Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

3 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Take a look at Hoover's second pic. If you look at the clouds he's above, there is a distinct shape to the clouds - or rather to individual portions of the clouds. It uses that shape repeatedly to shape the overall cloud shape, which I don't recall having seen before. Maybe it's simply more distinct than it was before and this was always the case. I only know I just noticed it with this most recent Coming of the Blue Text, and with it showing up in Hoover's pics as well made me more certain that it wasn't just me.

Ohh that, yeah, I noticed that in my play test, I'll have it fixed in the next version. Didn't think it was too much of a problem to have its own update.

No worries, guy. As I said - I wasn't sure if this was a side effect of the new EVE or not. It's hardly an eyesore, but it was noticeable to someone who's been on this mod since page 29 or so. :)

Edited by Shadriss

As an FYI - OPM just updated in a major way, to include new textures on most of his planets. How does this affect us over here? He's launched a new mod (Community Terrain Textures) as part of it, and one of his ideas is to hit the stock inner planets as well. Maybe something that could work well in conjunciton with this mod, much as scatterer and (eventually) Kopernicus again?

9 hours ago, Shadriss said:

As an FYI - OPM just updated in a major way, to include new textures on most of his planets. How does this affect us over here? He's launched a new mod (Community Terrain Textures) as part of it, and one of his ideas is to hit the stock inner planets as well. Maybe something that could work well in conjunciton with this mod, much as scatterer and (eventually) Kopernicus again?

Err I don't see any reason why it would affect SVE. If anything it'll mess with OPM-VO by @Poodmund. Where are you seeing this Community Terrain Textures mod? I can't seem to find it.

1 hour ago, CodeFantastic said:

So I installed KSP 6.4K, and the clouds are now 20 km up, is there a way to change the height of the clouds in game?

Use the EVE GUI by pressing Alt + 0 (zero not O), navigate over to the CloudManager tab and adjust each layer to the height you want.

No real affect on SVE proper, as I mentioned - but since you were talking (way back when) about re-texturing the surfaces eventually, I figured mentioning this would be of interest to you. As for the new mod, the only mention I've seen of it is in the OPM thread. If you look at the end of the thread in his release announcement, he talks about it there. The CKAN download includes it now. No thread as yet, but he plans to have it up this weekend, according to that post. Again, it's mentioned not because of any conflicts between this and OPM, but because the two might work together quite well, as this and Scatterer do.

6 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

No real affect on SVE proper, as I mentioned - but since you were talking (way back when) about re-texturing the surfaces eventually, I figured mentioning this would be of interest to you. As for the new mod, the only mention I've seen of it is in the OPM thread. If you look at the end of the thread in his release announcement, he talks about it there. The CKAN download includes it now. No thread as yet, but he plans to have it up this weekend, according to that post. Again, it's mentioned not because of any conflicts between this and OPM, but because the two might work together quite well, as this and Scatterer do.

Ahh ok. I'll have to see how it is. The method that would be used for terrain textures in SVE was going to be through EVE but if his new mod provides a better alternative I'll have to look into it when the time comes around for that.

It uses EVE as a base, then adds a different set of clouds, scatterer settings, and (at one time/eventually will return) Kopernicus settings as well. So you end up with the EVE pretties, and a few more besides.

52 minutes ago, JediRangerkendor said:

I just downloaded this for 1.1.2, and for some reason the eve part of the mod isn't working. Any help?

Did you install using CKAN?

3 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:

First Mun, now Minmus. I get those strange city lights there. Have a look:

http://imgur.com/64udZBN

SVE 0.7.1 UR version, manual install.

It's an issue with EVE, nothing I can do about it unfortunately. And rbray knows about it so no need to report it to him :P 

22 minutes ago, JediRangerkendor said:

No, direct download from spacedock

Interesting. I'd recommend I full redownload and install. Make sure everything is in the right place :) 

Hi great mod only small problem as u know ksp 64 bit is working great so we don't have memory problem any more and i said to my self great now i can use ur resolution of this mod but i get low fps (30 to 25 in lowes)  in eve when im looking at the beautiful cloads. Is my asus 960 gtx not enough for this mod. Do i need ur resolution. Im using a 720p res for overall game play. Am i stupid or something? 

Ps: i know its gpu that lowering my fps because gpuz telling me but just in case:cpu core i5 3.5 ghz skylake. 8 gig of  ddr4 ram. Sorry for my English 

On 5/22/2016 at 5:34 PM, Nhawks17 said:

It's an issue with EVE, nothing I can do about it unfortunately. And rbray knows about it so no need to report it to him :P 

Good to know that. Could you also look into this problem: http://imgur.com/y7xpLz6 ? It is the same issue as with double cloud layer but with city lights. Sometimes city lights look very blurry.

5 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

Hi great mod only small problem as u know ksp 64 bit is working great so we don't have memory problem any more and i said to my self great now i can use ur resolution of this mod but i get low fps (30 to 25 in lowes)  in eve when im looking at the beautiful cloads. Is my asus 960 gtx not enough for this mod. Do i need ur resolution. Im using a 720p res for overall game play. Am i stupid or something? 

Ps: i know its gpu that lowering my fps because gpuz telling me but just in case:cpu core i5 3.5 ghz skylake. 8 gig of  ddr4 ram. Sorry for my English 

The volumetric clouds can take a toll on your GPU, I'm not familiar with the 960 so I couldn't tell you if it's enough or not. If you're running multiple visual mods you just might not be able to handle it.

58 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

Good to know that. Could you also look into this problem: http://imgur.com/y7xpLz6 ? It is the same issue as with double cloud layer but with city lights. Sometimes city lights look very blurry.

This issue has already been discussed. It is unrelated to the double cloud layer and is an issue with EVE that I can't do anything about either.

4 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

The volumetric clouds can take a toll on your GPU, I'm not familiar with the 960 so I couldn't tell you if it's enough or not. If you're running multiple visual mods you just might not be able to handle it.

thanks for the reply  what resolution should i use in Your opinion ? note that im using a 720p monitor? is this even relevant? do i see lower density cloads in lower res of Your mod? i see deference only in orbit but it could be just me.

PS: i use planet shine texture replacer scatterer and other not relevant mod  (i think)

53 minutes ago, Silent1_87 said:

thanks for the reply  what resolution should i use in Your opinion ? note that im using a 720p monitor? is this even relevant? do i see lower density cloads in lower res of Your mod? i see deference only in orbit but it could be just me.

PS: i use planet shine texture replacer scatterer and other not relevant mod  (i think)

The different resolutions do not have lower density clouds, it's just the size of the 2D cloud textures that changes. You can try using different ones to see if it helps. Having scatterer installed is definitely going to hit you performance wise as well. You can try disabling some of it's features (oceans, godrays, etc.) to see if you get better frames that way.

11 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

The different resolutions do not have lower density clouds, it's just the size of the 2D cloud textures that changes. You can try using different ones to see if it helps. Having scatterer installed is definitely going to hit you performance wise as well. You can try disabling some of it's features (oceans, godrays, etc.) to see if you get better frames that way.

thank you so much now i can stop cheeking different res hopelessly. and use only Ultra res of ur mod and check other things. hell i maybe peace with it i get rarely low fps. (lower Than 30 )

Edited by Silent1_87