Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

2 hours ago, Grunf911 said:

Featured the mod in the first episode my new mod spotlight youtube series. It was so good i had to show it :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjh7ywNLocw

:o That was awesome man! Thanks for doing that. That actually helped me in the fact that I saw some things I need to fix ;) It also made me really want to find what is causing the black city light textures <.< And just so you know, as long as EVE and Scatterer update to 1.1 I will be doing so as well :) 

Got an update for yah... So my previous statement of saying there was going to be a project shift isn't valid anymore :P That shift is going to happen at a later point and you'll hear more about it when that time comes but for now things are looking to stay the same. This update includes some fixes to the way I had my EVE config laid out for the clouds and also includes tweaks to the clouds on Kerbin. Scatterer ocean configs have also been tweaked to fit the mod (at least I think they do). The extinction shader which gives the planets the Scatterer look we all know and love has been disabled on Duna until blackrack gets around to fixing it (this only affects Duna). Look for the next update sometime later this month as I'm planning on it to be a bigger one than what has been released the past few versions. Enjoy everyone :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE  v0.5.4

- E.V.E. configuration update

- Kerbin cloud tweaks

- Ocean tweaks on Eve, Kerbin, and Laythe

- Duna Extinction shader disabled for now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS BLUE TEXT. THE BRINGER OF SVE UPDATES!

2 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Got an update for yah... So my previous statement of saying there was going to be a project shift isn't valid anymore :P That shift is going to happen at a later point and you'll hear more about it when that time comes but for now things are looking to stay the same. This update includes some fixes to the way I had my EVE config laid out for the clouds and also includes tweaks to the clouds on Kerbin. Scatterer ocean configs have also been tweaked to fit the mod (at least I think they do). The extinction shader which gives the planets the Scatterer look we all know and love has been disabled on Duna until blackrack gets around to fixing it (this only affects Duna). Look for the next update sometime later this month as I'm planning on it to be a bigger one than what has been released the past few versions. Enjoy everyone :) 

SVE  v0.5.4

- E.V.E. configuration update

- Kerbin cloud tweaks

- Ocean tweaks on Eve, Kerbin, and Laythe

- Duna Extinction shader disabled for now

ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS BLUE TEXT. THE BRINGER OF SVE UPDATES!

What is broken for the extinction shader on Duna?

16 minutes ago, blackrack said:

What is broken for the extinction shader on Duna?

Uhh... I can't really describe it. I'll grab a picture of it in a minute but you have it listed under the known issues so I figured you knew about it?

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Uhh... I can't really describe it. I'll grab a picture of it in a minute but you have it listed under the known issues so I figured you knew about it?

Well, it used to not work at all that's what I have in the known issues but I thought I fixed that when I intoduced ingame atmo scaling and didn't update it in the known issues.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Huh... Well I've run into it doing this... Only planet that it is happening on and it goes away when you toggle the extinction

Ah I see, it actually happens with all the other planets now but Duna is the one with the highest atmo scale so it's the most noticeable, I'll fix it soon.

Great to see you 2 (blackrack and Nhawks17) working together. Each of you is creating a great mod, but together it is just breathtaking. Keep up the good work, I will keep a close eye on it.

Nhawks - would it be possible at some later stage to make configs for outer planets mod perhaps ? I guess i mostly miss Tekto as thick clouds  as Eve (except green). Maybe not in the scope of SVE but Outer Planets VE perhaps ?

Or give info to people that make it how you did yours

Edited by Grunf911

5 hours ago, Grunf911 said:

Great to see you 2 (blackrack and Nhawks17) working together. Each of you is creating a great mod, but together it is just breathtaking. Keep up the good work, I will keep a close eye on it.

Nhawks - would it be possible at some later stage to make configs for outer planets mod perhaps ? I guess i mostly miss Tekto as thick clouds  as Eve (except green). Maybe not in the scope of SVE but Outer Planets VE perhaps ?

Or give info to people that make it how you did yours

I plan on it yes, but how close I would be to making them, I have no clue. You can check out Poodmund's visual overhaul of the Outer Planets mod. They look phenomenal, I just can't tell you how much it'll impact your RAM usage (unless you use the workaround)

29 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Thank you for the shout out, bud! I should be cramming in a load of work over the holidays to get an Alpha out in the new year. Hopefully our packs look great alongside each other. :D

Tekto alone makes me want to use it. Everything else is just icing on the cake, it's looking phenomenal so far! 

13 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Thank you for the shout out, bud! I should be cramming in a load of work over the holidays to get an Alpha out in the new year. Hopefully our packs look great alongside each other. :D

Poodmund, when you have something that is workable, please let me know, as I would love to do a preview of the mod, in the same manner i did for scatterer and SVE. I do not mind it being WIP, and then maybe I will at later stage when all of you guys release them make a separate video update of all 4 mods together (scatterer, SVE, OPM and OPM-Visual-enhancements)

Beautiful work NHawks. Been using SVE for a week now and its been a total treat. Theres been one bug ive noticed however. When in high orbit and above half the clouds go missing. At first I put it off because I thought it might be a 64bit thing, but today I installed a fresh 32bit KSP and threw SVE in by itself along with its dependencies. To my surprise the issue remained.

0xYOelV.jpg?1

This is the ultra resolution version.

KSP

Output_log

51 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Beautiful work NHawks. Been using SVE for a week now and its been a total treat. Theres been one bug ive noticed however. When in high orbit and above half the clouds go missing. At first I put it off because I thought it might be a 64bit thing, but today I installed a fresh 32bit KSP and threw SVE in by itself along with its dependencies. To my surprise the issue remained.

0xYOelV.jpg?1

This is the ultra resolution version.

KSP

Output_log

Yeah I got that issue sometimes as well... It's more than likely an issue with EVE, I'm going to be testing the development version of EVE soon to see what kind of stuff rbray has cooked up and see what bugs have been squashed. 

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yeah I got that issue sometimes as well... It's more than likely an issue with EVE, I'm going to be testing the development version of EVE soon to see what kind of stuff rbray has cooked up and see what bugs have been squashed. 

Is it just the UR version? Because its constant on my end.

15 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Is it just the UR version? Because its constant on my end.

I've seen it on the HR and MR version. However, it was never constant. 

I see your logs show DX9. Try using DX11 or OpenGL and let me know if it is still happening.

6 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

I've seen it on the HR and MR version. However, it was never constant. 

I see your logs show DX9. Try using DX11 or OpenGL and let me know if it is still happening.

I can confirm that the bug persists when launching through DX11, havent tried OpenGL. I'm running the MR version, but also on a heavily modded installation. Seems to be an issue with EVE though.

--Update--

@Nhawks17 Issue persists with OpenGL as well, clean install and modded. Issue has to be coming from EVE, and as @Speadge said, I think it was fixed in the dev version of EVE. I don't know how addons are mde and what-not, but is it possible that this just needs to be rebuilt with the dev version of EVE?

Edited by Nekurokasume
Update

8 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

i think he fixed it recently - just couldnt get your config to work on the dev, so i switched back :D

2 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Gotcha. Well like I said, I'm going to be poking the dev version soon so I'll just have to release the next update with the dev version so that issue is fixed.

broken-f5-button.jpg

Edited by Speadge