Jump to content

Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-


Nhawks17
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

One thing I used to love in old EVE was the green tint that @Proot added to the edge of Eve's atmosphere. I can't find the old album with it but here's a video of his that shows it. I don't know if it's doable in Scatterer or new EVE though. At least, not yet that is. :)

You might be able to do it with some custom Scatterer shaders but I haven't touched that yet because the tool is kinda tedious. I know it could be accomplished with EVE's atmosphere module but that's kind of been depreciated since Scatterer became a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Yeah... Once I realized what I had created I was rather surprised it works so well. It does require people to tweak it for the best effect, but as you've shown, it can look fantastic when used properly :)

So... is there a ''how to'' or a wiki for this customization?

CM

38 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

May or may not be in love with the new Eve clouds

Fsf0Yco.png

How... how did you do this!? :D

CM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't lie, NHawks. I can see the hand of the Blue Text when I see it. It is yet another sign of it's Next Coming. Prepare yourselves! The coming of the Blue Text is neigh!

Looks simply outstanding, guy - if you hadn't gotten that from everyone else. One day, when I get good at this game, I hope to see this in person. (I've yet to get outside of Minmus orbit... other planets are something that happens to other people.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2016 at 11:26 PM, shoe7ess said:

With SVE alone I have not tested (didn't check Vall after I installed and ran the game to check the textures), I believe I overwrote EVE's base settings with the ones bundled with SVE, so I can get the latest version of EVE and install the base folder instead, and as far as I can tell yes, everything is installed correctly.

Wanted to check back in. Found out it had something to do with the shadows settings set for Vall. I used the in-game configurator and just removed the shadow and vall showed up (I may have been viewing it while it was behind Jool, which is why it was black). Also have had issues with planet shadows making ugly marks across Jool when they crossed between Jool and the sun. Removing the shadows here fixed it as well. I'd love an eclipse effect, but this just looks like missing textures when it happens (except black instead of purple), and not too appeasing to the eyes. Either way, as this gets updated more I'm sure it won't be an issue soon anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update! Getcha update! I'm just going to stop saying that this version will be the last one until the release because things keep popping up. This update did take time away from progress towards the update however so be patient :) This update has the new EVE pre-release which includes some fancy new techniques that I'm not taking advantage of *yet* but I will have that implemented by the time the release version is out (trust me it's awesome). Everyone go stare in awe at the new Eve btw, it's great (although a tad bit bright with scatterer, will fix with custom shaders at some point). I should also add that this update does not fix the CityLights bug and I'm waiting for EVE to have that fixed so as soon as it is I'll update the dependency. Also, I tweaked the Scatterer settings for Eve and Jool so the install procedure has changed, check out the ReadMe for deets. If you run into any other problems please let me know! Thank ya.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE v0.7.0

- Updated to EVE pre-release

- Updated cloud configuration files for all planets

- Slowed Aurora's detail texture and also brightened them

- Flipped Jool's textures

- Added new Kerbin texture (thanks @Tekener!)

- Tweaked detailEve texture

- Adjusted city mask texture position

- Added newer particle textures

- Removed unnecessary textures

- Added tweaked Eve and Jool scatterer settings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the lord your savior, the Holy Blue Text, blesses you with this update for it shall bring hope and grace to all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Any idea what may cause my start screen to look so blurry? It happened when I installed your update. Thanks in advance, and thanks for your amazing work.B2Ocnyl.png

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. No clue what's causing it but it doesn't look like that in game and doesn't really matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for your work on this mod. Its seriously epic! In fact, it makes me sad to think that I could have played all of my previous playtime with it, but didnt caues I didnt know about it...

Sad and happy at the same time. But mostly happy. :)

CM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The blurry cloud layer appears in-game for me as well. This is on a fresh install to test, no other mods except Scatterer. Latest UR version of SVE, downloaded from link in OP about half an hour ago; not installed from CKAN.

9seWhvk.png

Logs are here if they're any use.

Edited by UnanimousCoward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UnanimousCoward said:

The blurry cloud layer appears in-game for me as well. This is on a fresh install to test, no other mods except Scatterer. Latest version of SVE, downloaded from link in OP about half an hour ago; not installed from CKAN.

9seWhvk.png

Logs are here if they're any use.

Wow, that is trippin me up! Brain is struggling to focus. 

CM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, rbray89 said:

Yeah... Once I realized what I had created I was rather surprised it works so well. It does require people to tweak it for the best effect, but as you've shown, it can look fantastic when used properly :)

So what is this new technique I'm hearing about? What did you change rbray?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, blackrack said:

So what is this new technique I'm hearing about? What did you change rbray?

Enhanced shading to the particles so that they have a "scattering" and "spherical normal-map" effect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UnanimousCoward said:

The blurry cloud layer appears in-game for me as well. This is on a fresh install to test, no other mods except Scatterer. Latest UR version of SVE, downloaded from link in OP about half an hour ago; not installed from CKAN.

9seWhvk.png

Logs are here if they're any use.

Delete the EnviromentalVisualEnhancement folder and StockVisualEnhancement folder from your Gamedata and then reinstall from scratch and tell me if it still occurs.

Edited by Nhawks17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Enhanced shading to the particles so that they have a "scattering" and "spherical normal-map" effect. 

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Scratch that

I see, so this is the effect in question:

Looks good, are there any albums around? I won't be firing up the game for a while.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blackrack said:

I see, so this is the effect in question:

Looks good, are there any albums around? I won't be firing up the game for a while.

 

Correct. I do not have any albums of it no, I'm sure @sDaZe would love to make one though :D:P 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

The blurry cloud layer appears in-game for me as well. This is on a fresh install to test, no other mods except Scatterer. Latest UR version of SVE, downloaded from link in OP about half an hour ago; not installed from CKAN.

9seWhvk.png

 

There's a few places where that looks like a double layer of clouds, I think. Especially in that area up in the 'armpit of Africa' landmass area. I haven't made it up into orbit in my latest playthrough yet, so I can't confirm if I have this or not, but if Nhawk's suggestion about reinstalling doesn't work, then I wonder if maybe he accidentally duplicated the cloud layer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shadriss said:

There's a few places where that looks like a double layer of clouds, I think. Especially in that area up in the 'armpit of Africa' landmass area. I haven't made it up into orbit in my latest playthrough yet, so I can't confirm if I have this or not, but if Nhawk's suggestion about reinstalling doesn't work, then I wonder if maybe he accidentally duplicated the cloud layer?

I checked the downloads and all is well with the configs (and I tested it on my system and it was fine).... @rbray89 could this be related to the doubled city lights issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Delete the EnviromentalVisualEnhancement folder and StockVisualEnhancement folder from your Gamedata and then reinstall from scratch and tell me if it still occurs.

Just tried that. Still happening. Also tried reinstalling with the HR pack rather than the UR, but it was the same.

Oh I should probably also say that all of this is in map view in the flight scene (not the tracking station). I'll try it again later to see what it looks like from orbit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Just tried that. Still happening. Also tried reinstalling with the HR pack rather than the UR, but it was the same.

Oh I should probably also say that all of this is in map view in the flight scene (not the tracking station). I'll try it again later to see what it looks like from orbit.

Okay let me know. I don't know what could be causing it as it isn't happening on my system even when using the download version...

Edit:

Also hit Alt + 0 (zero) and navigate over to the CloudManager section using the arrows at the top of that EVE menu. Take a screenshot of the cloud layers that are showing for you. Example:

Spoiler

TbwNP3e.pngLrdGxaO.png

 

Edited by Nhawks17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I checked the downloads and all is well with the configs (and I tested it on my system and it was fine).... @rbray89 could this be related to the doubled city lights issue?

No... there is only one set of geometry for clouds...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...