[WIP] Toy Solar System 0.01

Whirligig Girl

RELEASE THREAD HERE!

Based on metaphor's work in the 1/10 scale stock system config for the old RSS plugin, this mod rescales all the planets and moons and orbits to be 1/10 of the original.

It also rescales some of the PQS height stuffamabobbers, so the planets have reasonable slopes (though they are somewhat exaggerated still because it looks cool for the smaller scale)

Actually, this is only done for Duna, Mun, Minmus, Kerbin, and to some extent on Tylo and Vall and Moho.

(Shameless self plug: My career mode After Action Report about this mod)

EDIT: Wooo! Reviewed by Scott Manley!

Edited by GregroxMun

Dangit! I just thought of this Saturday and you beat me to making it. I thought I was being original.

Granted in my take the atmospheric height would also be reduced. From 70k to 35k (because reducing 70k to 7k as per the 1:10 would be a nightmare for aircraft as well as everything else). Ofc mountains would be reduced too so that K2 90%+ to space.

- - - Updated - - -

Dangit! I just thought of this Saturday and you beat me to making it. I thought I was being original.

Granted in my take the atmospheric height would also be reduced. From 70k to 35k (because reducing 70k to 7k as per the 1:10 would be a nightmare for aircraft as well as everything else). Ofc mountains would be reduced too so that K2 90%+ to space.

I am probably going to balance the atmospheres better, but it's worth noting that atmospheres don't use the same pre-1.0 system, you now have to define them with a curve, rather than height/scaleheight/pressure. So, I'm using KillAshley's atmosphere calculator and right now the max altitude is 1/10 scale atmosphere height and 1/1 scale pressure. This may change in the future of course, but that's how it is now.

Edited by GregroxMun

You know... I had an idea for a 1/100th scale system with orbits set to 1/1000th the distance, But i had *ahem* Hedgehog troubles,

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If you know how to fix this i will gladly continue development for the 1/100th idea, but it has currently ceased because i have no idea how to solve the problem other than to rename it to "The MLG Sanic mod" and walk away like a boss.

You know... I had an idea for a 1/100th scale system with orbits set to 1/1000th the distance, But i had *ahem* Hedgehog troubles,

http://imgur.com/a/x2iF4

If you know how to fix this i will gladly continue development for the 1/100th idea, but it has currently ceased because i have no idea how to solve the problem other than to rename it to "The MLG Sanic mod" and walk away like a boss.

I just want to make it clear to everyone else that the above is not my mod. Mun in my mod is not so hedgehoggy.

Making a 1/100th scale planetary system should be fairly easy, just lower all the deformities and offset the correct amount. You can take a look at my config to see what is neccesary to rekerjigger deformities, though at the moment there is a considerable issue with changing the PQS on Laythe and Eve (they like to become invisible Kraken eggs).

• 2 weeks later...
Loving the mod, but can I haz Delta-V map plz?

Just divide stock delta-v by square root of 10. Orbital delta-V is about 1 km/s.

This is actually true of any rescale config. for 64K, you can approximate delta-v by multiplying stock delta-v by Sqrt 6.4. For 10x scale, MULTIPLY (instead of divide) stock by sqrt 10.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.