Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

1 minute ago, Nhawks17 said:

Ah hah, yes, that's the issue then selfish_meme, just use the base Scatterer configs until I get the configs redone.

I dunno then, I haven't ever run into that issue, do you see anything that sticks out in the debug log when you load the SPH?

I'll run it again later and check the logs for you, the input stack lock looks like a development one, someone put it there to test looks like.

Just now, selfish_meme said:

I'll run it again later and check the logs for you, the input stack lock looks like a development one, someone put it there to test looks like.

The clear input stack lock in the Alt + F12 menu? I dunno if it was in there for development more than it is for debugging the game.

Hey guys, I am interested in using some form of visual enhancement.

So far I am looking at:

Environmental Visual Enhancement

Stock Visual Enhancement

and Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2.

I like that the first two are available via CKAN.

Any thoughts?

Realism/beauty being my main focus.

Thanks for reading.

10 hours ago, Bitmouse said:

So far I am looking at:

Stock Visual Enhancement

Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

I personally use the KSPRC (Kerbal space Program Renaissance collection) in stock ksp. It adds a huge collection of visual mods to look pretty. 

11 hours ago, Bitmouse said:

So far I am looking at:

Stock Visual Enhancement

Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

Honestly, the best way to decide which one you will like the best is to just try them out. Everyone is going to have a different preference to what they want in a visual enhancement mod. KSPRC is a great, great visual enhancement mod but it is very RAM intensive with all the stuff that Proot added so you'd need to take that into account. SVE is a relatively light weight enhancement compared to KSPRC but it doesn't add as much as KSPRC does. AVP V2 is not supported by the current version of EVE so you'd be on an outdated mod version but Astronomer's work is fantastic. And then if you just do plain EVE you'll be getting the bare minimum visually but it is also very light on RAM use. But still, the best way to find which one you like best is to try them out yourself!

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Honestly, the best way to decide which one you will like the best is to just try them out. Everyone is going to have a different preference to what they want in a visual enhancement mod. KSPRC is a great, great visual enhancement mod but it is very RAM intensive with all the stuff that Proot added so you'd need to take that into account. SVE is a relatively light weight enhancement compared to KSPRC but it doesn't add as much as KSPRC does. AVP V2 is not supported by the current version of EVE so you'd be on an outdated mod version but Astronomer's work is fantastic. And then if you just do plain EVE you'll be getting the bare minimum visually but it is also very light on RAM use. But still, the best way to find which one you like best is to try them out yourself!

Yes KSPRC only works if you only use a few mods. I run on 64 bit so i dont have any issues though.

Just found out if you -force-opengl you can run more mods, you have to tweak your vid card settings though to make up for some of the difference and have a newer/faster system because opengl is slower in unity engine.

Thanks for responses!!!!

Any more thoughts?

So here's something interesting with SVE.

aQcWbCU.jpg

Notice the lack of rendering on the bottom half of Kerbal?

Any thoughts?

I'm at 1920x1080 with -popupwindow option for borderless fullscreen window.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post bugs.

Thanks again for reading.

28 minutes ago, Bitmouse said:

aQcWbCU.jpg

Any thoughts?

Not a problem - its fine when you load into the actual game :) 

4 hours ago, Bitmouse said:

Just found out if you -force-opengl you can run more mods, you have to tweak your vid card settings though to make up for some of the difference and have a newer/faster system because opengl is slower in unity engine.

Thanks for responses!!!!

Any more thoughts?

My graphics card hates OpenGL so I use   -force-d3d11 . I find it saves the same amount of memory and looks much better than OpenGL. Some people have problems with Dx11 just like I do with OpenGL, so just try both and pick one best for you.

11 hours ago, Bitmouse said:

aQcWbCU.jpg

Any thoughts?

That's an EVE thing anyway not an SVE thing.

On 26/02/2016 at 9:42 AM, selfish_meme said:

Ok, the only thing I found was this in the logs

[ERR 21:30:06.806] [SurfaceObject]: Cannot return to original parent, it no longer exists.

[LOG 21:30:06.807] [Kopernicus]: Fixed SpaceCenterCamera

But this only showed up after exiting the SPH when I got the grass

Screenshot, the FPS is bottomed out at 30 and the physics is solid yellow, with a tiny plane

x8xfZ5o.png

Here with just EVE installed instead of SVE you can see my framerate hasn't bottomed out, and feels much more fluid, the physics was fluctuating between green and yellow

MVCq6o8.png

Of course this does not mean anything is wrong with SVE, it may be my graphics card struggling, and as you said it is loading much bigger textures, but I am not running out of memory, I have about half of what plain EVE has, anyway I just thought I should let you know what I found.

Edited by selfish_meme

I have as today the latest version both of scatterer and SVE, and below 200km in space above kerbin, clouds arn't showing up.They do in map view, but when I get out it doesn't work :( Any clue, or are you working on a new version that is compatible with newest scatterer. Thanks

I don't post screenshot, because it's just showing altitude, my crafts and kerbin with and without clouds.

Edited by JONYghost
justification for non pic

15 minutes ago, JONYghost said:

I have as today the latest version both of scatterer and SVE, and below 200km in space above kerbin, clouds arn't showing up.They do in map view, but when I get out it doesn't work :( Any clue, or are you working on a new version that is compatible with newest scatterer. Thanks

I don't post screenshot, because it's just showing altitude, my crafts and kerbin with and without clouds.

Run a little test for me. Remove your Scatterer, StockVisualEnhancements, and EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder and reinstall the mod. However, this time, install all of the SVE stuff first and then install Scatterer and overwrite everything (so you'll be using the base Scatterer configs) and tell me if using the base configs fixes this issue.

1 hour ago, dawidpotok said:

Hello.

Is there a way to extract sun from KSPRC and add to this mod? I tried many ways, but nothing works.

BTW: @Nhawks17 thanks for this mod, really great work, it`s my favourite!

I'm sure there is a way. I'm not entirely sure how the custom sun flares are done in 1.0.5 but I believe it has something to do with Kopernicus. Ask on the KSPRC thread, they'll know more about it than I do.

I just find a way to have better sun with SVE. Old fashioned way with editing shared assets, but it works flawlessly. I can make a tutorial afternoon if you like.

TzGpPtu.png

EDIT:

Oooor, just download sharedassets9.assets from THIS post and replace it. It should work.

Edited by dawidpotok
new info

RVE only contains temporary files for it as a framework for when I can get it working. The author of SFL offered to convert my texture to a unity object for me as I don't have unity pro but has yet to get back with the results. As he's doing it for me kinda don't wanna push him :P

Here's the epic 4k rendition I did of the old assets one, that I've sent to him :)

DCsaYio.jpg

I'm also planning to make a custom suite of flare components for the new scatterer sun flare system :)

Edited by pingopete

On 3/1/2016 at 7:24 AM, Nhawks17 said:

Run a little test for me. Remove your Scatterer, StockVisualEnhancements, and EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder and reinstall the mod. However, this time, install all of the SVE stuff first and then install Scatterer and overwrite everything (so you'll be using the base Scatterer configs) and tell me if using the base configs fixes this issue.

It does not. I have this setup as you describe and noticed this same issue yesterday. Since he didn't get back to you, figured I'd chime in.

EDIT: Ran a test to see when, specifically, the clouds reappeared/disappeared, and had them pop in at 150Km outbound and vanish at 160Km inbound. Small lag spike as they loaded/unloaded as well, so there is some kind of 'trigger' going on there somewhere as well.

Edited by Shadriss

5 hours ago, Shadriss said:

It does not. I have this setup as you describe and noticed this same issue yesterday. Since he didn't get back to you, figured I'd chime in.

EDIT: Ran a test to see when, specifically, the clouds reappeared/disappeared, and had them pop in at 150Km outbound and vanish at 160Km inbound. Small lag spike as they loaded/unloaded as well, so there is some kind of 'trigger' going on there somewhere as well.

What graphics API are you using? I'm not experiencing this which is weird.

6 hours ago, pingopete said:

RVE only contains temporary files for it as a framework for when I can get it working. The author of SFL offered to convert my texture to a unity object for me as I don't have unity pro but has yet to get back with the results. As he's doing it for me kinda don't wanna push him :P

Here's the epic 4k rendition I did of the old assets one, that I've sent to him :)

DCsaYio.jpg

I'm also planning to make a custom suite of flare components for the new scatterer sun flare system :)

damn pete. Looks amazing