The Future of FASA

NathanKell

• 3 months later...

I am using the FASA mod to make videos and its working great...mostly. I am having the same issues discussed here, but I see they are known issues. That being said. Is there anything we, or others who like the mod, can do to get this to work correctly? I am sure I can find volunteers.

13 hours ago, KGas- Inc said:

I am using the FASA mod to make videos and its working great...mostly. I am having the same issues discussed here, but I see they are known issues. That being said. Is there anything we, or others who like the mod, can do to get this to work correctly? I am sure I can find volunteers.

Check @Jebs_SY's update for FASA, it might be working better than the release you're using. It's the latest official update for the pack.

First, let me start out by saying that I love FASA, and it is what got me into the idea of Historical modding in the first place, BUT...there is a good chance that it will never be revived.

With that being said, @CobaltWolf has done an incredible job with Bluedog Design Bureau and has created most (might be all of them at this point) of the ships that were created in FASA, plus some. The only real difference with his mod pack is that he uses different names for the pieces. Well, someone has created a real names config that allows you to play with the correct names of the parts.

Instead of people trying to fix the very broken things with FASA, why not just use the FASA textures to offer a "realistic" texture pack for BDB? Can someone explain to me why this would be a bad idea and is it not infinitely easier than trying to fix a mod that hasn't truly been updated since 1.0?

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Check @Jebs_SY's update for FASA, it might be working better than the release you're using. It's the latest official update for the pack.

Thanks for that. I guess I should be more specific, and potentially complicated. I am using KSP 1.1.3 and RSS/RO so there are many things that have to work together. Still it seems my issues (the landing leg with the ladder being all weird on full deploy and the contact legs not sinking in) are the ones mentioned before. I am using the 6.0 version that you linked. But I don't know if I should use something else.

I also have this in the IVA:

z1HfaHi.png

Just now, KGas- Inc said:

Thanks for that. I guess I should be more specific, and potentially complicated. I am using KSP 1.1.3 and RSS/RO so there are many things that have to work together. Still it seems my issues (the landing leg with the ladder being all weird on full deploy and the contact legs not sinking in) are the ones mentioned before. I am using the 6.0 version that you linked. But I don't know if I should use something else.

I also have this in the IVA:

There was an additional patch linked just below the link to 6.0, you might be able to bash those fixes for the legs into the 1.1.3 version with a little bit of config editing. :)

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

There was an additional patch linked just below the link to 6.0, you might be able to bash those fixes for the legs into the 1.1.3 version with a little bit of config editing. :)

Any idea on the IVA issue? I tired using the BDB LEM lander with the legs already attached, but it had major issues in RO for me like textures being all wierd and the leg animations all odd, could be the wrong version perhaps? Are there RO configs by chance?

On 2/15/2017 at 0:44 AM, KGas- Inc said:

Any idea on the IVA issue? I tired using the BDB LEM lander with the legs already attached, but it had major issues in RO for me like textures being all wierd and the leg animations all odd, could be the wrong version perhaps? Are there RO configs by chance?

We don't have RO configs. :(

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

We don't have RO configs. :(

That I noticed. Would you want help with that? Anyway, I got it fixed. I looked through the modules for the landing legs in the squad folder and, on a hunch, threw them in the cfgs for the FASA legs. That got me closer, but then they acted weird, so I did some searching figured out the values I need to change, and viola, it worked. If anyone needs 1.1.3 FASA leg configs, lemme know.

tDsz7t5.png

• 1 month later...

I had downloaded a version of the FASA launclamps/towers that worked great for KSP 1.0.5 and then, using the same files, it also worked for 1.1.2. What about 1.2.2? Where can I get my hands on these? Thoughts on whether the same files will work on 1.2.2?

Thanks

On 3/23/2017 at 5:58 PM, Calvin_Maclure said:

I had downloaded a version of the FASA launclamps/towers that worked great for KSP 1.0.5 and then, using the same files, it also worked for 1.1.2. What about 1.2.2? Where can I get my hands on these? Thoughts on whether the same files will work on 1.2.2?

Thanks

They are currently maintained in Bluedog Design Bureau, I think someone *might* have repackaged them back as a standalone. If not, you can just delete all the other part folders in BDB. :)

On 3/25/2017 at 0:46 PM, CobaltWolf said:

They are currently maintained in Bluedog Design Bureau, I think someone *might* have repackaged them back as a standalone. If not, you can just delete all the other part folders in BDB. :)

Ok. So should I expect any craft breaking? 

So what is the current status of RO and FASA etc?  I've been looking for an active thread to discuss but haven't seen one. I have FASA/FAR/RO etc working ok but have a few questions (like why is the TWR on the Saturn 1B / V only .31).   Anybody have a few minutes to clue me in? (I've been away from KSP for the last few revisions and was looking forward to RO/FASA with built in telemetry).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.