Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

[quote name='DuoDex']:)

Also, I'd like to take the opportunity to complain about stuff like this

[URL]http://i.imgur.com/somdvII.png[/URL] Those cities are ugly and blotchy and..ugh,[/QUOTE]

If you don't like it, then don't use it.

Mod authors do this out of love, they are not paid. I know of one author who left in disgust because of comments like this.

It would be much better to phrase it as a request, rather than a complaint.

[quote name='DuoDex']:)

Also, I'd like to take the opportunity to complain about stuff like this

[url]http://i.imgur.com/somdvII.png[/url] Those cities are ugly and blotchy and..ugh,[/QUOTE]

Hmm.... That's... really odd looking. I don't know what that's being caused by. Are you using the including version of EVE? Also are you using OpenGL, DX9, or DX11? They shouldn't look like that.

[quote name='Nhawks17']Hmm.... That's... really odd looking. I don't know what that's being caused by. Are you using the including version of EVE? Also are you using OpenGL, DX9, or DX11? They shouldn't look like that.[/QUOTE]

After a reinstall, that issue went away...but now I have weird white flashes all over Kerbin. Any help would be appreciated. I can give you a gif or video if you need. it.

Definitely using included version of EVE, also using Scatterer (the most recent version). On "release" version. Edited by DuoDex

[quote name='DuoDex']After a reinstall, that issue went away...but now I have weird white flashes all over Kerbin. Any help would be appreciated. I can give you a gif or video if you need. it.

Definitely using included version of EVE, also using Scatterer (the most recent version). On "release" version.[/QUOTE]

Gif or Video would be wonderful. Also worth asking if you're using Kopernicus and if you're using OpenGL, DX9, or DX11 :D

[quote name='Nhawks17']Gif or Video would be wonderful. Also worth asking if you're using Kopernicus and if you're using OpenGL, DX9, or DX11 :D[/QUOTE]

Using Kopernicus and OpenGL, hang on.

[URL]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByQDrsA9bbW5REU4QXJqMmYxYWM[/URL]

Apologies for my second monitor being in the stream, I could not figure out how to get OBS to work.

Open with VLC, I couldn't get OBS to work and VLC's streaming settings continue to puzzle me. Edited by DuoDex

[quote name='DuoDex']Using Kopernicus and OpenGL, hang on.

[URL]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByQDrsA9bbW5REU4QXJqMmYxYWM[/URL]

Apologies for my second monitor being in the stream, I could not figure out how to get OBS to work.

Open with VLC, I couldn't get OBS to work and VLC's streaming settings continue to puzzle me.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Well first things first, the video wasn't set to public so I can't watch it xD Second, since you are using OpenGL I think that may be the issue because I think I remember seeing that in my testing as well but I won't be able to check it until tomorrow my time. I'll look into it then and let you know what I find :D

[quote name='Nhawks17']Ok. Well first things first, the video wasn't set to public so I can't watch it xD Second, since you are using OpenGL I think that may be the issue because I think I remember seeing that in my testing as well but I won't be able to check it until tomorrow my time. I'll look into it then and let you know what I find :D[/QUOTE]

Try again? I think I set it to public-ish this time.

[quote name='DuoDex']Try again? I think I set it to public-ish this time.[/QUOTE]

Ok that might be a bug with OpenGL and on top of that the issues EVE and Scatterer are having with each other right now, I haven't been able to keep up with it lately but I'll check today to see if any progress on this stuff has come about.

Yeah, I got the same issues when I tested in OpenGL. Also seems that the issues surrounding whatever is causing the black sky / lag issues hasn't been fixed yet so unfortunatly I can't really update anything until those issues are fixed :(

On 11/25/2015, 9:29:29, officialmugi said:

Hey OP, I am working on some alternate textures for your Jool and possibly going to work on textures for the OPM planets (already have Neidon done), would you like to see them once I get them done?

Hi! Sure that'd be great! I'd love to see them.

And I'm now back everybody :P I do have a lot of things going on these next two weeks as Uni is finishing up but I should be able to finally get an update out by the end of the week!

Hiya! Sorry it's been so long everyone! Super busy as of late and I was waiting on some fixes for the mods. However, I am back! And SVE is better than ever. You can see the full changelog below but I feel like I've reworked everything :P Custom Scatterer support has been added to all atmospheric bodies (I'm looking into non-atmospheric ones next) and the EVE configs have been updated to match the newest layout EVE has. Oh, and the Overhaul version is being deprecated because we no longer need it, there is only the one version now and the versioning is going  back into "beta" versioning, just to confuse everyone :D Any who.... there will more than likely be another update within the next couple of days because Blackrack is finally releasing his beautiful ocean shaders within the next 24 hours, hopefully, so I'll want to mess with those things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE  v0.5.0

- Reworked cloud configurations on Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Laythe, and Jool

- Auroras on planets now have a proper glow (only on the day side, night isn't available yet)

- Custom Scatterer configurations have been added for Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Laythe, and Jool

- Eve cloud texture has beeb changed to be better/prettier

- Joolian rings are now at a 0° inclination per feedback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop confusing Jeb and decide on a versioning system! Download it anyways.....

Next on my to do list for this is to poke the ocean shaders Blackrack will release soon and to also redo how I implement the Jool cloud textures as I put in a very rough way and I've been putting off fixing it because it'll probably make me scream.

Edited by Nhawks17

Darn, that mod produces some awesome sceneries. And it works perfectly on DX11 without a bunch of bugs, that's a new one for me and visual KSP mods!

Some small nitpicking feedback: It feels a bit weird how the stars only become visible at very high altitudes, my jet managed jumps up to almost 40km, and, considering how much of kerbins 'roundness' you're able to see, I kinda expected to see stars (or some blue atmosphere mixed in), instead it's just a huge black sea. Otherwise, the black night clouds look cool, but they seem a bit too solid, almost like smoke blocking out the sky.

Otherwise it's supersolid, and I didn't even manage to arrive at other planets.^^'

Those are awesome! And yes, I do not like it either. I think it's something that EVE is doing and I haven't found a way to change when it starts, if I did, I'd change it in a heart beat, it definitely starts waaaay too high, especially on Eve.

4 hours ago, Temeter said:

Thanks! I see, so the issue is with old EVE. Well, it's not a dealbraker and distant object enhancement does make the whole thing feel more natural.

Not old EVE, this has been updated to the latest EVE version.

I can't remember if somebody asked you already, but do you plan on replacing the sun asset file to make it look better? 

Btw... Someones a bieber fan LOL  G3hSHfL.png   

On github XD

Edited by DaZeInBok

2 minutes ago, DaZeInBok said:

I can't remember if somebody asked you already, but do you plan on replacing the sun asset file to make it look better? 

Possibly. I haven't looked into it yet but I might :D

this is what i get in tracking station:

map mode was fine, I just misspoke. Although, map mode has some weird border at the day/night terminator on Kerbin, as you can see below. And all the other planets look exactly the same in both map view and tracking station, and I can't exactly tell whether SVE is active in either for the other bodies. any thoughts?

7RfTPNs.png

Edited by gkorgood

50 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

By the way.... If someone wanted to be totally cool and make me an awesome signature for the mod I would not complain *whistles*

I can do one. What is the height and width?