Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

@peachoftree @rbray89 yeah that's SVE. It's the current setup of the configs. I'll have an update for that sometime soon that'll fix the overexposure issue. This is why I first asked you if you changed something in how bright the cloud layers were rbray :P But I've fixed them, just haven't been able to finish it up for a release.

21 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Is it possible that the problem is as simple as a missing folder? I downloaded version 5.7 just to see if anything was different. This is the 5.7 folder Enviormentalvisualenhancments plugins folder

Ef9CeW5.png

This is the 5.8 folder. It seems the PartFX.dll is missing

MCo4nVR.png

@Nhawks17 is it possible a missing file like that could be causing the over textured terrains? Interesting as that its only affecting me but still? 

It should work with the EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder that I have included in my download. I really don't know what's going on with your game :( 

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

@peachoftree @rbray89 yeah that's SVE. It's the current setup of the configs. I'll have an update for that sometime soon that'll fix the overexposure issue. This is why I first asked you if you changed something in how bright the cloud layers were rbray :P But I've fixed them, just haven't been able to finish it up for a release.

It should work with the EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder that I have included in my download. I really don't know what's going on with your game :( 

Is there anything else I could give you to figure it out? 

On 4/13/2016 at 11:27 PM, sp1989 said:

It just seems like too much. Its as if every inch of kerbin is covered in city textures. 

On 4/13/2016 at 11:46 PM, sp1989 said:

No problem. Just fyi I loaded up the High Res version and the same issue is still there. KSP.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcybc65bdg6owx6/KSP.log?dl=0  Player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

Also it seems like EVERYTHING has city texture. Including the mountains lol. Its kinda funny. The game works fine though no performance issues really at all. 

J70k1dU.png

rByAhMS.png

On 4/13/2016 at 11:49 PM, sp1989 said:

No I haven't updated to the most recent pre-release. I read the most recent build has bugs in it that make the game unplayable. I am using build 1183 I believe. 

On 4/13/2016 at 0:11 AM, sp1989 said:

Downloaded, installed and tested. Still super textured Kerbin. 

Pl1ZaM3.png

On 4/13/2016 at 0:28 AM, sp1989 said:

Ok I downloaded the most recent build. Its still the same it might even be worse. 4RqtLd4.png

Happy side effect kinda. At dawn and dusk the KSC kinda looks like Mustafar. 

b5Dgc6P.png

2 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Is there anything else I could give you to figure it out? 

@rbray89 thoughts? I can't think of anything else it could be. Logs are in the second quote

8 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

@rbray89 thoughts? I can't think of anything else it could be. Logs are in the second quote

Install KSP from scratch? Including Scatterer & EVE. Make sure to download all current versions again. Don't add any other mods and try it out. Add mods one at a time to see which one is causing issues.

32 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Install KSP from scratch? Including Scatterer & EVE. Make sure to download all current versions again. Don't add any other mods and try it out. Add mods one at a time to see which one is causing issues.

@sp1989

28 minutes ago, Clays said:

Could be just me but SVE clouds do not seem to be working on the latest 1.1 build. (build 1209)

Pictures? Logs? Need something other than its not working :P 

33 minutes ago, Berlin said:

It's working perfectly for me in 1209 @Nhawks17

what new build id 1209 ?!?!?! were when how ?!?! :P i gues was wront tipe :P aka you want to say 1203 :P

nermind i found changelog!!! i was forgot to turn on steam client !!! back to testing scrach what i say :confused::cool:

Edited by Blacks

@Nhawks17b6QRYEn.png

So I tried Endraxial's planet texture pack with SVE for snacks and giggles and got this :)

I removed the textures and the problem went away. I just found the old texture pack in a folder and wanted to try it.

no real issue just wanted to show you Martian civilization

Edited by Berlin

On 4/13/2016 at 9:08 AM, gkorgood said:

I haven't forgotten this @Nhawks17. Still doing research on Gimp-based solutions.

@Nhawks17 - I have Photoshop available, latest build. If it's just a matter of some texture manipulation, I could likely provide some assistance there if it's a relatively simple process. From the sound of it there, he already knows of a solution for PS, but either doesn't have access or doesn't want to pay for PS, which I guess amounts to the same thing. Either way, if you need help and I can do so, just say the word. I'll give contact data SEPCOR if you're interested.

EDIT: Also available to me are the nVidia Texture Tools, which includes some cubemap related converters. All I'll really need to know is what, exactly, I'm doing.

Edited by Shadriss

@Nhawks17 @rbray89 Ok so I reinstalled KSP. I verified the integrity of the game cache. I redownloaded and installed SVE and Scatterer. Here are my new logs. KSP.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcybc65bdg6owx6/KSP.log?dl=0 Player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

But sadly it still doesn't seem to be working properly. 

S9dSR0u.png

Tmzuac3.png

jAYOiwb.png

This picture in particular looks beautiful. Its just that I know its not supposed to look like that. Kerbin looks like the entire planet is a megacity all connected. I am probably doing something really stupid which is usually the case. So I apologize but if there is anything else I can do to help you help me please tell me. 

25 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

@Nhawks17 @rbray89 Ok so I reinstalled KSP. I verified the integrity of the game cache. I redownloaded and installed SVE and Scatterer. Here are my new logs. KSP.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcybc65bdg6owx6/KSP.log?dl=0 Player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

But sadly it still doesn't seem to be working properly. 

S9dSR0u.png

Tmzuac3.png

jAYOiwb.png

This picture in particular looks beautiful. Its just that I know its not supposed to look like that. Kerbin looks like the entire planet is a megacity all connected. I am probably doing something really stupid which is usually the case. So I apologize but if there is anything else I can do to help you help me please tell me. 

And without SVE?

18 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

And without SVE?

@rbray89 Interesting....I don't have anything with just EVE installed. No clouds. No City Lights. No City Textures. Kerbin is completely stock with just environmental visual enhancements installed. 

40 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

@rbray89 Interesting....I don't have anything with just EVE installed. No clouds. No City Lights. No City Textures. Kerbin is completely stock with just environmental visual enhancements installed. 

Did you add the BoulderCo folder though?

Just now, sp1989 said:

There is no BoulderCo folder in it the download I have? 

He's talking about using the 'stock' EVE stuff. Which includes textures and configs that he provides. Download this file and drop both the EVE and BoulderCo folders into your gamedata.