Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

@Nhawks17 please don't explode bro, I love the work you did.   I know that 99.9999999% of all issues with mods is the users fault not the mod makers.  I think I did try a run without the eve configs tho and still didn't work as odd as that may be.     I'll try again just for excrementss and giggles and if it works awsome but if not well I got a working work around.... I'm pretty good (unlucky)at finding bugs that no one has created and won't create be because the stars aligned perfectly for me....   this actually happened to me with fallout 4 lol and I yelled at the game developer and told them quit updating ur excrements u keep breaking my modified game lol  because there was no way to turn off updates thru steam and no prior version to go back to.    I spent over a week doing manual code into the game to fix what there update did... I got to play for 3 hours , go to bed, wake up and new update just killed over 1 full 24 hours of game play destroyed half of my saved games.... totally was liquided off because I still to this day haven't finished that game yet....    this is no where even close to that bro.   Keep up the good work, we really appreciate it

@NemesisBosseret, If you want help, you have to provide the information requested, be brief and respectful and to the point.  And listen to the replies, take them to heart, and do something different than you did before.

You just posted many long replies, all effectively saying "Yes that's true, but I'm not going to change, and besides that...." then ramble on and on about stuff not about SVE.  Why would anyone want to spent more work analysing your problems when we already know what they roughly are and you aren't willing to do anything different.  You're being disrespectful of the others here and hogging the conversation.

Dude, if you want to ramble and maybe even sort out the problems with your install, PM me, maybe I can help if you're willing to adapt.  But all this isn't helping anyone and is distracting from Stock Visual Enhancements, which this topic is about.

@Nhawks17

Awsome it works great!    And looks beautiful!

Got one minor issue but I'm not sure what is causing it.     I've got a black hole on Jool lol.  It's where the jupiter super storm look alike is at.    It could of been there before and now Jool is finally rotated around to where I can now see it,  or maybe a tracking station glitch.  

Everything else tho works great!  

If I take a screen shot of it with my phone how can I upload this to the form so you can see it?     If I have to I'll email it you. 

46 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@Nhawks17

Awsome it works great!    And looks beautiful!

Got one minor issue but I'm not sure what is causing it.     I've got a black hole on Jool lol.  It's where the jupiter super storm look alike is at.    It could of been there before and now Jool is finally rotated around to where I can now see it,  or maybe a tracking station glitch.  

Everything else tho works great!  

If I take a screen shot of it with my phone how can I upload this to the form so you can see it?     If I have to I'll email it you. 

LOL that's not a hole! That's the eclipse! EVE adds eclipses. so does scatterer. Also why take a pic with your phone when you can hit F1 in game and take a screenshot?

Lol because I'm testing at the same time.   Lol btw it crashed!   So that's eclipses? Lol that's friken cool, I was going to say WTF it's moving! Lol

Lol I really should start drinking while doing this,  it might be epic comical lol

I've got a crash report btw I can upload if you guys want.   I would love to get this stable right now,   it looks so wicked cool with @Nhawks17 mod and the planet packs I got 

Just now, NemesisBosseret said:

Lol because I'm testing at the same time.   Lol btw it crashed!   So that's eclipses? Lol that's friken cool, I was going to say WTF it's moving! Lol

you can take screenshots and test at the same time. just sayin. you can hit the windows button on your keyboard and go back to the desktop and leave ksp running in the background while you upload the screenshot to imgur.com

ok so your game crashed, NOW would be a great time to upload the logs!

BUT before you do that, I would suggest, try starting the game up again and see if it crashes again. If it does upload the logs.

Doing that right now.  The reason I don't tab over is I'm running dual screen monitors but something in ksp doesn't like it when I do that even in windowed mode and I get sporadic non log forming crashes even when the game is not modded..   so I'm more stable doing it this way.   If I get a crash again I'll upload the logs 

yikes this crash log is huge and it wont let me copy and past it in    @Berlin    how do i get it in here when my google chrome is crashing trying to upload it?

I did the same on facebook group, but maybe I'll do it here as well
Excuse me, i'm going to complain a bit.

While I love what this mod do for the game, I really hate this green Jupiter.
13495636_1058431804225823_81802587864630
I know it's dimmed in vessel view with scatterer, but it's still green Jupiter. And maybe if Jool is meant to be ingame counterpart of Jupiter, it does not have to has (or has to have, whatever, you know what I mean) identical atmospheric features (come on, you know I'm right) You did great job with clouds and stuff, and then just put green tint on the map of our biggest gas giant. And there is soo many good pictures of random gas giants, just like this one, first green one found in google:
gas_giant_zeus_by_terranabassador-d32pdo
Doesn't it look nice? I think it does.

Thanks, that's it, I'm done, good night.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I just can't find it.  How can i remove the city and city-light effects on the Mun?  I don't want them anywhere but on Kerbin.  Thanks.

XLnqdxv.png

Edited by broberds

9 hours ago, broberds said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I just can't find it.  How can i remove the city and city-light effects on the Mun?  I don't want them anywhere but on Kerbin.  Thanks.

XLnqdxv.png

It's a bug with EVE, nothing you can do about it.

Hmmm... You show 1.1.3 compat in the thread title, and v0.7.1 as latest vers in the changelog, and thats the same version on SD, dated 5/18, for 1.1.2...

Is it possible with SD, to edit the KSP version, and nothing else on an SD mod entry?...

4 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

is there any possibility for sand storm in duna and fewer clouds. i think duna is very dry so clouds should be rare like mars. of course u can do whatever u feel right still i love it.

Sandstorms will be coming! I think however I am happy with the clouds on Duna so they will stay the same. Thanks for the suggestions though :D 

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Hmmm... You show 1.1.3 compat in the thread title, and v0.7.1 as latest vers in the changelog, and thats the same version on SD, dated 5/18, for 1.1.2...

Is it possible with SD, to edit the KSP version, and nothing else on an SD mod entry?...

Forgot about that, it should be updated on SpaceDock to show the correct version now. Thanks for the reminder.

1 minute ago, Nhawks17 said:

Forgot about that, it should be updated on SpaceDock to show the correct version now. Thanks for the reminder.

Kewl... I did not even know if it was an option on SD, or if you had to re-submit a file for inclusion under a new KSP version...(I know, wouldnt make much sense)... I only had one mod listed on SD, and had not needed to update for a KSP update...

I've created a thread for anyone who is trying to combine SVE and KSPRC into a visual pack that combines features from both. If you want that information please discuss it in that thread and that thread only, make sure to keep it out of Proot and my threads :D

10 hours ago, MaximilianPs said:

"Huston... KSS, we have a problem !" 

Any idea of which mod is causing this terrible effect ? 

I guess it's 'cause cloud mods  + (maybe) scatterer, wonder how to fix it.

hAnxbOB.png

Scatterer and EVE both add eclipse effects to planets. You can disable one or both.

11 hours ago, MaximilianPs said:

"Huston... KSS, we have a problem !" 

Any idea of which mod is causing this terrible effect ? 

I guess it's 'cause cloud mods  + (maybe) scatterer, wonder how to fix it.

hAnxbOB.png

Oh, no! It looks like a black hole! The fate of Duna is in our hands!

Edited by Wildcat111

13 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Scatterer and EVE both add eclipse effects to planets. You can disable one or both.

Ok, thank you, How to disable the EVE's Eclipse effect ?
I've looked a bit into .cfg but I wasn't able to find any parameter about Eclipse 

7 hours ago, MaximilianPs said:

Ok, thank you, How to disable the EVE's Eclipse effect ?
I've looked a bit into .cfg but I wasn't able to find any parameter about Eclipse 

Replace the shadows.cfg file in the StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/ directory with this one.