Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

14 minutes ago, MinerManC3X said:

I have but I've only managed to install scatterer. I don't know what to do with the maps in SVE

I installed Kopernicus(Ya, I had gone deep and did not tricked by two shell folder), scatterer(proven work by gui shown at start) and then extract SVE LR, seems no clouds?

Edited by ssd21345

28 minutes ago, ssd21345 said:

I installed Kopernicus(Ya, I had gone deep and did not tricked by two shell folder), scatterer(proven work by gui shown at start) and then extract SVE LR, seems no clouds?

How do I know Kopernicus is installed??

Edited by MinerManC3X

I'll just pop in and see if I can't assist you a little bit with the installation:

1) Download and install Kopernicus. This is purely optional, and not a requirement of SVE, but no Jool rings without it.

2) Download and install SVE. The EVE folder it includes is all you need. There is no need (and indeed, it's a bad idea too...) to install EVE seperately.

3) Download and install the most recent version of Scatterer. This has been updating a lot in recent days, so be sure it's the most recent. Allow it to overwrite SVE's Scatterer files - at the moment, there are some conflicts that @Nhawks17 is still working away at, so it's best to use the base Scatterer files.

4) Load in the game. DO NOT use the menu screen as a basis to determine if this is properly installed or not - on occasion, no clouds will show on the Kerbin in the background. This is normal. You need to actually start a game, then go into the Tracking Station. Does Kerbin have clouds? Yes? Profit.

KSP in Win32 has a memory hard ceiling of approximately 3.6 to 3.9 GB... this is not a RAM limit, it's a memory usage limit. Slightly different. If you are hitting this on startup, chances are you are running a large number of mods that include parts, all of which are loaded up on game start. There is no way around this limit, though other mods like Dynamic Texture Management may help you decrease your footprint slightly. Other methods include running KSP in OpenGL or DX11 modes, though these have a few side effects as well.

Hopefully, this helps you out some.

13 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

You need to actually start a game, then go into the Tracking Station. Does Kerbin have clouds? Yes? Profit.

The problem is I started whole new save and go to map mode/tracking station and no clouds shown. I have tried to download eve separately recently and I hope I can get the clouds tomorrow since I am going to afk.

Edited by ssd21345

17 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

I'll just pop in and see if I can't assist you a little bit with the installation:

1) Download and install Kopernicus. This is purely optional, and not a requirement of SVE, but no Jool rings without it.

2) Download and install SVE. The EVE folder it includes is all you need. There is no need (and indeed, it's a bad idea too...) to install EVE seperately.

3) Download and install the most recent version of Scatterer. This has been updating a lot in recent days, so be sure it's the most recent. Allow it to overwrite SVE's Scatterer files - at the moment, there are some conflicts that @Nhawks17 is still working away at, so it's best to use the base Scatterer files.

4) Load in the game. DO NOT use the menu screen as a basis to determine if this is properly installed or not - on occasion, no clouds will show on the Kerbin in the background. This is normal. You need to actually start a game, then go into the Tracking Station. Does Kerbin have clouds? Yes? Profit.

KSP in Win32 has a memory hard ceiling of approximately 3.6 to 3.9 GB... this is not a RAM limit, it's a memory usage limit. Slightly different. If you are hitting this on startup, chances are you are running a large number of mods that include parts, all of which are loaded up on game start. There is no way around this limit, though other mods like Dynamic Texture Management may help you decrease your footprint slightly. Other methods include running KSP in OpenGL or DX11 modes, though these have a few side effects as well.

Hopefully, this helps you out some.

No clouds at all, can you maybe put your GameData folder on something like Dropbox so we chould download it??? If thats even possible :)

@MinerManC3X @ssd21345 you could still be having an issue with RAM. I've noticed in testing sometimes that EVE will disable cloud textures if the game is going to hit the RAM limit. Make sure you are testing it with ONLY SVE and Scatterer and then let me know if the issue is still persisting. Also, please post your KSP.log and output_log.txt files so I can look at them.

Only seems to work for me on a stock only install, even Ultra on DX11. Seems like it disables itself on a modded install that was 2GB on spaceport, tho.

Also, got the bug where the clouds vanish around 60km. Seems like the debug is saying I'm changing from local to scaled mode while that's happening.

Edited by Temeter

@Temeter : As has been discussed, that's a bug from EVE, not SVE. We're still awaiting an update to EVE that will address the issue. As to the first thing you mentioned, I've never seen the mod turn itself off before, so can offer no advice. I run a fair number of mods, and have no problems running it aside from the "Amazing Vanishing Clouds" (Want a sunny day for your picnic? Just have a Kerbal Spacecraft in local orbit, and watch the rain clouds run!).

@ssd21345 : First, as I noted in my post, you DO NOT want or need the original EVE download. SVE includes a Dev version that is not available through CKAN or Spaceport (that I'm aware of). Additionally, installing EVE in that fashion will include a large number of textures you don't want either. Take @Nhawks17's advice, and try it with a clean, no-other-mods install. If that still doesn't work, then I can only guess that you have other issues somewhere that need addressing first, since there is no reason it wouldn't work if installed as I already instructed. Additionally, if you are using the Ultra version, try the Medium or Low versions. As has been noted elsewhere, the Ultra is intended only for Linux builds (at the moment), where that RAM/Memory limit does not exist. I run Medium myself on a GTX980/16GB WIN10 build... though I am subject to the exact same 3.6-ish GB hard ceiling as anyone else on a Windows build.

@MinerManC3X : Not going to happen. I refer you to my above advice to @ssd21345.