KSP Medals

wissx

So I see people have all theese awards in thier signatures. So Why not do United States Military style award racks!

Here is a example of a ribbon. IN this Case Congressional Space Medal of Honor.

160px-CongSpaceRib.png

THe ribbons would be smaller and have requirements based on it. I would also do fun awars like trying to land on the sun orr something. The higher and more valorus awards would require some proof of some sort. Say you already. I think this would make the signatures cooler and more spacey. NO I did not get the idea from the mod.:sticktongue:

One of the downsides of the website RIC linked is the ribbons you create only relate to missions you carried and, so they don't mean anything to anybody apart from you - they're more like a way of keeping tabs on where you've been rather than a mark of honour or prowess.

Most sig badges originate in the Challenges subforum. It would be awesome if the forum generated a ribbon for each challenge, tracked challenge participation and gave you an option to enable sig racks in your profile, but not being very forum savvy I guess that could be really difficult to do.

One of the downsides of the website RIC linked is the ribbons you create only relate to missions you carried and, so they don't mean anything to anybody apart from you - they're more like a way of keeping tabs on where you've been rather than a mark of honour or prowess.

Most sig badges originate in the Challenges subforum. It would be awesome if the forum generated a ribbon for each challenge, tracked challenge participation and gave you an option to enable sig racks in your profile, but not being very forum savvy I guess that could be really difficult to do.

I participated in a website that essential did that, wasn't a forum, but wasn't too far off of this.

As to that, it would just be a to do list, but it would be awesome. Like rep, doesn't do anything except show what you can do.

Ofc we have to seperate ribbons per version since going to the moon isn't as easy as it could've been back in like .14 where there were no air intakes.

But I'd still like to see this done.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

I've suggested this before but I still think Squad should make real Challenge Coins for KSP players to buy.

There are several companies that will make custom designs for organisations official or otherwise.

NASA have had them since the Gemini era (maybe earlier), seems fitting for KSP players to have their own official KSP ones.

Edited by wossname

I've suggested this before but I still think Squad should make real Challenge Coins for KSP players to buy.

There are several companies that will make custom designs for organisations official or otherwise.

NASA have had them since the Gemini era (maybe earlier), seems fitting for KSP players to have their own official KSP ones.

But giving q physical object is harder and more expinsive, but completely digital is easier and just as fun and rewarding.

But giving q physical object is harder and more expinsive

That is what profit is for. Making commercial products isn't particularly difficult if you have the talent. Squad has made some good physical products before -- the 3D printed Kerbal on my desk is a great example. Shapeways did a good job as a subcontractor.

...completely digital is easier...
Yes, but it is intangible and fleeting.
...and just as fun and rewarding.
You are easily pleased :) j/k

That is what profit is for. Making commercial products isn't particularly difficult if you have the talent. Squad has made some good physical products before -- the 3D printed Kerbal on my desk is a great example. Shapeways did a good job as a subcontractor.

Yes, but it is intangible and fleeting.

You are easily pleased :) j/k

But how does squad get paid for giving these? Do people pay to frame their achievements? Better to not make it official and just leave it to the community. Moreover we're talking something like FinalFrontier on the forums, not anything real.

Everything is fleeting. What was your great great grandfather's name? WITHOUT looking it up, do you know it? No? He was a person just as much as you and you don't even know something as small as his name. In short, if you think like that, everything is.

KErbal Medal Councel? 2 kinds. Easy just some little proof and some that are big deal like a Kerbal Space Medah of Honor and such?

Yeah but we want this built into the forums. I'd like it to be automatic for both steam and KSP store buyers. I'm thinking a simple internet connection will suffice. Just have the game connect to a squad server, send its information of achievements and such there when a save is loaded. Ofc it'll be saved on a per user database. I'd assume it would require you to connect either a steam, KSP store or forum account so that you could keep your information mobile in case you have to switch saves.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.