Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

1 minute ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

i am having the same issue. i can not think of a mod that would interfere with your mod, especially when eve by it self works just fine.

Did you test it by itself though...

Okay then add mods until it breaks again and let me know which one does it.

here are the mods that are causing me trouble 

-kopernicus and/or the mods that make kopernicus work

24 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

im posting this again in case you didn't get the notification

4 minutes ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

here are the mods that are causing me trouble 

-kopernicus and/or the mods that make kopernicus work

Edited by tree_tchoper21

48 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

alright i had found that eliminating mods into a folder was faster and i also found that the mods breaking your mod are:

-kopernicus

-kerballoons

anyway thanks for the help:confused:

Is there anything different with the Scatterer version included in the lastest SVE download? The water on Kerbin does not look the same at all. With the 0.7.1 SVE download, I removed the Scatterer version I had installed in used the one included in this download. Is it not the latest version of Scatterer or am I missing??

CM

2 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Is there anything different with the Scatterer version included in the lastest SVE download? The water on Kerbin does not look the same at all. With the 0.7.1 SVE download, I removed the Scatterer version I had installed in used the one included in this download. Is it not the latest version of Scatterer or am I missing??

CM

"the one included" is just a couple of config files - for Eve and Jool. Kinda inconsistent and confusing, with EVE redistributed (without BoulderCo folder).

7 minutes ago, J.Random said:

"the one included" is just a couple of config files - for Eve and Jool. Kinda inconsistent and confusing, with EVE redistributed (without BoulderCo folder).

Ah ok. So I should reinstall the actual Scatterer and add those files to it, I presume?

CM

46 minutes ago, J.Random said:

You could read the install instructions and it wouldn't be confusing. Scatterer isn't bundled in the download because it is optional and not everyone wants it installed by default

38 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Ah ok. So I should reinstall the actual Scatterer and add those files to it, I presume?

CM

Reinstall scatterer and then just replace the two files that I include with my download.

1 hour ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

alright i had found that eliminating mods into a folder was faster and i also found that the mods breaking your mod are:

-kopernicus

-kerballoons

I'll take a look at it. Thanks for narrowing it down.

1 hour ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

-kopernicus

-kerballoons

Alright I'm unable to reproduce this with either mod. Make sure you have the latest versions of both Kopernicus and Kerballoons

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Alright I'm unable to reproduce this with either mod. Make sure you have the latest versions of both Kopernicus and Kerballoons

it may be my addons to kopernicus. i have opm and Xen's Planet Collection. also i have latest version of them

3 minutes ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

it may be my addons to kopernicus. i have opm and Xen's Planet Collection. also i have latest version of them

i can confirm that kopernicus by itself works fine with your mod just not with the addons. i will try to narrow down what addon causes it.

Edited by tree_tchoper21

9 minutes ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

i can confirm that kopernicus by itself works fine with your mod just not with the addons. i will try to narrow down what addon causes it.

okay it seems that opm was causing it

4 minutes ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

it seems kerballoons had boulderco in it, i must have put that in accidentally when installing eve. however opm does not have anything that was put there by me so i think that is the issue.

This is looking stunning, I've been messing around with the new noise deform and I can't wait to see what you do with it, aurora is finally moving like it's supposed too. Just waiting on a new method for adding glow. Maybe we can have thunder storms again too!

Couple of questions for anyone who can answer them.
Firstly I can see configs for the other bodies in the cloud.cfg but from the in game manager I only seem to be able to adjust the clouds on kerbin? I'm unsure if I'm supposed to load them in somehow or if I am completely missing something here?

Secondly I'm trying to add the noise deform to city lights I assume this would do the trick?

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
    OBJECT
    {
        body = Kerbin
        cityLightsMaterial
        {
            _UVNoiseTex = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/uvnoise1
            _UVNoiseScale = 0.01
            _UVNoiseStrength = 0.002
            _CityOverlayDetailScale = 20
            _CityOverlayTex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/CityLights/Textures/main
            }
            _CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detaildark
            }
            _CityLightOverlayDetailTex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detaillight
            }
        }
    }
}

Hmm seems I'm wrong... I guess the shaders for city lights cant implement the noise map yet

Edited by purpleskin

15 hours ago, BMot360 said:

8 hours ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

it seems kerballoons had boulderco in it, i must have put that in accidentally when installing eve. however opm does not have anything that was put there by me so i think that is the issue.

BoulderCo, you say?

I still have that installed from when I had EVE installed previously. I'll try removing it when I get home and see if that gets SVE working.

2 hours ago, purpleskin said:

This is looking stunning, I've been messing around with the new noise deform and I can't wait to see what you do with it, aurora is finally moving like it's supposed too. Just waiting on a new method for adding glow. Maybe we can have thunder storms again too!

Couple of questions for anyone who can answer them.
Firstly I can see configs for the other bodies in the cloud.cfg but from the in game manager I only seem to be able to adjust the clouds on kerbin? I'm unsure if I'm supposed to load them in somehow or if I am completely missing something here?

Secondly I'm trying to add the noise deform to city lights I assume this would do the trick?

Hmm seems I'm wrong... I guess the shaders for city lights cant implement the noise map yet

Yeah the uvnoise cannot be added to the city lights... I can't think of a reason it should be either. As to the ingame manager you need to go to the body you want to edit first and then manager will switch to that planet.

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yeah the uvnoise cannot be added to the city lights... I can't think of a reason it should be either. As to the ingame manager you need to go to the body you want to edit first and then manager will switch to that planet.

Ah I see, to be honest I was more interested in the fact that the shader still allows the texture to make use of luminosity. Not for use with city lights persa.
Oh dear, I expected it was me being stupid, that makes alot of sense. Thanks for all your hard work!DmHJBjm.jpg

Love the shots, but it does highlight at least one adjustment I think may need to be made - Jool. I like the colors and banding, but the atmosphere is almost making it vanish - IE, the blue tinge that is across the whole planet is making the green banding blend together so much that it's almost indistinct.

I simply have to share my experience from yesterday evening with someone... So I'll post it here as I think without your mod my voyage would have been only half so breathtaking. I sent a SCANSAT-satellite to the Mun and when I arrived Kerbin moved in front of the Sun so there was my first Solar eclipse witnessed from another celestial body. WOW!

I can't put in words how cool KSP looks with all the Visual Enhancements and Scatterer. A big "Thank You" to all you modders! Here's my album. Enjoy!

7 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Love the shots, but it does highlight at least one adjustment I think may need to be made - Jool. I like the colors and banding, but the atmosphere is almost making it vanish - IE, the blue tinge that is across the whole planet is making the green banding blend together so much that it's almost indistinct.

This is just from using the default Scatterer shaders for Jool. I'll make something better when I get around to making the custom ones.

5 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

This is just from using the default Scatterer shaders for Jool. I'll make something better when I get around to making the custom ones.

Figured as much - but it's always better to speak up than to assume it's already known. On a similar note, the volumetric clouds seem to have shifted radically... almost a mix of texture with volumetric. Each large cloud seems to be made up a odzens of smaller clouds, each of which has the same shape. Give a much more textured look overall, but as they all use the same shape, it's looking a little off. Side effect of the new EVE build?

21 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Figured as much - but it's always better to speak up than to assume it's already known. On a similar note, the volumetric clouds seem to have shifted radically... almost a mix of texture with volumetric. Each large cloud seems to be made up a odzens of smaller clouds, each of which has the same shape. Give a much more textured look overall, but as they all use the same shape, it's looking a little off. Side effect of the new EVE build?

What?

4 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

What?

Take a look at Hoover's second pic. If you look at the clouds he's above, there is a distinct shape to the clouds - or rather to individual portions of the clouds. It uses that shape repeatedly to shape the overall cloud shape, which I don't recall having seen before. Maybe it's simply more distinct than it was before and this was always the case. I only know I just noticed it with this most recent Coming of the Blue Text, and with it showing up in Hoover's pics as well made me more certain that it wasn't just me.