clouds on the new particle system.

Oh, alright. Thanks for the help. :)

I think i my have a solution for that, try get this

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip

That version it supose to not have implement new particle system, it will fix NRE spam & suppose to be compatible with SVE

Cheers

Edited by Blacks

14 minutes ago, DasBananenbrot said:

@blackrack just updated Scatter with some fixes. Since you made your own configs, I guess it's better not to just update Scatterer seperately? :D

I have not made my own configs? :huh:

27 minutes ago, Blacks said:

I think i my have a solution for that, try get this

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip

That version it supose to not have implement new particle system, it will fix NRE spam & suppose to be compatible with SVE

Cheers

Thanks alot! Working clouds and no exceptions. :)

I'll be sure to sacrifice a kerbal in your honour by launching them right at kerbol.

Just now, algeo said:

Thanks alot! Working clouds and no exceptions. :)

I'll be sure to sacrifice a kerbal in your honour by launching them right at kerbol.

Np glad it was work & @Nhawks17 you better set on favorite that link because probabill other it will need to :P till you will make a new release :P

i will give a kingdom for a new cubemap texture made by you or @Proot or @pingopete what to work with new eve release !!!

I'm trying to reinstall SVE with CKAN, but I only get a line instead of the box that lets me tick and install the mod. Version 1.1.0 is listed as "Max KSP version" and for the textures 1.0.5. Maybe that's why it won't let me reinstall the mod.

@Sheppard goo to:

1. https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases pick from v0.6.4 what pack you like UR, HR, MR

2. Extract ONLY StockVisualEnhancements to gamedata

3. https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip get that & extract ONLY EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements to gamedata

4. you are ready to start game

Enjoy it / distractie placuta

7 hours ago, Blacks said:

@Sheppard goo to:

1. https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases pick from v0.6.4 what pack you like UR, HR, MR

2. Extract ONLY StockVisualEnhancements to gamedata

3. https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip get that & extract ONLY EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements to gamedata

4. you are ready to start game

Enjoy it / distractie placuta

:) multumesc

The thing is I would like to use CKAN for all my mods. It makes keeping everything up-to-date so much more simple. If I install it manually I risk getting conflicts in the future with CKAN and I would always have to update manually. I'll wait a little longer until it gets updated on CKAN as well. If I get too inpatient I will follow your advice and get it manually.

5 minutes ago, Sheppard said:

:) multumesc

The thing is I would like to use CKAN for all my mods. It makes keeping everything up-to-date so much more simple. If I install it manually I risk getting conflicts in the future with CKAN and I would always have to update manually. I'll wait a little longer until it gets updated on CKAN as well. If I get too inpatient I will follow your advice and get it manually.

The CKAN stuff should be fixed, the people maintaining the SVE CKAN stuff said they did a week or so ago. I will not be updating the CKAN stuff myself so if it never gets fixed it never gets fixed :/ 

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

The CKAN stuff should be fixed, the people maintaining the SVE CKAN stuff said they did a week or so ago. I will not be updating the CKAN stuff myself so if it never gets fixed it never gets fixed :/ 

I'll post this then on the CKAN thread too. Hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks for the info and the great mod!

I'm getting a strange bug. For whatever reason Vall is completely black. I have a handful of part mods installed, as well as OPM and TextureReplacer, but the only textures I've replaced are Jool (using RSS's 8k Saturn texture for it) and used kopernicus to add some rings, and I've replaced the Mun to the RSS 8k Moon texture. The only changes I've made to SVE are with higher quality particle textures. The reason I changed Jool was because I was getting a black spot on one location of it and it was bothering me, however an entire black planet bothers me more.  I saw in the thread people with the black spot on Jool issue, but haven't been able to find anyone with an entire black planet so I don't know what the course of action needs to be.

I had an issue where after a brief timewarp, part of the mun went black, then all of it. Restarted the game and it persisted. Everything else looked fine. My quick solution (only other mod was SSTU) was to remove SVE.

5 minutes ago, shoe7ess said:

I'm getting a strange bug. For whatever reason Vall is completely black. I have a handful of part mods installed, as well as OPM and TextureReplacer, but the only textures I've replaced are Jool (using RSS's 8k Saturn texture for it) and used kopernicus to add some rings, and I've replaced the Mun to the RSS 8k Moon texture. The only changes I've made to SVE are with higher quality particle textures. The reason I changed Jool was because I was getting a black spot on one location of it and it was bothering me, however an entire black planet bothers me more.  I saw in the thread people with the black spot on Jool issue, but haven't been able to find anyone with an entire black planet so I don't know what the course of action needs to be.

1. Are you using the bundled version of EVE? If not, do so?

2. Have you tested it with just SVE alone to see if the problem persists? 

3. Is everything installed correctly?

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

1. Are you using the bundled version of EVE? If not, do so?

2. Have you tested it with just SVE alone to see if the problem persists? 

3. Is everything installed correctly?

With SVE alone I have not tested (didn't check Vall after I installed and ran the game to check the textures), I believe I overwrote EVE's base settings with the ones bundled with SVE, so I can get the latest version of EVE and install the base folder instead, and as far as I can tell yes, everything is installed correctly.