Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Just now, tree_tchoper21 said:

shouldn't i be able to see it at ksc and in the tracking station?

You should be able to see something at the tracking station yes. The loading menu no, that one is on and off and the devs dont really understand why. Where did you get your files from? From the SVE mod site? If so, there are two folders inside of that, SVE and EVE. Install both in the GameData of KSP. 

CM

1 minute ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

You should be able to see something at the tracking station yes. The loading menu no, that one is on and off and the devs dont really understand why. Where did you get your files from? From the SVE mod site? If so, there are two folders inside of that, SVE and EVE. Install both in the GameData of KSP. 

CM

i got it from github and i did install both of them.

5 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

CM

is there any required mods that aren't from this page

1 minute ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

i got it from github and i did install both of them.

At this point, remove the ones you have (delete them) from your GameData folder and re-download and reinstall:

http://spacedock.info/mod/58/Stock%20Visual%20Enhancements

Who knows, maybe something got corrupted somehow. When you extract the folder, you should see and install this:

http://imgur.com/vnR0ILW

Grab those two folders, copy paste them into the GameData folder of KSP. 

CM

2 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

At this point, remove the ones you have (delete them) from your GameData folder and re-download and reinstall:

http://spacedock.info/mod/58/Stock%20Visual%20Enhancements

Who knows, maybe something got corrupted somehow. When you extract the folder, you should see and install this:

http://imgur.com/vnR0ILW

Grab those two folders, copy paste them into the GameData folder of KSP. 

CM

i will try

7 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Nor was it intentional. Since you've done as I mentioned, though, you know I've been fielding a lot of questions like this for NHawks, and you can only give the same advice so many times before you begin to wonder. It's no reflection on you - if you missed those posts you missed them, no biggie. The post, though directed to you initially, was really more of an open letter to everyone in general. Apologies if it came off as other than intended.

No, I didn't know you've been "fielding" questions for him. If you do so then I'm not sure why you're complaining, just stop responding to questions directed at another user if it's an issue for you.  I didn't ask for your advice, and I didn't "miss" any posts.  If you intend to make an announcement to the community at large, please do so without directing them at myself.

Edited by Matt77

7 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Nor was it intentional. Since you've done as I mentioned, though, you know I've been fielding a lot of questions like this for NHawks, and you can only give the same advice so many times before you begin to wonder. It's no reflection on you - if you missed those posts you missed them, no biggie. The post, though directed to you initially, was really more of an open letter to everyone in general. Apologies if it came off as other than intended.

23 minutes ago, Matt77 said:

No, I didn't know you've been "fielding" questions for him. If you do so then I'm not sure why you're complaining, just stop responding to questions directed at another user if it's an issue for you.  I didn't ask for your advice, and I didn't "miss" any posts.  If you intend to make an announcement to the community at large, please do so without directing them at myself.

Let's all just take a deep breath. No need to get hostile over this. 

Just messaging to ask if this is normal? On Jool there appears to be a second odd layer above the atmosphere, which really sticks out. 

See here;

screenshot277.png

screenshot279.png

screenshot280.png

Any ideas? I should note that once you come very close to the atmosphere it goes away (see below);

screenshot278.png

Edited by Diddly Feelerino

2 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Just messaging to ask if this is normal? On Jool there appears to be a second odd layer above the atmosphere, which really sticks out. 

See here;

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot277.png

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot279.png

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot280.png

Any ideas? I should note that once you come very close to the atmosphere it goes away (see below);

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot278.png

Your probably on OpenGL (mac/linux), open the scatterer menu and increment experimentalAtmoScale by 0.1 till it dissapears.

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

May or may not be in love with the new Eve clouds

Yeah... Once I realized what I had created I was rather surprised it works so well. It does require people to tweak it for the best effect, but as you've shown, it can look fantastic when used properly :)

7 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Yeah... Once I realized what I had created I was rather surprised it works so well. It does require people to tweak it for the best effect, but as you've shown, it can look fantastic when used properly :)

Oh it doesn't just work well. It works wonders, it's so so so freaking good.

7 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Are you those sve textures or stock eve? 

The particles are from stock eve, if that is what you're asking about?

22 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

May or may not be in love with the new Eve clouds

Fsf0Yco.png

16 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Is... is that a bit of lush green I see hidden among those clouds too? It's so beautiful ;.;

Props to both of you...  this is amazing. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Is... is that a bit of lush green I see hidden among those clouds too? It's so beautiful ;.;

Props to both of you...  this is amazing. :)

It is :) Goes along with the green hue that Scatterer adds to Eve :wink: 

One thing I used to love in old EVE was the green tint that @Proot added to the edge of Eve's atmosphere. I can't find the old album with it but here's a video of his that shows it. I don't know if it's doable in Scatterer or new EVE though. At least, not yet that is. :)