Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

11 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

What graphics API are you using? I'm not experiencing this which is weird.

Tried in both standard and DX11. This is on a WIN10 install, if it makes a difference. IIRC, you do the same, so shouldn't.

8 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Tried in both standard and DX11. This is on a WIN10 install, if it makes a difference. IIRC, you do the same, so shouldn't.

Hmmm... Ok well... Maybe I'll have to do a small release before the full on release to see if I can get some of these issues fixed. Keep an eye out over the next couple of days and I'll post something.

On 1/3/2016 at 4:24 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Run a little test for me. Remove your Scatterer, StockVisualEnhancements, and EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder and reinstall the mod. However, this time, install all of the SVE stuff first and then install Scatterer and overwrite everything (so you'll be using the base Scatterer configs) and tell me if using the base configs fixes this issue.

Yes, same bug, no clouds below 200km if I don't zoom out maximum. I'm using the high resolution SVE set. No copernicus by the way. and I also have this bug on duna when ever I enter the atmosphere. (Image below) weird stuff, that did not happen with previous release of scatterer I think the new version of scatterer is causing this problems. I hadn't any cloud nor terrain problems when I first Installed this mod back in first week of February.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgpa5cavb3yn6xp/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-03-03%2020.53.13.png?dl=0

6 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Darksword - I have to ask, based on your Avatar for the VAQ - you at NASWI? Or just like the Ravens?

Negative, was for awhile but moved about 6 years ago, my Dad flew for 140, 142, and 135, made CO at 135 then in late 2009 was transferred to where we currently are, I'm hoping to follow in his footsteps in not too long. Now I have to ask, are YOU stationed at NASWI/KNUW? Edit, my Dad flew for the Ravens the longest so they are my favorite squadron as they were who he flew for the most.

1 hour ago, JONYghost said:

Yes, same bug, no clouds below 200km if I don't zoom out maximum. I'm using the high resolution SVE set. No copernicus by the way. and I also have this bug on duna when ever I enter the atmosphere. (Image below) weird stuff, that did not happen with previous release of scatterer I think the new version of scatterer is causing this problems. I hadn't any cloud nor terrain problems when I first Installed this mod back in first week of February.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgpa5cavb3yn6xp/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-03-03%2020.53.13.png?dl=0

I believe I may be experiencing this issue, I haven't tested altitudes or anything but I see clouds in map view but only cloud shadows in the normal craft view. I have my craft in an 100 km orbit.

Edited by JDarksword
fixed grammar

Ok, well I guess I'll release a bug fix within the next week to address these issues. It won't have any of the new cubemaps, textures, or custom scatterer prolands and configs as they aren't finalized or release worthy but it'll hopefully fix the issues you guys are experiencing. 

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Ok, well I guess I'll release a bug fix within the next week to address these issues. It won't have any of the new cubemaps, textures, or custom scatterer prolands and configs as they aren't finalized or release worthy but it'll hopefully fix the issues you guys are experiencing. 

Thanks Nhawks, I can post screenshots and video if needed.

18 minutes ago, JDarksword said:

Thanks Nhawks, I can post screenshots and video if needed.

Nah it's ok. The descriptions of the issue explains it well enough. I'll see if I can reproduce it and if necessary keep posting new updates until the issue stops for you all.

On 3.3.2016 at 11:39 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Nah it's ok. The descriptions of the issue explains it well enough. I'll see if I can reproduce it and if necessary keep posting new updates until the issue stops for you all.

Pls do. I basically constantly have the issue and this mod is sooo beatiful! :(

On 3/3/2016 at 1:33 PM, JDarksword said:

Negative, was for awhile but moved about 6 years ago, my Dad flew for 140, 142, and 135, made CO at 135 then in late 2009 was transferred to where we currently are, I'm hoping to follow in his footsteps in not too long. Now I have to ask, are YOU stationed at NASWI/KNUW? Edit, my Dad flew for the Ravens the longest so they are my favorite squadron as they were who he flew for the most.

Not an aviator myself - submariner. I'm as NASWI with NOPFWI for the moment, but I'm transferring in the next few months. Honestly, only reason I recognized it was because of the signs that get posted outside the gates every time one of the squadrons come home - the Raven in particular always remind me of Boba Fett's helmet from a distance. :)

On 3/3/2016 at 2:16 PM, Nhawks17 said:

No rush on this, Hawks. It's a small visual glitch that in no way kills the mod. Ain't like Kerbin explodes or something.

Hmmm... at least, it hasn't for me SO far. :)

12 hours ago, Shadriss said:

No rush on this, Hawks. It's a small visual glitch that in no way kills the mod. Ain't like Kerbin explodes or something.

Hmmm... at least, it hasn't for me SO far. :)

Well, it's pretty much the mod disabling itself. So it is a kinda big issue when tring to use RVE. ^^

8 hours ago, Temeter said:

Well, it's pretty much the mod disabling itself. So it is a kinda big issue when tring to use RVE. ^^

It's one PORTION of the mod reacting to code that we, as players, are not familiar with. The textures themselves are still there, are still being used... the code is reacting in a strange way that wasn't anticipated, nothing more. Also, perhaps you meant to say SVE vice RVE? Because installing both would be... somewhat counterproductive if I understand things correctly. Which I may not. Wouldn't be the first time.

Found the issue, it was just the EnviromentalVisualEnhancement plugins being too old and it broke something. Uploading a new release shortly that has the latest development version. You will also notice that I removed the scatterer folder from my download. Just use the default scatterer configs for now, I will have the full release version out sometime after 1.1 comes out and scatterer and EVE update to that. It should only be a month or so without having custom scatterer configs which isn't that big of a deal :P Keep an eye out for the update.

Just now, MrWalrus123 said:

This is one of the best "stock" mods ever... but how do you keep the city lights , but get rid of the ground textures?

There are no ground textures, those are stock

Okay, here is the update. Let me know if you guys run into anything else I might need to poke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE  v0.5.7

- Updated EVE to fix disappearing cloud issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I swear this is the last pre-release...maybe

18 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

There are no ground textures, those are stock

Okay, here is the update. Let me know if you guys run into anything else I might need to poke.

SVE  v0.5.7

- Updated EVE to fix disappearing cloud issue

I swear this is the last pre-release...maybe

By ground textures, I mean the "city" textures

29 minutes ago, MrWalrus123 said:

I'm assuming the update was supposed to fix the clouds disappearing, but they are still doing that.

You do have 0.5.7 right? I produced the issue myself and it was fixed with the new EVE. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

1 hour ago, MrWalrus123 said:

I'm assuming the update was supposed to fix the clouds disappearing, but they are still doing that.

I'm confirming as well -- completely removed EVE and SVE folders, and put in new 5.7 folders (UR). Running an x64 windows and latest scatterer.